Ok so i'm planning to get my first BB in a couple of days with telus...and was given a pretty sweet deal for it as well for the 2 others phones on our line (plan wise)

anyways I'm planning on getting the curve 8330 since its 0$ with a 3 year plan...I was just wondering...if telus is ever going to get the 85xx models cus I saw them at rogers and i would really like one...

Also...if ever i decide to stick with the 8330 and telus gets the 85xx model...would i be able to upgrade my BB at a discounted price??

Thanks!
    12-03-09 08:49 PM
    Ok so i'm planning to get my first BB in a couple of days with telus...and was given a pretty sweet deal for it as well for the 2 others phones on our line (plan wise)

anyways I'm planning on getting the curve 8330 since its 0$ with a 3 year plan...I was just wondering...if telus is ever going to get the 85xx models cus I saw them at rogers and i would really like one...

Also...if ever i decide to stick with the 8330 and telus gets the 85xx model...would i be able to upgrade my BB at a discounted price??

Thanks!
    **** the 8330 lol i know its free but get the new bold ita the best bb out how ever its far from free lol
    12-03-09 08:59 PM
    yeah i know the 8330 is old but its free as you said...
    I would love the bold but its a little to expensive for me at the moment...
    12-03-09 09:14 PM
    I think you will regret locking into a 3 year term for a free 8330. The phone is pretty dated and Telus will be getting quite a few blackberrys this year, I would wait. They will be getting some sort or curve (8500 or 8900 CDMA and or GSM version) If you need a phone right now, I would suggest going to rogers and getting the 9700, 8900 or 8500.

If you wanted to upgrade your BB with Telus, they will give you a $200 discount after your 12th month on a 3 year plan with data.

Hope this helps
    12-03-09 11:09 PM
    you could wait for tour2 coming, and the bold2 price gose down, then you can buy it. it's not a good idea to buy a old BB.
    12-04-09 01:15 AM
    Thanks for the replies...well i don't mind the 3 year contract...since i've been with them on contract for a couple of years and i've never had any problems...plus they gave me a pretty good deal with their retention plan offer...

But i think i'm gonna stick with the 8330 since its free and its fine for what i need since its my first BB..plus on contract i get the 2 other phones i need for free too...

Also I'm assuming that what you mean by waiting 12 months is for me to be eligible for the HUP with telus right?
    12-04-09 11:31 AM
    ohhh and also..do you know how soon Telus will be getting the 85xx pr 89xx curve models...
    12-04-09 11:32 AM
    well if this is your first blackberry, i would go with the 8330. I have one and I really like it, it does everyhting i need and I get awesome service! No matter what you end up getting, theres always something better coming out, just get what makes you happy!
    12-04-09 07:58 PM
    Okay, you say this is your first bb and you'll be ok with the 8330. You will be for the first few months, you will be so amazed at what it can do, and what you can do with it. But then as time passes, you start thinking about the newer, better bb's and how you wish you had just waited or gotten the better one in the first place, on the contract price, because now I really can't afford the newer one, but I really want it! Save yourself the pain and anguish, spend the extra now and get the newest, get the 9700!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 08:17 PM
    I'm reminded of my last girlfriend - zing!

Nonetheless, Smurfy71 is right - you'll get more into the BlackBerry scene, get a taste for the device and what it can do, and want the latest and greatest.
    12-05-09 02:05 AM
    You'd want to have a BB with wifi capabilitu, which the $0 one does not have. On wifi it won,t use up yoir data plan alotment.

I love my bold 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 03:27 AM
    I think you will regret locking into a 3 year term for a free 8330. The phone is pretty dated and Telus will be getting quite a few blackberrys this year, I would wait. They will be getting some sort or curve (8500 or 8900 CDMA and or GSM version) If you need a phone right now, I would suggest going to rogers and getting the 9700, 8900 or 8500.

If you wanted to upgrade your BB with Telus, they will give you a $200 discount after your 12th month on a 3 year plan with data.

Hope this helps
    Is this a standard thing, the $200 discount on an upgrade after 12 months? I'm coming up on my 12 months and looking to upgrade to something trackball-less, would they still give me the discount ?
    12-05-09 06:57 PM
    Wait it out and get a better blackberry. I got an 8330 in april of this year and I have already upgraded phones.
    12-06-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD