Sprint adds Wi-Fi calling to improve voice coverage - CNET

Old news, but I don't remember this being posted. I wonder if the SQN100-4 can have WiFi calling added to it via a software patch, and how much modification would be required to the setup that's in the TMO phones.
    04-10-14 10:28 PM
    coolio! should I move this to sprint then?
    04-10-14 11:31 PM
    Dang, I just switched from sprint to tmo for this, then decided I wanted a bigger screen. Regardless.. I'm on z30 now so no wifi calling for me either way

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:45 PM
    coolio! should I move this to sprint then?
    As of when that article was written, only two (Android) phones had it. That may have changed now, but I haven't heard anything about the Sprint Q10 being a device retroactively gaining this feature.
    04-10-14 11:52 PM
    "Wi-Fi has long been used by wireless carriers and their customers to offload data traffic. AT&T has built large Wi-Fi hot zones in highly trafficked areas as a way to help relieve congestion on its network."

I didn't realize AT&T set up wifi hot spots to relieve network congestion. I just figured it was a deal with Starbucks. If you recall when the hot spots first showed up, you had to set up an account with Starbucks. It was a cluster. Eventually they dropped that requirement.

I was at a Starbucks recently and Google was providing the wifi, though when I investigated the IP, it was from Comcast.

Needless to say I refused to use Google as the host since they were probably data mining.

LTE Is so fast that I rarely use public wifi.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:33 AM
    "Wi-Fi has long been used by wireless carriers and their customers to offload data traffic. AT&T has built large Wi-Fi hot zones in highly trafficked areas as a way to help relieve congestion on its network."

I didn't realize AT&T set up wifi hot spots to relieve network congestion. I just figured it was a deal with Starbucks. If you recall when the hot spots first showed up, you had to set up an account with Starbucks. It was a cluster. Eventually they dropped that requirement.

I was at a Starbucks recently and Google was providing the wifi, though when I investigated the IP, it was from Comcast.

Needless to say I refused to use Google as the host since they were probably data mining.

LTE Is so fast that I rarely use public wifi.

Posted via CB10
    Refused internet service because you were worried about data mining???? You must be high up on the NSA's list then...

I can't even.....

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.2228
    04-21-14 03:15 AM
    Refused internet service because you were worried about data mining???? You must be high up on the NSA's list then...

I can't even.....

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.2228
    http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/wireless-internet

They are slowly converting to google with Comcast as the backbone.

The NSA doesn't like anyone, so everyone is a target.

I'm certain Google is sniffing Starbucks for data mining. I just drink plain black coffee, but people who drink foofoo stuff st a Starbucks are a key demographic. Lots of disposable income.

I use business grade DSL at home. They are paid well to not sniff my packets. Comcast does packet inspection. I won't use them.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 06:19 AM