Ok, so Sprint is selling the 8330 on BOGO. Seems to be clearing old stock. Does this mean we will have the 8530 release in a few weeks? or longer? Buehler?, Buehler? Anyone? Anyone?
    11-22-09 12:11 AM
    Well since it has been confirmed that they will have it and vzw just released it I would imagine we will have it very soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 01:06 AM
    Just got this from Sprint CS:

Thank you for contacting Sprint in regards to the new Blackberry 8530.
    Blackberry devices are some of our most popular equipment we offer. We
    are happy to have the 8530 as an addition to our equipment line up in
    2010. The current tentative release date for the 8530 is March, 2010. If
    you would like to pre-register, or receive additional information about
    the new Smartphone, please visit Sprint | Introducing the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by perezaj9; 11-25-09 at 11:45 AM.
    11-25-09 11:35 AM
    March 2010...are they serious? Why do I want to wait til then????
    11-25-09 07:15 PM
    March of 2010 sounds wrong. I've been with Sprint for a longtime and I've never seen them put a phone up on their website that wasn't release within the next 2 to 3 months at a max. They put up the 8530 on Nov. 5. A March release date would 5 months. That just doesn't seem right.
    11-25-09 07:37 PM
    I've heard from Mid December to Mid January depending on the sprint rep I speak to. Think I'll try a tour since I'll only have 10 months left on waiting for a replacement (or less) if I pull the trigger now.

Shame, letting verizon scoop them like that....
    11-25-09 11:44 PM
    March 2010 would be fine w/ me. Let verizon be the test dummies and when they role out on sprint, they shold be just fine. I have the 8330 so it will be a nice updated phone the only problem I am having is people are saying good things about their Samsung Moment and would love to have a full screen like that.
    11-26-09 05:57 AM
    I heard a solid date of January 10 which would give verizon almost 2 months with the product on the market.
    11-27-09 04:23 PM
    I keep wondering why does sprint wait so long to release devices? they know people want them and are willing to buy them even in this economy and wait 3 months after another carrier has them to release the phone. I guess their banking on their more affordable plans to keep customers in this day and age.
    11-27-09 06:31 PM
    I keep wondering why does sprint wait so long to release devices? they know people want them and are willing to buy them even in this economy and wait 3 months after another carrier has them to release the phone. I guess their banking on their more affordable plans to keep customers in this day and age.
    I watched a C-Net review once on a Sprint Product, they gave a cudos to Sprint for not always jumping on top of products and waiting til they are out for a minute.
    11-27-09 07:17 PM
    Keep in mind that Sprint's not the only one who gets to decide when it comes to them for release, it's also in RIM's hands as well.

Now although I like the 8530, losing the flash on my camera isn't really considered an upgrade to me...if it had a flash I'd hop right on it.
    11-27-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD