Shots Fired?-img_20140219_124116.png
    This can't be good for us BlackBerry users on Tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    MazoMark likes this.
    02-19-14 02:42 PM
    Ouch.

But nice burn, Legere. Well played.
    02-19-14 02:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140219_124116.png 
Views:	2948 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	249366
    This can't be good for us BlackBerry users on Tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    That can't be real, can it?
    02-19-14 02:47 PM
    Sorry Mr. Legere, but Mr. Chen is currently too busy actually running a company to socialize on Twitter.
    02-19-14 02:47 PM
    That can't be real, can it?
    He does have a twitter account. Usually it's reserved for zingers at AT&T, and recently, Verizon. But I guess he's found a new (recent) target.
    02-19-14 02:48 PM
    Probably means no 10.2.1 update for Tmo users and they are dropping the support all together.
    02-19-14 02:50 PM
    OP, it is real... I was hoping that it wasn't.

He followed with this: https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...38822712836096

While I agree that the corporate communications should have been maintained through, well, corporate channels, I do not like (what i consider to be) the MySpace swipe. Yes, Tmo's biggest concern is its customers with regards to profitability, but the digs are silly.

Seems clear that Tmo is willing to let BBRY devices go.
    app_Developer, Elite1 and raino like this.
    02-19-14 02:52 PM
    He does have a twitter account. Usually it's reserved for zingers at AT&T, and recently, Verizon. But I guess he's found a new (recent) target.
    I know the guy is outspoken and fairly atypical, but the MySpace jab is a bit untoward IMHO.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-14 02:53 PM
    All of a sudden, T-Mobile sounds like a very unstable company run by an unstable person.
    02-19-14 02:54 PM
    I know the guy is outspoken and fairly atypical, but the MySpace jab is a bit untoward IMHO.
    I see what you mean. I was reading it as a personal jab at Chen, not at BlackBerry. Plus, the last sentence kinda gave me hope. But the second tweet sounds more...ominous.
    02-19-14 02:55 PM
    I see what you mean. I was reading it as a personal jab at Chen, not at BlackBerry. Plus, the last sentence kinda gave me hope. But the second tweet sounds more...ominous.
    Agreed. He's definitely throwing rocks at JC. Funny, but a bit tacky from a corporate point of view. To be fair, I thought JC's press release was self-serving too.

But MySpace? LOL. C.mon, Legere.

The BB10 defenders on engaging him on Twitter are probably not helping, but he is is a CEO. he's paid to deal with angry consumers.
    02-19-14 02:59 PM
    The BB10 defenders on engaging him on Twitter are probably not helping, but he is is a CEO. he's paid to deal with angry consumers.
    Paid 1 million a year base salary. Should cover at least the angry BB customer base....
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-14 03:04 PM
    Good jab, but uncalled for.
    02-19-14 03:22 PM
    This is funny. I'm glad Chen replied though..
    02-19-14 03:33 PM
    All of a sudden, T-Mobile sounds like a very unstable company run by an unstable person.
    They're both crazy; but, T-Mobile still comes off better. Chen's letter sounded serious and is composed of mostly rhetoric ("outrage", "ill conceived", etc.) at T-Mobile while Legere is more of a light hearted jab at Chen ("Myspace", "Twitter").

Either way, I don't see anything good for Blackberry coming out of this. Blackberry needs to work on its PR. It's really not in the position of starting Twitter wars with key partners.
    02-19-14 03:36 PM
    They're both crazy; but, T-Mobile still comes off better. Chen's letter sounded serious and is composed of mostly rhetoric ("outrage", "ill conceived", etc.) at T-Mobile while Legere is more of a light hearted jab at Chen ("Myspace", "Twitter").

Either way, I don't see anything good for Blackberry coming out of this. Blackberry needs to work on its PR. It's really not in the position of starting Twitter wars with key partners.
    I agree with this. I think it's all gotten a little blown out of proportion. Everyone needs to calm down. Its only a cell phone. If tmobile stops supporting it, we can in turn stop supporting tmobile and switch carriers.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:49 PM
    Thankfully I don't have T-Mobile so don't have to deal with the outcome of Legere being well...Legere.

But I couldn't help but follow him on Twitter, loud mouth CEO's/owners only have 2 roads to go down.

1. Back up everything that comes out of their mouth and give no-one the chance to prove him wrong.

2. Talk out of his rear so far that everyone can sit back and watch them crash and burn.

Not sure which one I would like to see more, either work for me. I'd usually say the latter but I'm a huge Mark Cuban fan and well he knows how to be a little unconventional.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 03:53 PM
    I agree with this. I think it's all gotten a little blown out of proportion. Everyone needs to calm down. Its only a cell phone. If tmobile stops supporting it, we can in turn stop supporting tmobile and switch carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe Legere is OK being willy nilly and laid back but that is a luxury Chen nor BlackBerry can afford. Chen handled it EXACTLY how he should have... I think we need to keep it a little more real in this situation, BlackBerry is fighting for its life and trying to make a comeback. I highly doubt letting something like that promotion slide is warranted, or even a friendly "elbow tap"... Chen is defending BlackBerry and I respect that.
    Last edited by thisiscjay; 02-19-14 at 04:50 PM.
    02-19-14 03:53 PM
    His twitter account looks like a BGR comment section now.... lol Trolls spawning.
    mathking606 likes this.
    02-19-14 03:58 PM
    The is beginning to wreak of reality TV, they just need to divert this energy into working together and giving us the best product they can and 'Keep It Moving'.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 04:00 PM
    As a TMo customer and BlackBerry user it's a bit odd wondering what exactly is up John Legere's sleeve. At first maybe I thought it'd be something tangible for us current users but the more he goes on criticizing John Chen and repeating that TMo is offering BlackBerry users a choice, makes me wonder if he's stringing along BlackBerry users for some other marketing push.

Shots Fired?-img_20131401.png

Posted via CB10
    milo53, laketrout73 and Elite1 like this.
    02-19-14 04:08 PM
    One guy comes of as professional and the other comes of as, well, childish... I can see how some people like the light hearted frankness of Legere but quite honestly I prefer the people running these types of large companies to be professional. Especially when their target consumer is the professional business person. And, frankly, I believe Chen's letter was appropriate as it shows his direct support for our community. He basically did what we asked him to do and for that I thank him.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    02-19-14 04:11 PM
    As a tmo customer this does not sit good with me, so the shareholders should be concerned.
    Hopefully they get a whiff of what's going on.

He can post all of this but not let us at least know wifi calling is being addressed.
    Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 04:13 PM

I agree, BB needs TM.......TM doesn't need or probably no longer wants any part of BB. Chen started this silly exchange with a press release that screams of insecurity.
    02-19-14 04:21 PM
    As a TMo customer and BlackBerry user it's a bit odd wondering what exactly is up John Legere's sleeve. At first maybe I thought it'd be something tangible for us current users but the more he goes on criticizing John Chen and repeating that TMo is offering BlackBerry users a choice, makes me wonder if he's stringing along BlackBerry users for some other marketing push.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131401.png 
Views:	1174 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	249381

Posted via CB10
    Wow!
    02-19-14 04:22 PM
76 123 ...