Personally, I don't like it. A manufacturer's storefront should not show such overt support for one carrier over others.
    Attached Thumbnails ShopBlackBerry promoting TMO service-sbb.png  
    10-11-15 10:17 AM
    Maybe T-Mo bought the ad space?
    10-11-15 10:37 AM
    Maybe T-Mo bought the ad space?
    Yeah, that's probably what it is. To me, it's no different from a manufacturer buying space in a TMO store, leading to BB (or some other OEM) being left out. Was AT&T approached?

When you're partnered with other carriers (AT&T, as these are GSM phones,) you don't promote one over others. Just my opinion. And even if there was an AT&T ad right next to it, it's just...off-putting for me to see carrier promotions at a SIM-free seller.
    10-11-15 10:50 AM
    It's a little odd. Then so was this berserk release of an OS with free-for-all BB10 WFC connection. Wonder what T-Mo is up to.
    10-11-15 12:51 PM
    T-Mobile wants all their ex-BlackBerry customers that they chased away last year to come back.
    lift and tryfe like this.
    10-11-15 01:02 PM
    I'm sure other carriers would be welcome to buy ad space in Shop BB. And, it's nice to see that T-Mo is at least trying to court BlackBerry users. We haven't seen a lot of that for a while.
    kbz1960 and tryfe like this.
    10-11-15 01:46 PM
    BlackBerry and T-Mobile don't get along; people are angry.
    BlackBerry and T-Mobile get along; people are angry.

Lesson of the day: People are angry no matter what happens.

[CB10 / Q10]
    Ecm, lift, tryfe and 1 others like this.
    10-11-15 02:29 PM
    Maybe TMO is angry because they cannot get the Lumia 950 - apparently Legere blew his cork
    at AT&T.
    10-11-15 03:39 PM
    BlackBerry and T-Mobile don't get along; people are angry.
    BlackBerry and T-Mobile get along; people are angry.

Lesson of the day: People are angry no matter what happens.
    Haha. I'm just holding them to the same standard as I did TMO when they were sending those "BlackBerry owners, switch to an iPhone now!!1" emails. This isn't as overt (i.e. targeting AT&T customers specifically,) but it still has what should be a neutral party's endorsement for one partner over another.

Here is a good example of how I think options should be shown neutrally.
    10-11-15 04:49 PM
    Fair point.

Setting aside any sarcasm from my post above, BlackBerry needs help since they aren't selling enough devices. T-Mobile needs help since they don't have enough towers or subscribers. Everyone potentially wins here.

If you're a BB user on TMO then you're what, 0.3% of roughly 15%? That puts us at most within 0.045% of all US cellular subscribers. That's not a half percent, nor is it a tenth of a percent. That's under five one-hundredths of one percent. Talk about either being the elite of the elite or not even a blip on the radar, however you want to slice it.

Normally I'd agree with a concept of "carrier/device manufacturer neutrality" but this is a case where it's the underdogs in two fights getting together for a common good. I like that. In fact, I find it refreshingly hilarious.

[CB10 / Q10]
    10-11-15 07:12 PM
    T-Mobile ad space on ShopBB. Leaked Priv has T-Mobile bloatware.

10-11-15 08:37 PM
    Aren't shopblackberry devices most compatible with T-Mobile USA anyway? Every time someone asks about buying a shopblackberry device to use on AT&T, a warning is given that they'll get limited LTE support.
    10-12-15 06:17 PM
    Aren't shopblackberry devices most compatible with T-Mobile USA anyway?
    I would say AT&T, because the deficiencies vis a vis TMO (band 12) are more impacting than vis a vis AT&T (band 29.)
    10-12-15 09:04 PM
    I knew I had a T-Mo rant inside me....... When is someone gonna start a class action suit against T-Mobile regarding those "free" sim cards??? As soon as you want to activate a new line, they will charge $15, so what exactly was free? HATE this!!!!
    10-13-15 06:58 PM
    I knew I had a T-Mo rant inside me....... When is someone gonna start a class action suit against T-Mobile regarding those "free" sim cards??? As soon as you want to activate a new line, they will charge $15, so what exactly was free? HATE this!!!!
    I'm pretty sure that the $15 fee is only if you activate in a store. If you activate a new line online, it is free.
    10-14-15 09:55 PM
    Tmo sells simcard online for a buck periodically.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:48 PM
    I ordered last night. I noticed online there was the code FREESIM. This will get you a free (x4 for me) sim card. I started up a chat because the 4 lines for $120/month was in store and on the phone.

As it turns out I have 0 charge for sim cards, 0 charge for activation, and $120/month for 10Gb.

I was bothered that they did a hard pull on my credit though.

I am excited about WiFi calling again with these new updates.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    10-15-15 05:00 PM
    I still can't understand why the store charges for the activation!! Crooks.
    10-15-15 05:50 PM
    I still can't understand why the store charges for the activation!! Crooks.
    Yeah, I don't get that either. You would think that T-Mobile would give free activation in store to try to get more traffic to their stores.
    10-15-15 10:32 PM
    that's great, hopefully tmo is going to pick up the priv. but then again, i haven't seen any fcc filings nor tmo saying they are going to carry it.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 03:31 PM
    that's great, hopefully tmo is going to pick up the priv. but then again, i haven't seen any fcc filings nor tmo saying they are going to carry it.

Posted via CB10
    This is from BLA1ZE's post "Everything we know about the BlackBerry Priv Android Slider" posted 24 Sept 15: "Based on the info above, it's expected to hit all the large US carriers such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon."

I'm on TMO and am looking forward to this phone. I will be getting several.
    10-20-15 11:42 AM
    Considering the only other carrier with unlimited data (Sprint) no longer carries or supports BlackBerry devices, this is a smart move by T-Mobile.
    lift likes this.
    10-20-15 05:46 PM
    Point of this is that T-Mobile is leading the telephone companies market. And it's a good thing BlackBerry has a contract with them again. I'm ok with this.

Posted with my  Classic.
    10-30-15 08:36 AM