Hi Guys,

Okay here's the scenario. I'm posting this because I wanna know if I am being reasonable or not. I'm in Malaysia, and our local biggest local carrier, Maxis had exclusive rights to the Z10 for a month at launch on 9th March 2013. At launch only the STL100-1 was launched, and I remember being told that there was no plans for LTE version in Malaysia.

A couple of months back, once all the carriers started carrying the STL100-1, one of them brought in the STL100-2. I had the initial impulse of wanting to switch over, but of course since I took up a 2 year contract under "Maxis One Club" (which is for customers who spend X amt for at least a year) at a special rate, I thought perhaps Maxis did not have LTE for Z10, which was alright, since at launch it was conveyed no plans to support

This evening, I saw on their site that they were offering the STL100-2, at a lower price and not even on the premier package, it was on all packages (meaning users who pick up the Z10 now, pay a lesser monthly commitment, lower price for device upfront and get LTE). So I hosted a live chat with their customer service and of course was told that it was not possible, and was also told that I would not be getting an official response on that either.

Just wanted to know, in other parts of the world. Are they such cases? If so, is my argument valid to pursue. I'm guessing not many places would have such cases cause most would have the STL100-2 at launch. Nevertheless, need some advice.
    08-02-13 07:09 AM
    unfortunetly it wont happen. It's like here in canada, Rogers brought LTE to Manitoba after 2 years of promising it, and Rogers pushed the LG Optimus G hard in MB for being the first ever 2600MHz LTE Phone. Well needless to say, two years later, Rogers only brought the 2100MHz LTE Spectrum to MB, and screwed over all LG Optimus G owners as they couldn't get LTE.
    08-02-13 08:24 AM
    Yup bro same with you here,one of the first adopters z10 in malaysia and get the stl 01 buy out right Rm 2188,i feels your pain too...

Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4687
    08-02-13 08:29 AM
    Owh well, as unfair as it seems guess it is something to live with for now.

The consolation here is that Malaysia is not covered much with LTE anyway, very few places have it but it would be nice to have whenever available.

But I'm guessing battery drain on LTE would be considerably heavier too?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    08-03-13 05:09 AM
    This was precisely what was mentioned in my earlier post where telcos taking us for a ride. I was almost sucked in to be early adopters but choose to hold back as it was not LTE enable. When Q10 was launched it was LTE ready and got it. Running on LTE where I am at most and battery last me for the full day with no issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 03:53 AM
    Glad that worked out for you, maybe should have waited but was told that it would not be arriving. Well things change and we move on. It's only LTE *trying to see the funny side of it*
    08-29-13 11:32 PM