the iphone has not even launched on V yet , and already the gloom and doom is out, what gives? HATERS!

Verizon iPhone, LTE Androids: Dark Clouds Ahead for RIM's BlackBerry? | ZDNet

Last edited by tcseacliff; 01-11-11 at 05:32 PM. Reason: another link
    01-11-11 05:28 PM
    the iphone has not even launched on V yet , and already the gloom and doom is out, what gives? HATERS!

Verizon iPhone, LTE Androids: Dark Clouds Ahead for RIM's BlackBerry? | ZDNet
    I hate to break it to you, but it has been doom and gloom (your words) at Big Red in regards to RIM for quite some time now.
    01-11-11 05:34 PM
    I know the history, just thought this was a bit premature. seems that they like to bash blackberry without even giving things a chance to iron out. jest found it interesting that's all, but not totally shocked, i guess
    01-11-11 05:40 PM
    I'm with you in general about all the drama over iphones, android, and on and on and on and on. Who cares??? If people enjoy their BBs, great! If not, great! Jeesh, it's gotten tiring and worn out. I'm on these board to learn from smart folks about the BB that I enjoy using, but now it's impossible to avoid the continuum of bashing, complaining, hating, worrying and whining. Makes it seem more like a forum board on politics rather than personal electronics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 07:22 PM
    While there is no denying that a CDMA version of the iPhone will hurt RIM's bottom line, there will always be a place for BlackBerry. I've owned a 3G and an i4, both are very nice, but as a communication device, RIM still tops the list.
    01-11-11 07:34 PM
    agreed ! for all the glitz and glamor and missing apps RIM has , at the end of the day, we love our blackberries,despite the "glaring Omissions" of the OS, behind the times apps, no amoled screens, underpowered processing. I have not had many problems with AT&T. let's just give rim our support and feedback, I am sure they read these blogs too! I really don't care what Verizon does with the iphone. it will free up some band with for us though when the iphone users move to the V, I for one will gain.

ps. hey pilsbury, forgot to ask, how does a CDMA iphone hurt RIM"S bottom line??
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 01-11-11 at 07:45 PM.
    01-11-11 07:43 PM
    [QUOTE=tcseacliff;5944948]

ps. hey pilsbury, forgot to ask, how does a CDMA iphone hurt RIM"S bottom line??

Verizon carries Blackberry. How many people who would have bought a Berry on VZW, will instead buy an iPhone? The numbers will be significant, and the first month's sales of a VZW iPhone will rival if not exceed AT&T's first month of selling the i4. It would have to cut into RIMS sales.
    01-11-11 09:17 PM
    that is no worry for RIM really. they weathered the storm when the i phone was launched on AT&T and have weathered 3g,4g, and soon the i phone 5. the i phone will affect everyone's bottom line. I just hope RIM has some upgrades in the wings to answer back. the torch with the OS 6 I have now is encouraging.
    01-11-11 09:24 PM
    there is no iphone 4G...
    01-11-11 09:30 PM
    meant i phone4 . i thought the last release was called the 4g. my bad. I own a berry!
    01-11-11 09:33 PM
    that is no worry for RIM really. they weathered the storm when the i phone was launched on AT&T and have weathered 3g,4g, and soon the i phone 5. the i phone will affect everyone's bottom line. I just hope RIM has some upgrades in the wings to answer back. the torch with the OS 6 I have now is encouraging.
    They've weathered alright. Oops. Meant to say withered.

01-11-11 09:33 PM
    [QUOTE=hootyhoo;5945287]They've weathered alright. Oops. Meant to say withered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

That is so funny.
    01-11-11 09:37 PM
    I bet that when smartphone market share for the coming summer gets analyzed, we'll see the android and iOS is battling for the lead, with BB taking 3rd place. Even that doesn't mean death to RIM though. It will make RIM work even harder though.
    Remember that the gloom and doom prediction is based on market share, not subscribers. The smarphone market is growing, and RIM is continuing to increase their subscriber base. Android is getting a higher percentage of new subcribers tho, which explains the decrease in share for RIM.
    If I add a room to my house and the guy across the street adds a wing, that doesn't mean I'm going bankrupt.

Last edited by skyboxer; 01-12-11 at 04:13 AM.
    01-12-11 03:42 AM
    When we say RIM is dead we dont mean disappear we mean they will be non relevant to the smart phone market.

But they will be dino soon Nobody wont be thinking of rim.
    01-12-11 02:06 PM
    I'm with you in general about all the drama over iphones, android, and on and on and on and on. Who cares??? If people enjoy their BBs, great! If not, great! Jeesh, it's gotten tiring and worn out. I'm on these board to learn from smart folks about the BB that I enjoy using, but now it's impossible to avoid the continuum of bashing, complaining, hating, worrying and whining. Makes it seem more like a forum board on politics rather than personal electronics.

Ditto that!!!!!!! What ever happened to the [more mature] days when people would just talk about the differences in the things they owned without launching into the 'my device is better than your device - neener, neener, neener!'?
    My husband has an iphone & guess what? He just recently bought a BB because he had so much difficulty using it for business. Each of the products come with their own set of pros & cons. Why not just leave it at that?
    I just turned in my BB Curve for the Torch. In red! Woot!
    01-20-11 08:54 AM
    I'm going to laugh when all these little Iphone lovers run out to get the iphone as soon as its relased on VZ and they come out with the iphone 5 (as rumored) in the summer!
    01-20-11 10:38 AM
    It'll be interesting to see how that speed changes once everybody any there mother jumps ship to join Verizon, and bogs the network down. Lets remember when the original iPhone came out on AT&T.
    01-20-11 12:20 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how that speed changes once everybody any there mother jumps ship to join Verizon, and bogs the network down. Lets remember when the original iPhone came out on AT&T.
    ^^ I wondered about the same thing. You might like reading this thread -- has some good points made in it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/wil...reless-561332/
    01-20-11 02:11 PM
    Blackberry has some catching up to do, but there is some stuff in the works. How soon is a good question, but there are some new RIM devices coming
    01-20-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD