Ok so I bought my first storm 1 about 35 days ago and I have had nuthin but problems since . I am currently on my third replacement and still I'm having problems . So I called Verizon after Mt third replacement and they said they couldn't do anything cuz I bought my storm online with my new every 2 so I only paid 21$ for it after all was said and done . And there are obviously no compareable phones at that price and I def. Don't wanna downgrade . So Verizon wanted me to spend more money to get either a s2 a tour or a curve 2 but I felt like its not my fault the storm sucks well correction every one I got sucked so I posted my Storm on craigslist for 150$ and I had it sold within 15 Mins. So before I met up and sold it I decided to call Verizon for the 100th time . But this time it was to make sure I could add a line and get a new device and I told the rep everything and after a 45 minute hold the rep came back and said she was gonna send a brand new storm 2 to me it would be here on Thursday she was very sorry and this was all gonna be at no cost to me . I was soooooooooooo happy and it made my week . I had talked to atleast a hundred reps since my storm started actin up and none helped me as much as this one so I called her manager and said she was the best rep they had . My storm 2 will be here on Thursday and I can't wait . I jus wanna say thanks to all u crackberry users for helping me .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:27 PM
    You are so lucky
    01-05-10 07:40 PM
    You are so lucky
    I kno thank u . Can't wait for it to get here .

01-05-10 07:56 PM
    I am very happy for you. I am surprised this happened to you because after THREE replacements, they are suppose to offer you another phone at no cost to you and give you 3 phones to choose from. It will act as your upgrade but they are suppose to do this. Glad you got a nice rep cause that is a bum rap that happened to you prior to getting her to assist you.
    01-05-10 08:12 PM
    Moving to verizon forum
    01-06-10 12:19 AM
    Glad you're getting it worked out.

I'm really suprised also.

Keep us posted if it happens again, and what your next experiences are.
    01-06-10 04:14 AM
    but I felt like its not my fault the storm sucks

What were the issues you have had with the Storm? I've had the Storm 1 for over a year now, never replaced.
    01-06-10 07:39 AM
    What were the issues you have had with the Storm? I've had the Storm 1 for over a year now, never replaced.
    Everything .it keeps freezing sometimes I only get half a screen wen going from portrait to landscape . I have to do like atleast 5battery pulls a day .its not like I'm leaving all apps and programs running either . And I only have 5 apps . And 1theme but I no its not the. Cuz I deleted all apps n themes n the phone does this still . I'm running the latest version of the os .

01-06-10 07:49 AM
    I am very happy for you. I am surprised this happened to you because after THREE replacements, they are suppose to offer you another phone at no cost to you and give you 3 phones to choose from. It will act as your upgrade but they are suppose to do this. Glad you got a nice rep cause that is a bum rap that happened to you prior to getting her to assist you.
    So I was suppose to get the storm 2 ? Even tho I payed so little for it ? And they def. Didn't offer me 3 different phones 2 chose from .also THEY DIDN'T TELL ME IT COUNTS AS MY UPGRADE .I guess it doesn't any way cuz I was only a month into my new every 2 . Are u a rep ? How did u get this info ? I I call and say something will they give me 2 other choices ? Thanks every one for ir input ....

01-06-10 07:56 AM
    It appears you will have many of the same problems since your description of your problems were: 1) theme issues, 2) app issues. Since the Storm 2 will not fix these types of errors, and you have not got a clue on the problems, you will be returning the S2 as well.
    01-06-10 08:12 AM
    It appears you will have many of the same problems since your description of your problems were: 1) theme issues, 2) app issues. Since the Storm 2 will not fix these types of errors, and you have not got a clue on the problems, you will be returning the S2 as well.
    Ok so let me get this rite of u read wat I said above I DELETED ALL APPS AND THEMES and the phone still was acting up . I work across the street from a Verizon dealer and the owner of the store has seen all three of the phones acting up ! And as for me not getting phone calls and eberytime I take it out of holster its frozen that's a THEME/APP ISSUE. ? Please read before u start sayin I hve no clue wat I'm talkin about read wat I said b4 u start typeing please .

01-06-10 08:21 AM
    You are not given 3 phones to choose from, you get a replacement after 3 returns of you your previous device.
    Since it is a new phone, I am positive that it will extend your upgrade date, so decide that you want to do that. Because opening the box and activating the phone means you agree to those terms.
    Other then that I hope everything works out for you.
    01-06-10 09:35 AM
    The Storm2 is a better device, from a hardware standpoint, BUT it does sound like most of your issues were software based. Hopefully it will all work out for you.
    01-06-10 10:29 AM
    Glad you're getting it worked out.

I'm really suprised also.

Keep us posted if it happens again, and what your next experiences are.
    Surprised?? This is what is supposed to happen! Poor guy had to go through so many reps that don't know what their doing in order to get treated correctly. Wow.

I'm sure you'll love the Storm 2

01-06-10 12:52 PM
    Surprised?? This is what is supposed to happen! Poor guy had to go through so many reps that don't know what their doing in order to get treated correctly. Wow.

I'm sure you'll love the Storm 2

That's right! Poor guy!

There was probably nothing wrong with any of the phones to begin with.

01-06-10 01:34 PM
    I agree with Wireless Vet. You are just trying to get something for free when you should have just bought the Storm2 in the first place.
    01-06-10 01:44 PM
    Settle down children.
    01-06-10 02:33 PM
    That's right! Poor guy!

There was probably nothing wrong with any of the phones to begin with.

Certainly sounds like the devices had probs! He finally got what he deserved after way too much headache! Reps need to SERVE the customers better apparently.

01-06-10 03:15 PM
    Certainly sounds like the devices had probs! He finally got what he deserved after way too much headache! Reps need to SERVE the customers better apparently.

My device had problems also. I'm on my fourth tour. So what. Verizon resolved my concerns without any drama, which is the way it should be. Walk into a store and say I'm having a problem. They review the issue and say: I'm sorry Mr. I7guy here is a new phone. The last replacement, which was fine was overnighted.

I don't understand why people seem have so many problems dealing with the corporate stores. You get more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    01-06-10 04:32 PM

He obviously was served. Isn't he getting a new Storm 2? What are you complaining about now?
    01-06-10 04:41 PM

Sounds like you have problems too......shut the **** up

01-06-10 05:26 PM

Whatever. this guy screwed the system. Plain and simple.

He said he had problems out of his phone after the 35th day. The storm's issues are well documented, and it is not the darling of vzw anymore, so I doubt anyone told him the phone was a masterpiece.

He wanted a free phone, when honestly, they should have made him pay for a storm2, because he should have gotten his wfg extended. But no, he wants a free phone.

Im wasting my time, since Im sure you didnt even read his post, just chimed in with thoughts that only make sense to yourself, and dont really care what his issues are, as long as you can play message board villain.

You need to get out more
    01-06-10 05:34 PM
    He obviously was served. Isn't he getting a new Storm 2? What are you complaining about now?
    He had to go through way to much BS for the resolution.

01-06-10 05:52 PM
    Sounds like you have problems too......shut the **** up

I have problems? That language is against forum rules! mods?

01-06-10 05:53 PM
    Whatever. this guy screwed the system. Plain and simple.

He said he had problems out of his phone after the 35th day. The storm's issues are well documented, and it is not the darling of vzw anymore, so I doubt anyone told him the phone was a masterpiece.

He wanted a free phone, when honestly, they should have made him pay for a storm2, because he should have gotten his wfg extended. But no, he wants a free phone.

Im wasting my time, since Im sure you didnt even read his post, just chimed in with thoughts that only make sense to yourself, and dont really care what his issues are, as long as you can play message board villain.

You need to get out more
    I did read all the OPs posts. He had valid issues with the phone and he shouldn't have had to go through all that to get what he deserved. Simple. There was no screwing of the system.

01-06-10 05:55 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD