I noticed this morning that 4.5.0.89 is now in BB again. I'm wondering why haven't they sent out a text or why when you go to BB and enter your pin it says there's no upgrade??? I did sign up for email notifications.
    10-27-08 11:59 AM
    I wondered the same thing. I was told by more than one rep, as well as a person or two on this forum who usually has reliable information, that we would receive a text message when an update was available. Maybe Alltel changed their minds, or didn't want to excite everyone and have a server overload problem?
    10-27-08 01:45 PM
    So much for the Curve OS update, guess we have to wait a year or so like you Pearl owners did......NOT.
    I'll move on from Alltel before that happens to me
    10-27-08 02:12 PM
    I've heard, but not been able to confirm for certain - the Curve update should be out next week.
    10-27-08 02:33 PM
    Always pushed to another week. I was really excited to wake up this morning. Let down.
    10-27-08 03:18 PM
    i was told the curve update would be in a week also. No specific date was given, but with the docstogo folder that was pushed to my curve last week, i am sure that means its coming too.
    10-27-08 03:21 PM
    it launched today officially, for alltel customers, go to Alltel Downloads and it'll guide you through the update.

why there wasn't any specific info pushed to the phones I can't speak for, it didn't hit the site until around 11:45-12:00 CST today but the info was available for the reps that it was going to be there for customers today when I got to work at 8:30 this morning.....
    10-27-08 08:16 PM
    Normally Alltel only sends info updates for required updates. Rest come in bill inserts, or a mass message later on.

Blackberry though, if you signed up for their notification of new updates, should've emailed customers with the update availability.
    10-27-08 08:33 PM
    after having checked the blackberry site, i just checked that alltel one, and the only option is for a quickdialer or some bs like that....no OS.
    10-27-08 09:33 PM
    That's because the Curve update is not available yet. I've heard, not yet confirmed that it could be out next week.
    10-27-08 09:46 PM
    Normally Alltel only sends info updates for required updates. Rest come in bill inserts, or a mass message later on.

Blackberry though, if you signed up for their notification of new updates, should've emailed customers with the update availability.
    I signed up on the BB site and never received a notification of update for my phone.
    10-28-08 05:25 AM
    it launched today officially, for alltel customers, go to Alltel Downloads and it'll guide you through the update.
    It is not out for the Curve, just the Pearl
    10-28-08 05:26 AM
    i know it didnt launch, but i was wondering why dhyde said it did and linked to the quick dialer thing.....

I dont expect to see an update for another month, at the very least. I know how cell phone companies operate.
    10-28-08 06:51 AM
    did I miss something in the title or section that this thread's in that mentioned that it was a curve only debate? the curve's 4.5 hasn't been spotted in the wild that I know of, only the pearl had been I mentioned and linked to the alltel software site because it is out for the pearl.....and, is an Alltel 4.5....
    10-29-08 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD