View Poll Results: do you think bell is ripping you off with the new warrenty policy?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEs, why am I paying for spc (yr1) if it only covers the 2nd and 3rd year?

4 66.67%
  • YES, bell is alway ripping us off!! those bastards!

0 0%
  • NO I dont have spc warrenty!

2 33.33%
  • NO my is not in warrenty anymore!

0 0%
    Anyone get a letter within the last two weeks about how the spc coverage is only on the 2nd & 3rd year of the phone now and that the first year is cover by manufactured warrenty??
    I just got one the other day saying that my warranty is now 1 year from manufactured warrenty and that if i have any problems i will have to deal with Manufacture. after the first year on it will be covered with the spc warrenty?

I just wondering how does that make sence then why would i pay for the normal warrenty i already get for the phone and then get my 2 and 3 year cover by spc i thought the whole point of getting the spc warrenty is to beable to be cover by BELL???

anyone have any info on this or can clear it up let me know please!!!!!!!!!!
    10-28-09 02:46 AM
    Anyone get a letter within the last two weeks about how the spc coverage is only on the 2nd & 3rd year of the phone now and that the first year is cover by manufactured warrenty??
    I just got one the other day saying that my warranty is now 1 year from manufactured warrenty and that if i have any problems i will have to deal with Manufacture. after the first year on it will be covered with the spc warrenty?

I just wondering how does that make sence then why would i pay for the normal warrenty i already get for the phone and then get my 2 and 3 year cover by spc i thought the whole point of getting the spc warrenty is to beable to be cover by BELL???

anyone have any info on this or can clear it up let me know please!!!!!!!!!!
    when did you recieve this letter and ill contact are help desk tomorrow and get back to you on how it works might be a mis read ?
    10-30-09 10:12 PM
    when did you recieve this letter and ill contact are help desk tomorrow and get back to you on how it works might be a mis read ?
    It was dated October 16 I got II about 1 week ago I will take a picture and upload it on Monday or something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 10:31 PM

There was an echo on it a couple of weeks ago. It's lame. I don't like talking much about SPC any more especially not the $4 one. It's almost useless.
    10-30-09 10:58 PM
    There was an echo on it a couple of weeks ago. It's lame. I don't like talking much about SPC any more especially not the $4 one. It's almost useless.
    O mustve missed it.. Gonna go searching for it now though

10-31-09 10:22 AM
    it is really F*****G brutal..... they are ripping us off.... might as well not even go for it.... its truly ridiculous.
    10-31-09 06:50 PM
    anyone know why they change the policy?
    11-10-09 12:59 PM
    anyone know why they change the policy?
    I would guess partially because RIM changed their warrant policy and because of the issues from the Storm and Tour. I had to use my SPC coverage just because Bell didnt have the MSL code for a while, they only had the One-time lock code.
    11-10-09 08:32 PM
    I called Bell about this and they told me that the SPC will still cover and water damage or theft (or anything else the manufacturer wont cover). I think that it still makes it worth while for me.
    11-11-09 10:26 PM
    sorry to bump this up, thought it would probably be better than making a new topic...

so, I dropped my curve to the point where its all scratched up and I can't stand looking at the scratched screen. I also get the white screen sometimes (i.e. the phone would be on I press the lock button for example, it turns blank then the locked screen comes on) I do have the SPC ($7 bucks a month), and I got my Curve January of last year.

So am I still under the manufacturer warranty? or am I on the 2nd year?

Lastly, when they say they'll try to replace my phone with the "same make and model" does that mean they can't guarantee that I'll get a curve back?

I apologize for my nonsense, I'm just tired and I've been searching for answers all evening.
    01-14-10 02:01 AM
    sorry to bump this up, thought it would probably be better than making a new topic...

so, I dropped my curve to the point where its all scratched up and I can't stand looking at the scratched screen. I also get the white screen sometimes (i.e. the phone would be on I press the lock button for example, it turns blank then the locked screen comes on) I do have the SPC ($7 bucks a month), and I got my Curve January of last year.

So am I still under the manufacturer warranty? or am I on the 2nd year?

Lastly, when they say they'll try to replace my phone with the "same make and model" does that mean they can't guarantee that I'll get a curve back?

I apologize for my nonsense, I'm just tired and I've been searching for answers all evening.
    That what it sounds like maybe they give you a better phone who knows

01-14-10 02:14 AM
    ^thanks, damn i dont wanna take a risk and get sent a stupid pearl.
    01-16-10 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD