...and their responce this morning, check out this article
    03-31-11 07:38 AM
    It took Facebook about 10 months to reach one million users and to this day most likely adds around 600,000 new users per day.

I would like to point out that Facebook was private to only prestigious colleges at it's birth.
    03-31-11 07:43 AM
    It took Facebook about 10 months to reach one million users and to this day most likely adds around 600,000 new users per day.

I would like to point out that Facebook was private to only prestigious colleges at it's birth.
    I would like to point that their just stating fact and its not about whose ...... is bigger and just about the fact that their are having tremendous success and their weren't ready for it. I respect the fact that they are been straight forward with us and keeping us in the loop. What i wonder though is how are they making money on this?
    03-31-11 12:10 PM
    Here's a direct link to the LiveProfile Blog.
    03-31-11 01:16 PM
    I bet RIM didnt have this problem with BBM with 35+ million users. Out of those LiveProfile users how many actually deleted the app vs keeping it?
    03-31-11 01:37 PM
    I deleted it.
    If you release an app, be prepared for the outcome. Especially after the whole, "oh it's coming out this week! Ohp, not ready yet!"

The developers wasted so much time because they "weren't ready" that further lack of preparation just isn't accepable at this point. If you weren't ready (still) why bother releasing it? The worst kind of app is one that should be great but doesn't function. I don't mean alpha superapp status right out the gate, but the thing should at least work, especially considering all the "bugs" they had to fix every time they were close to "release".
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 03:23 PM
    To be fair, they didn't intend to release it so soon - it got leaked, so they released it since it was out anyway.
    And Hans, Facebook started up pretty slowly - myspace was still the big thing for a long time after FB went public
    03-31-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD