I ordered the Incredible on 5/25/10 and they told me it would be about 2 weeks for it to be shipped. I was at a local Verizon store and they asked if I wanted to sign up for their workshop for people to learn how to use their phones. So I just want to know if anyone has done this and if they did benefit from it? The class I'm taking is on 6/13/10 and hopefully the phone will be here by then!
    05-31-10 02:08 PM
    I actually host one of these classes fairly regularly. For someone that has never used a smartphone before, they can be quite beneficial. When teaching the class, I generally cover such topics as email configuration, using your device with company servers, contact management/CRM, visual voicemail and a general overview of available apps. I have found that the seminars I offer for smartphone users have a direct impact on customer satisfaction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 02:20 PM
    Good to know, I'm planning to attend. It will probably save me a lot if calls to technical support!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:50 PM
    Since you are changing platforms the class should be helpful, but really you are just going to have to go through an adjustment period. You will need to "unlearn" the blackberry way of doing thing, and learn the android way, BUT you will adjust. And if not, we will welcome you back. Have you check out the Android section here? And our sister site, Android Central? http://www.androidcentral.com/
    05-31-10 09:15 PM
    the classes are great I highly recommend them. They weren't around when I sold wireless and you will learn a lot. I think it is great Verizon offers these also on BB as well.....
    05-31-10 09:49 PM
    When i host them i try to go with a Q&A approach. I email the attendees ahead of time and tell them to prepare a few specific things they need to go over. Thats seems to be more beneficial to them instead of going over things that really wont help them be productive.
    06-01-10 09:43 AM
    Here are a couple of good sites.

Sign for workshops

This is HTC support site - this area is for the Incredible and helped find a lot of stuff that is not supported by VZW. got my wife up and running in no time.
    06-01-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD