Well i dropped my blackberry in coke and everything works but the screen is a little spotted. i could deal with this for a couple months but no longer than that. my only concern is when alltel will switch to at&t. if its soon i'll just wait and get a new phone then but if its gonna be a year or so ill just buy another phone straight up...

what do you guys think?

p.s.-anyway to make the droid work with alltel?
    12-09-09 10:00 PM
    Put insurance on it and pay the 50 bucks to get another one. Then your not tied up on another contract and your not paying full price. For a new one. Its the cheap way out and as long as it can still make phone calls its a no questions asked thing. At least when ever I've done it anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:54 PM
    coke is the worst thing ever.

it wont hurt your phone for a week or so. but once that sugar dries and starts breaking down then the contacts in your phone will start to get brittle and break away.

just my .02 cents
    12-09-09 11:58 PM
    The OP can put insurance on it... but won't be able to make an insurance claim for 45 days. At least that's what an Alltel rep told me when I put insurance on my phone a few months after I had started my account.
    12-12-09 10:38 PM
    Get the new phone, once they swith over to AT&T you will be given an option to buy a new phone cause AllSmel and AT&T phones operate of different radio frequencies. Once they do Change over to AT&T your contract will probably be expired and will need to get a NEW PHONE again after the transition, and they say it could take upto 2 year to be fully complete cause AT&T will hafta convert all the AllSmel towers to GSM technology...
    01-23-10 02:13 PM
    So there is all this talk about the Tour2 being released for Verizon soon. If we Alltels are not yet divested (e.g. to AT&T here) , can we buy a Tour 2 from Verizon now and get it activated at Alltel? Just wondering as trying to figure out how to get a Tour 2..assuming it comes out soon.
    02-03-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD