hey i got a new sim card from a friend and im pretty sure on the package it said pay as you go. currently i have a plan with rogers (contract not pay as you go) can i activate this sim card on my cotnract plan if i lose my current sim, or does it only work for pay as you go accounts?
    01-31-10 02:59 PM
    don't quote me but i believe you can But it will cost you 35 for an "activation fee" to switch it from pre paid to your contract... so really it would be about the same just to get a new sim
    01-31-10 03:19 PM
    First off, how in the heck would you lose your SIM card?

Secondly, why even bother? Rogers would give you a SIM card anyways.

And finally, pay as you go SIM are provisioned for pay as you go accounts but can be used on regular accounts, you just need Rogers to provision it correctly.
    01-31-10 03:21 PM
    the sim card i got from my friend is a 3040 sim card which lets phones from other carriers work with 3g on rogers,(the 9700 im getting is unlocked) so i need to activate that 3040 one for 3g calls and sms to work. are u sure u have to pay a fee?
    Last edited by jaimbot; 01-31-10 at 03:25 PM.
    01-31-10 03:23 PM
    the sim card i got from my friend is a 3040 sim card which lets phones from other carriers work with 3g on rogers,(the 9700 im getting is unlocked) so i need to activate that 3040 one for 3g calls and sms to work. are u sure u have to pay a fee?
    No, you don't have to pay to change your sim card. I used to do it for customers all the time when they lost their phone or needed to upgrade a sim card. The only time you pay $35 is when you need to PURCHASE a sim card (which you don't need to do, clearly)
    01-31-10 03:42 PM
    thanks that is what i thought
    01-31-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD