I have been a Verizon customer for many years. I have 5 phones on my plan with 2 of those being blackberries. The only internet I have is tethering to my Storm1. I live in a rural community. Up until early last summer I normally had at least 3 bars and could talk anytime on my phones. I have one tower about 1 mile from my house and a second tower that is about 6 miles. I am up high so I got good coverage. A third tower went online last summer about 3 miles in the opposite direction. Since that time my strength has slowly but steadily decreased. I now drop 75% of my calls.

I have called Verizon twice to complain. I was first told that service in my area was not available. A statement I knew from 10+ years of service not to be true. She agreed to run the ticket again. This time I was told that the growth of Verizon customers in my area was unexpected and the current towers could not handle the volumn when everyone was on. Also told there were no plans in the next 5 years to fix the problem.

Because I am experiencing bad service I was told that I could opt out of my contract on all phones. Sounds reasonable but Verizon is the only carrier that will pick up at all in this area. I am looking for options. Any ideas from you guys?
    02-03-10 03:52 PM
    Your best bet would be to purchase a signal extender. I believe Wilson electronics offers some decent ones. First thing to do though is get one that works with the frequencies that vzw uses in your area(850?/1900?). Even though you may have line of sight to the towers, this equipment should help with your signal issues.
    02-03-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD