View Poll Results: Which Beta are you Running?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll

33 53.23%

14 22.58%

15 24.19%

0 0%
07-28-08 02:37 AM
137 123 ...
tools
    This thread is for TMobile users who have used, or want to use OS 4.5.xx Beta.

Please share your overall experience, satisfaction, etc!! We can use this thread to support TMo users running OS 4.5 Beta releases while we wait patiently for the official release!

I thought this would be nice, rather than scanning through the other OS 4.5 threads trying to find other TMo users to share with.

Update:
    I am going to add a poll, asking which Beta release you have found to be your favorite.

I am currently running OS 4.5.44 and have not run into any bugs or glaring issues. The OS seems snappy (especially after installing an optimized build!). I do not have any memory leaks, and have not experienced the 'stuck' VM icon either...
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-23-08 at 09:32 AM.
    06-23-08 09:29 AM
    I am impatiently waiting for this release I have used the DS 4.5 and loved it I just need the upgrade to be complete!
    06-23-08 09:37 AM
    i love the betas, but i love the volume of the calls on the 4.2 so i downgraded.
    06-23-08 09:39 AM
    maybe the 4.5 38 was the very stable but didnt have wifi thats the last one i tried
    06-23-08 09:39 AM
    The only minor issue I have come across is that my voice mail icon does not appear when I receive a voice mail.

Everything else in release .44 seems fine. It is rumored that a .46 or .48 release may be right around the corner.

I also heard an official release could be out by the end of the month
    06-23-08 09:41 AM
    I just bought the Motorola S9 Wireless headphones. Where can I get the new OS so that I can use the headphone? I've been searching but coming up with nothing...anyone can help?
    06-23-08 09:54 AM
    I had one of the earlier 4.5 betas (don't remember the number) and loved some of the features, but the memory leak forced me to switch back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 12:52 PM
    Had only one problem with early version of beta's and that was the memory leak.. than the problem of .37 no UMA... but i love it now just because i can use it with my N router.

Other than that just patiently waiting for Official release... maybe not to T-Mobile or RIM... give us a PREMIUM version of Documents To Go.. You want to kick some MS *** than you will please us like that.

Documents to go can edit i know but still doesnt go all the way
    06-23-08 01:07 PM
    **BUMP**

Trying to get some more feedback from TMo users running the Beta!! Is nobody on TMobile trying it out?!
    06-24-08 10:08 AM
    I am.......but you already knew that!
    06-24-08 11:23 AM
    How does UMA calling work with the 4.5 betas? That's been the only thing stopping me from getting one.
    06-24-08 04:02 PM
    I have .10 on my Curve. Everything seems to work great. Had no real use for Docs to Go so I got rid of it. When I upgraded, the UMA was alot more reliable. I didn't upgrade any further and will be waiting for the official release.
    06-24-08 06:53 PM
    How does UMA calling work with the 4.5 betas? That's been the only thing stopping me from getting one.
    Hey Smaug... I was reluctant to upgrade as well, for the same reason.

Once .44 came out, I decided to take the plunge. First, I upgraded to .42 because I had heard good things about it (and that the UMA worked).

Everything in .42 was very reliable, consistent and UMA worked really well!!

Since I have been using .44, there have been no real issues at all. UMA still works amazing. All the functions still work... no memory leak for me.

I am patiently waiting for an official release though.

(Oh, and the voice mail icon will not pop up for me when someone leaves a VM... not a biggie for me!)
    06-24-08 07:10 PM
    Im running .42 on my 8800 on T-Mobile and the only problems I had was the constant rebooting when I first installed. All I did was pull the memory card and reload my files a couple at a time and it was fine. Second was my MyFave icon just shows 2 out of 5 people and the others say loading. I tried battery pulls and called T-Mobile and they were no help surprisingly so I just assumed it was a problem with the beta OS and left it at that. I hide that menu anyways. I was going to throw it on the wifey's 8320 but after reading different problems I didn't want her having any problems especially since she needs her phone a lot for work. Otherwise I enjoy the OS and can't wait for a official release.
    06-24-08 11:02 PM
    I have a tmo 8320 curve I downloaded the 4.5 about an hour ago and the only problem so far is it won't save the videos I take with the video feature if anyone can help with this please pm me or reply to this message.

06-25-08 01:23 AM
    I just installed 4.5.0.37 last night and it had been working wonderfully all day until about an hour ago when I moved a .jpg file from my computer to the memory card. Now it's just constantly rebooting, and I can't figure out how to get it to stop. Any advice would be great!

EDIT: alright, it had something to do with the memory card. I pulled it out and now it's fine. Going to update to .44 to see if that resolves the issue!
    Last edited by Real-ity; 06-25-08 at 02:59 AM.
    06-25-08 02:56 AM
    Alls I can say is it might be a good idea to avoid these betas. I am officially off of them because .37 fried two Sim cards in a matter of 7 days of usage. Soon as I rolled back to TMO's ancient OS did the waters calm. Personally I say screw the new OS and roll out the BOLD!
    06-25-08 03:02 AM
    I love the new interface! My issue though is that after installing dm 4.5 and media package I have been unable to add new programs to my bb curve as it wants to uninstall my 2.0 yahoo messenger and downgrade me to the 1.0 that the os 4.2.180 when I try to add the new program through dm. I have removed the vendor file also. Anyone found a work around for this?

06-25-08 03:23 AM
    Can someone link me to a decent download of .44? I can't seem to find one.
    06-25-08 10:44 AM
    Alls I can say is it might be a good idea to avoid these betas. I am officially off of them because .37 fried two Sim cards in a matter of 7 days of usage. Soon as I rolled back to TMO's ancient OS did the waters calm. Personally I say screw the new OS and roll out the BOLD!
    Yeah... well that was a commonly known bug for the TMo users upgrading to .37

I would recommend a different Beta OS 4.5, such as .44, because it is stable
    06-25-08 10:49 AM
    Can someone link me to a decent download of .44? I can't seem to find one.
    Check your PM in the next 5 minutes
    06-25-08 10:50 AM
    Well I ran into sort of an odd problem when trying to install Desktop Manager 4.5. It says it installed...but when I go to look for an icon, there isn't one! No where on my computer is there a desktop manager icon. Investigating now..

EDIT: Alright, figured it out. The reason was, I'm an *****! I installed the Modem and USB drivers, not the desktop software. I thought that downloaded a little fast..
    06-25-08 11:09 AM
    Well, so far so good. I downloaded .44 about an hour ago, and I haven't had any problems yet. Didn't crash once. I'll update if anything big happens.
    06-25-08 01:18 PM
    Im on .44 since yesterday afternoon. No problems at all. Works fine, UMA works great, saved all my settings during the upgrade. Still doesnt work with my Windy31 router though! grrrrr...
    06-25-08 02:32 PM
    Glad to hear Smaug!

As for this Windy31 router, wtf is that mate?! haha

Never even heard of that... go drop 50 bucks and get a Linksys WRT54G. Love that thing
    06-25-08 02:51 PM
137 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD