Telus offer a plan 40$ a month for unlimited access to Facebook, BBM, WLM, and unlimited txt messages(no web browsing).

My friend just got a 8530 with this plan, he have a wifi hotspot at home and he can browse over the net via wifi for free. I downloaded the App World a a few app for him(still via wifi). Everything work fine but he cant use his emails. He have the option to configure it in the setup folder, he did it. He see a message that say ''you'll see a new icon home screen''(or something like that), but nothing appears on home screen. We try to reconfigure it over wifi and still the same problem. Did battery pull and everything...

Does anyone was able to use email on this plan? If yes, how?
    04-07-10 02:38 PM
    The problem with the Social Networking plan is that it doesn't include the email service books, which is what you'd need in order to receive emails on the BlackBerry.

Your friend can log in via their phone's webmail, but actually loading the email accounts may be a challenge.

The only other potential solution is to sign back in to the BIS account via the Email setup icon and press the BB Menu button, select Service Books from the list, and then try sending the service books. Follow this up with a battery pull as well. That may push the email service books to the phone, but I'm not too hopeful.
    04-07-10 02:59 PM
    Yeah, I hoped that was something about services books... Any 3rd party app (free) allow to see hotmail email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 03:00 PM
    Hotmail can be accessed via their mobile site. Its actually pretty decent for basic needs. You might be able to try Window Live Messenger as well. While I'm not 100% certain, it may give notifications of new emails (sorry, its been a while since I used the app).
    04-07-10 08:13 PM
    windows live sent me an ad on my hotmail account about their app. Would think its what you want, for a hotmail account at least.
    04-10-10 11:30 PM
    What th� name of the app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 11:35 PM
    Telus offers two Clear Choice Blackberry plans, aside from their regular data plans. Blackberry Social give you unlimited SMS, unlimited data access to Facebook, BBM, Windows Live Messenger, and MySpace. Email is not included with this one. The other plan is Email and IM. Which gives you unlimited email and IM. They both are 40 dollars a month. So if you want email without and full data plan, you have to go with the Email and IM one for the same price, but you would be sacrificing SMS and Facebook.
    05-05-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD