Not sure why anyone was fretting. I said it was coming in the second post and many times before that lol.
    I'd just like more than "soon". Is that a month or as we still looking at early 2016?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:06 PM
    Not sure why anyone was fretting. I said it was coming in the second post and many times before that lol.
    In Bla1ze we trust! Or should!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:55 PM
    I am also frustrated with being held hostage by Verizon. I have been with them since 2000 but I went to AT&T this weekend to check out the Priv and get pricing. Naturally, I could not find any means to advise Verizon that because of their actions and my desire for BlackBerry, they could lose a customer.

One Bummer - I wanted to check out the Passport. It was not out in the AT&T store. A guy yelled across, "Oh, that's EOL." When my salesman questioned that, the guy repeated, "Nah, that Passport is DOA. Only selling the Classic and the Priv."

Just very sobering and I wish BlackBerry Marketing would get in gear to fight these perceptions.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:10 PM
    Verizon needs to get off their *** and release the Priv or I think I'm going to jump ship.
    11-09-15 11:19 PM
    Look on the plus side. By the time this is released on Verizon, there is a better chance of the bugs being squashed as well as it could very well be running marshmallow.

I'm not really happy about this either but I do take both of these plus factors into consideration

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 02:37 PM
    With the reviews on Priv, I'd "like " to think VZ would out a lil pep in their step ^

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:35 PM
    With the reviews on Priv, I'd "like " to think VZ would out a lil pep in their step ^

Posted via CB10
    That certainly would be welcoming about now. The later it is, the more missed sales opportunities as people won't wait forever and are going to be moving on.

It's actually crossed my mind several times

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:15 PM
    Im hearing from a friend Verizon will have the Priv the day after Black Friday...She going to try n get it confirmed^

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:05 PM
    Im hearing from a friend Verizon will have the Priv the day after Black Friday...She going to try n get it confirmed^

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. There is another post in a different thread that said AT&T would only have a 3 week "exclusive.". The day after Black Friday is 22 days, 1 day after 3 weeks. Don't know anything for sure. Just doing the math.
    2ys4u likes this.
    11-12-15 08:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I really don't think they will do this on a Saturday. Just my opinion.
    11-13-15 07:44 AM
    Interesting. There is another post in a different thread that said AT&T would only have a 3 week "exclusive.". The day after Black Friday is 22 days, 1 day after 3 weeks. Don't know anything for sure. Just doing the math.
    Maybe your friend read the same information Bonsaibo did, and extrapolated that Black Friday+1 day later is when Verizon will have the Priv?

No CDMA Privs have gone public at the FCC.
    11-13-15 11:53 AM
    She works for VZ^

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:13 PM
    She works for VZ^
    I got that. But did she say where she saw/heard/read this? Wouldn't be the first time an enterprising carrier employee would be visiting CB for information about BB

Anyway, if she's working on getting it confirmed, we'll know soon enough I suppose. Regardless, nice of her to be looking into it.
    11-13-15 09:18 PM
    Yep, trying to get info from higher ups, fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:20 PM
    Has anyone seen the CDMA version get through the FCC for approval yet? Original models didn't show CDMA...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:40 PM
    Has anyone seen the CDMA version get through the FCC for approval yet? Original models didn't show CDMA...
    No, nothing yet.

But keep in mind--the FCC--upon vendor request--can 'hide' submissions for some time before a release. So a CDMA Priv may have already been approved by the FCC, but the approval may not be public yet.
    11-16-15 05:45 PM
    No, nothing yet.

But keep in mind--the FCC--upon vendor request--can 'hide' submissions for some time before a release. So a CDMA Priv may have already been approved by the FCC, but the approval may not be public yet.
    I posted, in the Verizon Priv Waiting Room forum, that there is probably a legal reason why there is no info from big red on this.
    11-16-15 06:03 PM
    I posted, in the Verizon Priv Waiting Room forum, that there is probably a legal reason why there is no info from big red on this.
    Well they did tweet that they will have it "soon." Beyond that there might be the issue of BB's deal with AT&T--it somewhat defeats exclusivity if you (BB) announce when the exclusive partner's competitor will have it. So either BB hasn't told them exactly when (or the tweeter wasn't priv-y to that information,) or there's honor among thieves. I'm guessing it's the former.
    11-16-15 07:18 PM
    Well they did tweet that they will have it "soon." Beyond that there might be the issue of BB's deal with AT&T--it somewhat defeats exclusivity if you (BB) announce when the exclusive partner's competitor will have it. So either BB hasn't told them exactly when (or the tweeter wasn't priv-y to that information,) or there's honor among thieves. I'm guessing it's the former.
    I'm thinking with the supply issue BlackBerry is having with the most common gsm phones, we are going to really have to wait for the CDMA versions. :/

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:51 PM
    http://crackberry.com/john-chen-talk...-new-interview. According to this article just posted, it seems that AT&T has exclusivity rights to the Priv for most of this calender year. There is only 6 weeks to this year left. Does this mean Verizon or T Mobile wont get the Priv until early 2016.

Z10 STL100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-16-15 09:42 PM
    http://crackberry.com/john-chen-talk...-new-interview. According to this article just posted, it seems that AT&T has exclusivity rights to the Priv for most of this calender year. There is only 6 weeks to this year left. Does this mean Verizon or T Mobile wont get the Priv until early 2016.

Z10 STL100-4/10.3.2.2789
    So, most of this year is already behind us. He didn't say "most of the rest of this year.". So let's hope it is available before Xmas.
    11-17-15 12:27 PM
    It'll be an interestingly busy launch, I'm assuming.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:55 PM
    It'll be an interestingly busy launch, I'm assuming.
    No in-store training material has come your way, right? Nothing you've heard or seen internally about a Priv launch?
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    11-18-15 11:58 AM
    I've been told I'll know Weds if VZ will hv Priv this week

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 10:46 AM
    I've been told I'll know Weds if VZ will hv Priv this week

Posted via CB10
    Great. Rumors have been bandied about that this week was a possibility.
    11-23-15 02:16 PM
86 1234