My Bold has two problems: the volume "up" button is stuck while the Stand By key doesn't want to function. I want to get both of these fixed ASAP. I can't really make it out to a Rogers store any time soon, so would I be able to get it replaced through calling Rogers? I'm still in my 1 year warranty period. I figure they'll send me an empty box or a new phone and I put my phone in that box and send it back, like every other company does?

Will this work?
    12-09-09 07:22 PM
    yup thats pretty much it...

i would keep a record of the tracking number just in case
    12-10-09 11:18 AM
    You know what's weird, my Bold ran into the same problems. The volume "up" button would push in, but it wouldn't actually turn the volume up, so if I put it down, I was screwed. Also my standby button didn't work, lol.

Here's how it goes:

1) Call Rogers and ask for a replacement device. You ALWAYS do this over the phone anyway, never can get it through a store (for a refurb).
    2) They ship you a refurbished phone (always whatever you are replacing, can't call and ask for an 8900 for example) in a box that says "Replacement Handset Device" (I believe). In the box is the phone, battery and charger. The battery and charger aren't packaged, kind of just look like they were thrown in there.
    3) Once you transfer your information to your new, refurbished device, you have 14 days from when it was shipped to return your original one. You are required to ship back whatever they give you in the box. So ship back your old battery and old charger (if you'd like since you're getting a new one).
    4) It'll come with instructions on how to ship the original phone back, basically they include a UPS prepaid shipping label which you affix over-top of the original shipping label on the box.
    5) You are required to ship the phone back in either the replacement box or your original box. I'd recommend the replacement box.

That's really it, after you call Rogers it should arrive to you within two days. Just don't wait in sending it back. If you forget about it or something, and it goes over 14 days, you pay the full price for the refurbished phone by them charging you on your next bill.
    12-10-09 04:08 PM
    My Bold has two problems: the volume "up" button is stuck while the Stand By key doesn't want to function. I want to get both of these fixed ASAP. I can't really make it out to a Rogers store any time soon, so would I be able to get it replaced through calling Rogers? I'm still in my 1 year warranty period. I figure they'll send me an empty box or a new phone and I put my phone in that box and send it back, like every other company does?

Will this work?
    wow that is really weird!
    12-13-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD