Can you get the simply everything plan with a BB on Sprint?
    Yes you can get the SEP with a Blackberry. I have it.
    07-24-08 08:34 AM
    Yes you can get the SEP with a Blackberry. I have it.
    That seems like a really good deal.
    07-24-08 06:23 PM
    I left Verizon for Tmobile, have been much happier and have a much lower bill.
    07-24-08 06:53 PM
    You know despite what people are saying here Sprint is actually pretty good. I have been with Sprint for a VERY long time. I've had Cingular/AT&T and VZW but not TMo and they all have their faults. There is no "one" perfect carrier. I do agree with the posts about going with what works. If you don't get service then the phone is useless. Price/Opinion aside go with functionality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 07:10 PM
    I ALWAYS say- The people who bytch the most about Sprint or any carrier for that matter, are the same people who couldnt get what they wanted, so they threw a hissy fit and bounced.

You think that by calling up another carrier and telling them about your misadventure, that your call moved them enough to treat you like a king or queen? Guess what- they did what they get paid to do. Their job is to get new customers. Was the new carrier supposed to turn you away?

See, a mad/disgruntled/p!ssed off potential new customer is just what that company is looking for. You think you've been rescued by the new carrier and while their rubbing your back and apologizing for what your former carrier did, they're doing so with a smile; YOU GAVE THEM MONEY!!

07-24-08 07:20 PM
    I agree, stay with Verizon. I love their coverage, especially in rural areas like, woods, on the lake, etc. My phone always works for me...
    07-24-08 07:25 PM
    Chose whatever carrier is best for you. I like T-Mobile's coverage & the price is right.
    07-24-08 07:27 PM
    I ALWAYS say- The people who bytch the most about Sprint or any carrier for that matter, are the same people who couldnt get what they wanted, so they threw a hissy fit and bounced.

You think that by calling up another carrier and telling them about your misadventure, that your call moved them enough to treat you like a king or queen? Guess what- they did what they get paid to do. Their job is to get new customers. Was the new carrier supposed to turn you away?

See, a mad/disgruntled/p!ssed off potential new customer is just what that company is looking for. You think you've been rescued by the new carrier and while their rubbing your back and apologizing for what your former carrier did, they're doing so with a smile; YOU GAVE THEM MONEY!!

Yes some ppl throw hissy fits, however..

I hope you don't think thats why all people leave a carrier...We had sprint for 2 yrs, spotty service, mediocre customer svc at best, crappy phones that don't work more than 6 mos.. And then to top it off A rep nosed thru some of our other utility accounts, violating the federal privacy act and stole money off my bank card..I guess you could damn well say I threw a hissy fit after finding my money missing...I referred several friends and family to sprint, they all have 1 yr left, they will be coming to VZW after their contracts are up.
    07-24-08 08:04 PM
    IDK about other people, but all I asked Sprint for was a bill that wasn't screwed up. Lol, I guess it was to much to ask. <sigh>

07-24-08 08:14 PM
    When I first got a cell 8 yrs ago Sprint was the only one with a national plan so being a truck driver that is what I went with. After 7 mos of trying to get them to credit my account for the 1st mos payment that I paid by MO, after numerous phone calls and threats of bodily harm(ok so they were only thoughts....but if they knew what I was thinking they wouldn't have been screwing me around). I finally switched to verizon and haven't looked back. It is a bit pricier ( I pay $180 or so a month with everything) but the customer service is the best. I have pretty much have signal anywhere in the country......except those few pesky places they haven't put towers yet.
    07-28-08 10:41 AM
    sprint service is almost the worst in American history. They may go bankrupt! Stick with verizon its like comparing a Bentley to a ford, it never will make sense!
    I've had every carrier almost and Sprint is by far the absolute worst in customer service and reception...BUT they have cool phones and stuff. That's about it.

When you switch to sprint, make sure you don't call them more than a few times, as they tend to drop people based on how many times you call into customer service....That is of course, if you actually get through to a live human being.

Sprint is hurting for customers. Look, my friend wanted to get a cellphone and he doesn't have the best credit. Most carriers wanted like a $500 deposit per line. He told me he went to sprint because they only wanted $150 per line.

It's all there. Read between the lines. They are hurting and they will do anything to get business -- except maintain their crappy network.

From JDPOWERS:

Sprint
    - Wireless Customer Care Ratings - 2 of 5 stars
    - Wireless Call Quality Ratings - 2 of 5 stars
    - Wireless Service Ratings - 2 of 5 stars

(That's sad)

Anyway, good luck with your choice either way.

(p.s. sprint and att are major hubs, sprint won't go out of business, they'll just get bought out)
    07-29-08 09:45 AM
    I am sure some people do this, but not all. I left sprint because I need more fingers so I could count how many times I would drop a call during my 10 mile drive to work, and I am in a large metro area. I stay with a company that offers good service and great customer service, and Sprint did not offer any of that. I paid my ETF so I could get rid of their horrible service.

Now my time with Sprint ended just prior to them merging with Nextel, so I don't know if the their horrible service became more horrible or better and I could care less as Verizon is treating me great so no reason to look.
    Last edited by ok4a56; 07-29-08 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added more info
    07-29-08 03:32 PM
    Sprint is MUCH cheaper, especially if you want to have two BB's on one plan. It is mostly the cost, as I am not 100% unhappy with Verizon. I just don't like the fact that they take forever to get new phones, cost more, and put crappy software on their phones.

I have another year before my contract runs out and do not currently have a BB but thinking about switching.

Thoughts?
    I now pay just over $200.00 a month for my cell phone service ( 5 phones) and for that money I expect service, that is why I pay more for Verizon and one big reason I left sprint.

I see you are in North Carolina, my Sister-In-Law who lives in the Hickory area and she had Sprint for about 3 months before she paid the ETF and changed to Verizon. I could remember her calling me 6 or 7 times to hold a 5 minute conversation due to the dropped calls.
    07-29-08 03:38 PM
    I think everyone should stay with the company they can afford and who provides the best services for them! All of them have a trial period, so there is nothing that should prevent you from trying them out and deciding for yourself.

Threads like this bring everybody out of the woodwork talking about what THEY get, and that doesnt mean you'll get the same; whether its pricing, coverage or the same customer service.

I'm happy with Sprint. I've had coverage on the East/West coast and middle America. I dont feel the need to call customer service once a week and spend an hour talking them into giving me what someone else may be getting.
    07-29-08 05:55 PM
    That's correct. Everyone can have different situations with different providers. For example, a great company can f*** with someone bad and turn them off the company.

However, based on user reviews and professional organizations that survey people, we all know which carriers are bad and which are ok and which are good.

I know which carriers are "bad", consistently over and over again. I don't want someone else to make the same mistake.

MY 2 CENTS....D
    07-30-08 09:00 AM
    If I went by the general concensus, then I am removing from myself the ability to have my own thoughts. I stay with Sprint based on my experience throughout the 10 ys I've been with them. I'm not here to talk anyone in/out of any company.

Like I said, we all share diff experiences- some good, some bad but your bad is not my reflection.

That's correct. Everyone can have different situations with different providers. For example, a great company can f*** with someone bad and turn them off the company.

However, based on user reviews and professional organizations that survey people, we all know which carriers are bad and which are ok and which are good.

I know which carriers are "bad", consistently over and over again. I don't want someone else to make the same mistake.

MY 2 CENTS....D
    07-30-08 09:16 AM
    I switched to Verizon from Sprint/Nextel because of the customer service and the coverage area just like everyone else that has posted. My mom has sprint and I borrowed her phone to see if it worked better than my nextel did in my house and I had worse coverage. I made the switch and I have full service sitting in my house and where ever I go.

07-30-08 09:17 AM
    True you should go for whichever carrier has the best reception.

Out of everybody I know, only one person raves about Sprint because of their Simply Everything plan.

Everyone else has VZW, ATT, TMo, and even Helio...

You might regret it later when you try to cut corners just to save a few dollars a month.
    07-30-08 09:25 AM
    So is walmart....walmart cheaper too

(p.s. i don't shop there)
    07-30-08 09:27 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD