Hello all, maybe most of you didnt use that feature since we can do it all from the BB, but I had some people from overseas go to sprint.com and to bottom right you could go into sms messaging and send sms to any sprintuser - well now they removed that guest option since in order to send one you have to log in
    well, the @messaging.sprintpcs.com worked perfect but it has to be done by email, do you guys know any website just where you enter the phone# and message and just send

thanks
    11-19-09 05:08 PM
    11-19-09 05:22 PM
    thanks Sandy

Tried the txt2day and it looks ok, but apparently it delays the message since they have access to it
    i dont use yahoo, and i was reading msn has that service too but the account who is sending the message has to be registered in the US
    11-20-09 10:22 AM
    .................. do you guys know any website just where you enter the phone# and message and just send

thanks
    txd2day or yahoo both work for text messaging

Sandy
    The yahoo sms doesn't have a delay, and it meets your criteria (free + website).

i dont use yahoo,
    Do you mean you want a free website, that you already have an account with? Or are you unable to and / or unwilling to create a new login to use the feature you're requesting?
    Last edited by monkeee2002; 11-20-09 at 11:36 AM.
    11-20-09 11:34 AM
    Um, why not just use Sprint's own website? Zipwhip

3jam also has a free text interface that you can run on your computer.
    11-20-09 04:37 PM
    This is all we got from Sprint today for Tech reps. Trust me this change hurts some tech steps we use which sucks.

Due to a change at Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint we can no longer send anonymous text messages from our site. It now states that you have to sign in to prevent our customers from receiving anonymous unwanted texts. So, in an effort to continue doing what we do best please:

1. Ask for the customer’s permission to login into their MySprint and send a test text message.
    2. See KMS: BMG Tool Overview (CDMA) | Technical Support
    3. If you need to send a URL, use Metcalf. See KMS: Metcalf Intercarrier Messaging Tool Overview | Technical Support
    11-20-09 04:44 PM
    The yahoo sms doesn't have a delay, and it meets your criteria (free + website).
    Do you mean you want a free website, that you already have an account with? Or are you unable to and / or unwilling to create a new login to use the feature you're requesting?
    Yes, a website like the old sprint-com where you just enter the number, message and sent without any logins or accounts needed
    yahoo and msn have the service, but not trough the website but instead from the messenger

Um, why not just use Sprint's own website? Zipwhip
    3jam also has a free text interface that you can run on your computer.
    3jam looks good, but not what I'm looking for, if you go to the link you gave, it requires for you to login with your account, before, anyone from anywhere could enter your number and send you a message

I sent my self a msg 30 mins ago from txt2day and still waiting for it

thanks all for replying, hopefully we could find one
    11-20-09 05:36 PM
    Yes, a website like the old sprint-com where you just enter the number, message and sent without any logins or accounts needed
    yahoo and msn have the service, but not trough the website but instead from the messenger
    Ah, my mistake. So you want:
    1) web-based
    2) free
    3) anonymous

Maybe you should be looking here.
    11-20-09 07:26 PM
    Ah, my mistake. So you want:
    1) web-based
    2) free
    3) anonymous

Maybe you should be looking here.
    haha i dont have time for stalking, my issue is business related but from overseas -southamerica- and the best way to send me details were sms throuh sprint which now requires account - if you go to https://text.vzw.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp they do to have that service, I sent an email requestiong sprint at least to have some other type sms like that
    11-21-09 09:11 AM
    Dear Gman,
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to text messaging service on our website.
    Earlier all the users were able to send Text Messages from Sprint.com without being online. Effective November 20, 2009 a change has been made to this service. In order to send a Text Message from the Web site user is required to first log onto the on-line account. We are receiving lot of feedback from our valuable customers like you to resume the old text messaging service.
    We are working on all the suggestions received and considering all the situations we might resume the old option. Please keep checking our website for the latest information regarding this service. If you have another question or need additional assistance, please replyto this email.
    Thank you again for contacting Sprint.
    Sincerely,
    Adrian S.
    Sprint
    One swallow does not make a summer, but a couple of dozen sh*t a lot
    11-21-09 09:23 AM
    Just out of curiosity why would one w/a phone need that functionality on the Sprint site? Who are you annonymously texting?

BTW...it's still annonymous from w/in your acct if you're logged in. I had a customer call in complaining the other day. So for sh*ts and giggles I logged into my acct and text myself from the online text option and it came to me from 9066 that's all it said not my name, #, or anything of the sorts.
    11-22-09 12:34 AM
    haha i dont have time for stalking, my issue is business related but from overseas -southamerica- and the best way to send me details were sms throuh sprint which now requires account - if you go to https://text.vzw.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp they do to have that service, I sent an email requestiong sprint at least to have some other type sms like that
    The "individuals" that you do business with have access to anonymous SMS texting via computer but not to email?
    11-22-09 01:42 AM
    Ah yes, the good old anonymous business contacts. Saves a ton of money on business cards when no one knows who anyone else is, doesn't it!
    I bet it gets confusing though, when everyone knows everyone else as "that guy".
    But then again, maybe you can get all of your "business contacts" to change their business email accounts to anonymous. I'm sure they'd be able to send an email, if they can get to a website to send an anonymous sms.

Unless you're worried about homeland security tracking your messages. Are you smuggling drugs or weapons into the united states? Are you part of a terrorist cell?

Hmm... I wonder how many key word it takes to get Homeland Security to take a look at what you're doing, and why anonymity is so vital in a "business relationship".

Happy Holidays
    11-22-09 02:07 AM

Dear Gman,
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to text messaging service on our website.
    We are working on all the suggestions received and considering all the situations we might resume the old option. ]Please keep checking our website for the latest information regarding this service. If you have another question or need additional assistance, please replyto this email.
    Thank you again for contacting Sprint.
    Sincerely,
    Adrian S.
    Sprint

One swallow does not make a summer, but a couple of dozen sh*t a lot
    That sounds a lot like 'legalese' for "Yeah, hold your breath buddy, and we'll get right on that"
    11-22-09 02:12 AM
    oh man haha, I guess the topic took a wrong turn, I never said whoever sends the message has to be anonymous! haha I just need a freaking website to send ME information via sms to MY cellphone
    I'm pretty sure all the sms, emails and any other kind of data related is monitored so the last of my worries is the goverment reading on my quotes or prices

Yeah, I think too that is an answer telling me to sit and wait, but that service was good even though you guys dont think so
    11-22-09 07:13 PM
    Again, use email.
    11-22-09 07:27 PM
    I don't get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:21 PM
    Nothing still on sprint, and let me tell you, whenever you send a sms trough email, the usual 160 characters are shorten to 125 tops, maybe the subject space takes the other even if you don't enter any subject
    11-28-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD