Nuff' said.
    07-29-08 02:39 PM
    Ahh grasshoppah, you are learning not to trust any rumored dates for anything that is yet to be released.
    07-29-08 02:44 PM
    Pissin me off. And my Curve is DONE, dropped it in the water. Called Rogers, even told them I would cancel my accounts with them, and all they can offer me is a ****ty sony ericson on a "lost/stolen" phone program. What the **** is that?
    07-29-08 03:02 PM
    That's life... no offence, but suck it up... YOU dropped your phone in the water, and you're mad at Rogers for not having a device out that no CSR has said is a confirmed date; however, like 300 store reps said the dates...

Relax, breath, buy a ghetto used phone off of CL for like $20 and continue for the time being...
    07-29-08 04:21 PM
    Still pisses me off. You'd think they would offer something a little more for a customer who has been with them for over 10 years and has 5 lines with them...
    07-29-08 04:29 PM
    Still pisses me off. You'd think they would offer something a little more for a customer who has been with them for over 10 years and has 5 lines with them...
    What does being a customer for x amount of years have to do with anything? Do you expect free electricity from the power company because you had service for x amount of years? Do you expect free purchases because you're a loyal shopper at Wal Mart?

You pay for a service. Get over it. Or learn to keep your expensive devices out of water.

I don't believable.
    07-30-08 02:52 PM
    What does being a customer for x amount of years have to do with anything? Do you expect free electricity from the power company because you had service for x amount of years? Do you expect free purchases because you're a loyal shopper at Wal Mart?

You pay for a service. Get over it. Or learn to keep your expensive devices out of water.

I don't believable.
    07-30-08 03:28 PM

I don't believable.

I completely AGREE! This guy is lucky he even got offered a sony erricson...for 1 the phone is $300 and 2 he doesnt deserve anything with that attitude.
    07-30-08 04:06 PM
    I completely AGREE! This guy is lucky he even got offered a sony erricson...for 1 the phone is $300 and 2 he doesnt deserve anything with that attitude.
    Working for Robbers... you would agree with that.
    07-30-08 05:09 PM
    Personally I agree with that to. Its your fault you dropped it in the water not rogers. I would be happy they offered me a replacement at all. Better than having no phone at all... Rogers did nothing wrong, infact they did you a favor by giving you a replacement.
    07-30-08 05:17 PM
    See. This is just another reason that people should not buy into all these rumours.

Secondly, I'm sorry m.km but you dropped your phone in water. Unless a representative for Rogers came over to your house, took your Curve, and threw it in a lake, it is really not their responsibility, no matter how long you have been a loyal customer. I wish it were different, but such is life.
    07-30-08 05:20 PM
    Working for Robbers... you would agree with that.
    I see what you did there. Rogers. Robbers. I get it. Funny.. Does anyone else get it? It's funny because Rogers sounds like Robbers. But Robbers implies that Rogers are Robbers. That's funny stuff. Really witty.

No. Most adults understand the concept of receiving a service in exchange for money. However, some expect services for free.

Robbers. I couldn't laugh harder if I tried. Silly Rogers, when will you understand Canadians want services for free. We live in a free Country don't we? Why should we have to pay competitive prices for services we don't need?

Then again, we all really need that fabulous push email. Nothing like getting my daily hotmail spam directly on my phone, while waiting in line. At Mcdonalds. Holding up the line because i'm so important on my Blackberry.

God bless vacant anonimity.
    07-30-08 05:50 PM
    I see what you did there. Rogers. Robbers. I get it. Funny.. Does anyone else get it? It's funny because Rogers sounds like Robbers. But Robbers implies that Rogers are Robbers. That's funny stuff. Really witty.

No. Most adults understand the concept of receiving a service in exchange for money. However, some expect services for free.

Robbers. I couldn't laugh harder if I tried. Silly Rogers, when will you understand Canadians want services for free. We live in a free Country don't we? Why should we have to pay competitive prices for services we don't need?

Then again, we all really need that fabulous push email. Nothing like getting my daily hotmail spam directly on my phone, while waiting in line. At Mcdonalds. Holding up the line because i'm so important on my Blackberry.

God bless vacant anonimity.
    Wow. You are very angry for having only 8 posts here...
    07-30-08 05:55 PM
    Wow. You are very angry for having only 8 posts here...
    Angry? Facetious perhaps. Certainly not angry.

I just find it disconcerting that people have the nerve to call Rogers "Robbers". Like this character, admitting to dropping the phone in water, and previously saying that he/she has dropped it down stairs.

I have 8 posts already?
    07-30-08 06:10 PM
    You dropped the phone. Suck it up and buy another 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 08:24 PM
    Angry? Facetious perhaps. Certainly not angry.

I just find it disconcerting that people have the nerve to call Rogers "Robbers". Like this character, admitting to dropping the phone in water, and previously saying that he/she has dropped it down stairs.

I have 8 posts already?
    I was mostly kidding.

I have heard rogers referred to as robbers million times - this guy didn't come up with it....

07-30-08 08:31 PM
    From what I've read the July 29th date was for Rogers Business customers, with August 8th being the general availability for personal customers.

New BlackBerry Bold Release Dates - BlackBerryTrade.com Forum
    07-30-08 08:48 PM
    Pissin me off. And my Curve is DONE, dropped it in the water. Called Rogers, even told them I would cancel my accounts with them, and all they can offer me is a ****ty sony ericson on a "lost/stolen" phone program. What the **** is that?
    Awwwww who gives a damn! You have the audacity to call and threaten to cancel because they didnt have the Bold or didnt give you a replacement phone for free?

People like you are utterly amazing and this is the very reason why I couldnt have a CS job. You think you're the only one that has longevity with the carrier and multiple lines? See, I cant have a job like this because the minute someone like you got on the line with that attitude and said cancel, I would have done just that. And could you sue? Nope!!!! You did say cancel!!!
    07-30-08 08:59 PM
    Okay okay now, let's not get into anything. Bickering will only lead to nothing. You can choose to take me seriously or not because I DO work for the company referred to, excessively as, Robbers. For one thing, I'm proud of my job and no it does not come first before my objectivity. You don't think I know Rogers has some of the highest wireless rates in Canada? But between going GSM and non-GSM, I would rather go GSM and it comes with a monthly price tag in Canada!

So you dropped your device in the water and you want the Bold. You thought the Bold was to be released on July 29th and turns out you thought wrong and this pisses you off? Bear in mind ONE thing, did the Rogers website CONFIRM the release date to you? No.

10 million reps can say 10 million things. Each rep you talk to is different because they will each throw in their two cents. The ONLY thing I've heard from any official Rogers sources about the Bold is that it's release has been delayed an undetermined length of time.

Even the iPhone had collateral being distributed before the device was even launched! The Bold might very well be the same scenario. You can very well go cancel all 5 of your lines and be tagged with whatever ECFs and DECFs but once the Bold actually comes out, you'll be right back with Rogers.

You have to understand one thing, I'm a rep and I work like a dog for my customers to keep them happy. So if you've been a Rogers customer for 10 years with 5 lines, somebody must've been doing SOMETHING right and you're going to flake over this little issue of your own miscarriage of responsibility in making sure you have the right information to act on? You would give up all your tenure with Rogers over this? What a pity.
    07-31-08 01:56 AM
    You guys have got to be kidding me. Is there nothing better for you to do than come on here and rip on me about my issue? Really now. Im terribly sorry that my issue irritates the rest of you, but thats how I feel. And yes, I do feel like Rogers is ripping me off when you've got companies like Bell and Telus offering unlimited data packages for a mere 30$, I mean come on.
    07-31-08 03:28 AM
    ^ OMG! Would U just MAN UP & give it a rest. U just want to moan about anything U can. 1st its Rogers fault Ur phone ended up in a puddle; I'm surprised U didn't blame them when U dropped it down the 2 flights of steps U posted elsewhere. Now Ur on a tangent abt the cost of their data.

Fact is, Ur too immature & careless to own a BB or any cell phone for that matter. My goodness! Were U deprived of snacks as a child?

07-31-08 05:21 AM
    Honestly, 6GB of data is a lot. do you see yourself using that much? Despite the fact that telus and bell are giving "unlimited" data for $30, will use be able to use all of it? It just sounds better to your ears. You can't even tether so you won't even dent that amount in a month.

Rogers is offering $30 for 6GB which includes tethering, which is a much better package. If you're being robbed, telus and bell must be pillaging their customers accounts BLIND!
    07-31-08 11:56 AM
    07-31-08 02:09 PM
    As for tethering I heard different things from different reps, some say you can't, some say you can. Others say it uses 2x the data, who really knows...
    07-31-08 04:58 PM
    ^ OMG! Would U just MAN UP & give it a rest. U just want to moan about anything U can. 1st its Rogers fault Ur phone ended up in a puddle; I'm surprised U didn't blame them when U dropped it down the 2 flights of steps U posted elsewhere. Now Ur on a tangent abt the cost of their data.

Fact is, Ur too immature & careless to own a BB or any cell phone for that matter. My goodness! Were U deprived of snacks as a child?

Yes, I am on a tangent about the cost of data. Lol. Robbers.
    07-31-08 04:59 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD