I have a bb9000 and an the unlimeted personal data plan with 200 sms. I picked up a 3GS today and added a custom apn setting to use my bb data plan on the 3gs. all is good. E-mail works, web works, downloading works. Only thing that doesn't work is SMS. Any reason why this wouldn't work? Can't use the 3GS without SMS and don't want to switch to the iphone data plan because then I can't use my blackberry which I need for work.

I need to be able to switch back and forth between the bb and iphone on a regular basis.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. thanks again.

Dan
    01-31-10 07:45 PM
    Settings - General - reset - Network settings.

There's no need to do anything but put the sim in the Iphone. BB data will work with iphone but iphone data doesn't work with BB. Resetting the network settings should make it work.
    01-31-10 09:08 PM
    alternatively, sometimes the message center number is incorrect in the device. I can only speak of my areas message center numbers, but if you contact customer service you can request a different message center number for your area. this usually (95%) fixes sms not sending issues.
    02-02-10 03:44 PM
    can the iphone get sms messages????
    02-08-10 01:21 PM
    can the iphone get sms messages????
    uhh...yeah. as long as it's the 3G or 3GS
    02-09-10 02:45 PM
    I think he meant MMS? EVERY iPhone can get SMS, just the 3G and 3GS get MMS.
    02-19-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD