I have just bought a new Sprint 8830 WE, in USA, which according to their website states it comes unlocked to GSM networks outside USA. I have now tried O2 and Orange Sims in this fone here in UK and it cannot get any signal or service on either. Appreciate any help in advising me what I have to do to unlock this please ?
    08-30-09 06:06 AM
    Follow this procedure to make sure your blackberry is unlocked. It should be.

How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"? - BlackBerryFAQ

Also make sure the phone is configured for either Global or GSM network mode (options->mobile network).
    08-30-09 10:31 AM
    thanks very much for that reply. the blackberry site is good, but when i follow their instructions my personalised settings ALL show UNKNOWN, which is an option they do not show. This is the case with my Sprint card in or my Orange one. I have also changed my settings to GSM as you suggested.
    08-30-09 05:04 PM
    thanks very much for that reply. the blackberry site is good, but when i follow their instructions my personalised settings ALL show UNKNOWN, which is an option they do not show. This is the case with my Sprint card in or my Orange one. I have also changed my settings to GSM as you suggested.
    @Geoffrey
    You def should be able to use the phone in the UK. When you're going through the MEPD screens, did you have a SIM card in? My phone gives the same, all unknowns, without a SIM card. When I pop my US T-Mobile card in, I get this:

08-31-09 07:21 AM
    thanks for info. i tried with a cancelled US Sprint card and good Vodafone, O2 and Orange cards here, but all gacve me same answer...unknown on all items. I have a good T Mob US card and will try that.
    08-31-09 03:50 PM
    thanks for info. i tried with a cancelled US Sprint card and good Vodafone, O2 and Orange cards here, but all gacve me same answer...unknown on all items. I have a good T Mob US card and will try that.
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe a Sprint SIM would work either. That is an IDEN card, I think- not a GSM.
    08-31-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD