Hey guys I just got my Tour yesterday. I love the thing except the for LAG and other issues. I have no battery door problem or problems with the trackball, or any hardware issues. But I do have other multiple problems. Like the phone will lag for no reason, it'll go into roaming mode for no reason, the signal strength will drop for no reason, the little hourglass thing pops up for no reason and the phone will lag, or the phone will freeze for like 10 seconds at a time for no reason. I did not come here to complain about the phone but maybe to get some answers and a possible solution? I really would like to keep this phone but if it keeps acting up I might have to take it back and get something else which I don't want to do. Can you guys suggest anything? Thanks!
    11-11-09 07:43 PM
    It's the OS. 4.7.1 blows. OS5 fixes it, but short of that there isn't really a way to fix it.
    11-11-09 07:47 PM
    How do I get OS5? Is it an official OS?
    11-11-09 07:51 PM
    No official os5 for the tour. You'd have to install a leak.
    11-11-09 07:52 PM
    Thank you for your response. Do you think that the OS5 will fix these issues or is this phone always going to have these issues?
    11-11-09 07:57 PM
    Yeah, os5 is significantly better... You can look for the 5.0.0.230 for the Tour in the os beta forum.

If you ever plan on returning the phone or warranty or whatever, you can just flash back to 4.7.1 official.
    11-11-09 07:57 PM
    I'm probably going to take it back and get a Moment. But sprint is telling me I have to pay a $35 restocking fee.
    11-11-09 08:02 PM
    I'm probably going to take it back and get a Moment. But sprint is telling me I have to pay a $35 restocking fee.
    Yep, $35 if you activated the phone already. Probably going to swap my Tour for the Touch Pro 2, although it's expensive...
    11-11-09 08:03 PM
    I'm surprised you have trouble with the Tour. I wonder if the problem is a weak signal/lack of coverage by your carrier. My 9630 on VZW only seems to slow up if I am down to 1 signal strength bar. The 9630 overall is faster than the 8830 I upgraded from. Just a thought... and you can get a better signal strength readout by typing holding down the alt key and typing 'NMLL'. The digital readout doesn't stick upon a phone reboot.
    11-11-09 09:01 PM
    UGH!! I HATED that stupid little black clock of death!!!! That's what happened with Tour #3.. It made the phone completely un-usable. I couldn't use it because that stupid little black clock would pop up everytime I touched a button!

Return it, because those issues are really something that will make it a hassle for you to use the damn thing. That, or wait until an official release of OS-5. (or leak it, but once you do it might void out the warranty <- although I'm not too sure about that..)
    11-12-09 02:47 AM
    I had the same issues. Leaked OS 5 fixed all of them.
    11-19-09 11:05 AM
    OS5 doesn't void the warranty, just flash back to 4.7.1 if you return it, but even if not it doesn't avoid the warranty.
    11-19-09 11:37 AM
    Sometimes when you're in an area of signal fluctuation (1x, 1X, 1xev, 1XEV)..this greatly affects performance and produces lags/delays in functionality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:20 PM
    I've had my Tour about a week and I hate it.. can't get connections... pops into Roaming... emails take forever to receive them... I used to get great connections using my Mogul phone in my office and now I can's talk on it at all in my office on the Tour... I have to walk outside to use my phone, can't get anything by using the browsers.

I think I'll return the Tour and search for a different phone. Any ideas?
    11-26-09 11:23 PM
    Yeah, os5 is significantly better...
    Hardly. I installed .230 and had NOTHING but problems. Several apps don't work on .230; my browser wouldn't work and I therefore couldn't access hotmail directly; I hated threaded SMS--and these are just a few issues for starters.

I rolled back to 4.7.1.57 and have had zero problems since.
    11-26-09 11:43 PM
    Hardly. I installed .230 and had NOTHING but problems. Several apps don't work on .230; my browser wouldn't work and I therefore couldn't access hotmail directly; I hated threaded SMS--and these are just a few issues for starters.

I rolled back to 4.7.1.57 and have had zero problems since.
    Probably because it isn't the official release yet.
    11-28-09 01:24 AM
    I don't think that's the cause of it. I've used other beta versions and pre-release versions without a problem. Version .230, however, was abysmal.
    11-28-09 01:28 AM
    So? Doesn't mean every beta version and/or leaked version is always going to give you the same luck...
    11-28-09 01:32 AM
    I've had my Tour about a week and I hate it.. can't get connections... pops into Roaming... emails take forever to receive them... I used to get great connections using my Mogul phone in my office and now I can's talk on it at all in my office on the Tour... I have to walk outside to use my phone, can't get anything by using the browsers.

I think I'll return the Tour and search for a different phone. Any ideas?
    Your problem isn't the Tour, it is Sprint. If you are roaming, it means that the Sprint reception is poor, whereas Verizon has a good signal.
    11-28-09 01:35 AM
    Yep, He is right.

You're not getting good signal. I mean hey, he's on at&t, he knows the feeling..

Make sure your PRL is up to date.
    11-28-09 01:36 AM
    So? Doesn't mean every beta version and/or leaked version is always going to give you the same luck...
    Never said it would. I just reported that .230 on my Tour didn't work worth a crap.
    11-28-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD