Are the sprint users here able to send and receive international text messages from here in the U.S.? I once had nextel and they worked fine for texting a friend in England but I also had sprint and it wouldn't work for nothing. So for the guys here who use sprint do you have trouble sending or receiving text messages from places like England and such,while here in the U.S.?
    11-14-09 04:13 PM
    Mine works. Do you include the country code etc? like 011 44....
    11-14-09 06:37 PM
    I've never had difficulty sending international texts, the problem I have is its, twenty cents per message . Google voice fixed that for me though.
    11-14-09 06:38 PM
    You use google voice to send int texts? I read somewhere that it isnt supported
    11-14-09 06:41 PM
    You use google voice to send int texts? I read somewhere that it isnt supported
    It sure is supported. I send about 20 a day using G Voice.
    11-14-09 06:48 PM
    what country do you text to? I also found this link...

International text messages - Google Voice Help
    11-14-09 06:49 PM
    what country do you text to? I also found this link...

International text messages - Google Voice Help
    My wife and I send texts to our family in the Philippines at least 20 per day. We just go to SMS put in +63(phone number) and viola, the message arrives flawlessly. I have never had anyone say they haven't received a message.
    11-14-09 06:54 PM
    good to know. Thanks. Also, how to you send text? I usually use google voice app but I havent been access the inbox lately. It constantly says "refresh failed" I am using a BB Tour
    11-14-09 06:58 PM
    11-14-09 09:28 PM
    good to know. Thanks. Also, how to you send text? I usually use google voice app but I havent been access the inbox lately. It constantly says "refresh failed" I am using a BB Tour
    I send it through my google voice account on the web. I don't use the app for my phone. I don't like the interface.
    11-15-09 02:30 PM
    I send and receive international texts on Sprint with no issues at all. I have discovered that Google Voice does it for free, so now I use that exclusively.

20 cents per text is too much. I'm used to it being cheaper (maybe when I was with at&t?).
    11-15-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD