So I called Verizon regarding my upgrade and the Storms release. The representative (who I knew wouldnt have the price or release date.. so I didnt even bother asking him...) tells me I'm eligable for an upgrade June 25th of 2009 (which made me sad as ****.) But he says "However".. with the flexibility of that date and my account.. Instead of upgrading on the 20th month (which would be June of 2009..) I can do it sooner, since I've had my account with them since 1996 (yeah.. long *** time). And sicne I meet the criteria, I can annually get a new phone since my last OFFICIAL upgrade of a phone wasnt since October 25th of 2007..(I bought my blackberry full retail in May.. thank God).. I can have an Early upgrade, with any promo pricing. However if I wait until June of 09.. i'll have the 100$ credit PLUS another $100 credit. But if I do the early upgrade now... I can just have the $100 credit. matters to me minimum.. because I want the phone. So great.. SO SO great. OWWWW.
    10-30-08 11:13 AM
    So I called Verizon regarding my upgrade and the Storms release. The representative (who I knew wouldnt have the price or release date.. so I didnt even bother asking him...) tells me I'm eligable for an upgrade June 25th of 2009 (which made me sad as ****.) But he says "However".. with the flexibility of that date and my account.. Instead of upgrading on the 20th month (which would be June of 2009..) I can do it sooner, since I've had my account with them since 1996 (yeah.. long *** time). And sicne I meet the criteria, I can annually get a new phone since my last OFFICIAL upgrade of a phone wasnt since October 25th of 2007..(I bought my blackberry full retail in May.. thank God).. I can have an Early upgrade, with any promo pricing. However if I wait until June of 09.. i'll have the 100$ credit PLUS another $100 credit. But if I do the early upgrade now... I can just have the $100 credit. matters to me minimum.. because I want the phone. So great.. SO SO great. OWWWW.
    If you have an old phone you do not want, you can participate in the BB trade up program----they have a code "graduate" that will give you an additional $50 back, provided the storm comes out before then. Here is the link

The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home
    10-30-08 11:24 AM
    wait wait.. So I can trade in the curve too, and I get an extra $50 back. And STILL get the discounted price? Oww oww owww.
    10-30-08 11:25 AM
    wait wait.. So I can trade in the curve too, and I get an extra $50 back. And STILL get the discounted price? Oww oww owww.
    I would sell the curve on ebay - you will get more for it (as a matter of fact how much would you want for it?--i know someone who wants one but will have to pay full price) I traded two old razrs---one was broken so they planted a tree and gave me $50 dollars. The other was in good condition so they gave me $20 for it plus the $50.
    10-30-08 11:29 AM
    Trade up program is great, but I wouldn't trade in a curve, you'll get more for it on the open market.
    10-30-08 12:56 PM
    I'd prolly sell my old curve.. with the two cases, and the skin for 180. Reasonalbe. Comes with

-Extra Charger
    - One skin
    - Original Box items (USB, disc, papers, charger)
    - Privacy Screen protector ON device
    - 4gb memory Card
    10-30-08 12:58 PM
    You'll find a buyer for that price.
    10-30-08 01:39 PM
    I'll take it for $180! :0) email me at inspectorgadget *at* cinci.rr.com
    10-30-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD