Read article

Post Tech - Update: Lawmaker to introduce bill on cancellation fees after Verizon's increase

This is bogus. I don't agree or disagree with the ETF. This is Verizon pricing policy, why do these people want to keep inteferring with free market pricing. We all should send her an email about her stupidity.

P.S.
    I just sent her a message regarding this at

Senator Amy Klobuchar
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-10-09 at 02:04 PM.
    11-10-09 01:55 PM
    Cool! More Government in our daily lives. I just can't get enough!

Joe
    11-10-09 01:59 PM
    Hmmm...

Thats the Senator I voted for here in the great state of Minnesota...

"She said more and more households are relying on wireless services as they cut the cord on landline phones. Charging hundreds of dollars for leaving a contract, even if a customer moves to an area that no longer has service by their provider, hurts consumers, she said."

For one... This raise is for Smart Phones only... So the whole argument about households relying on wireless services doesn't really hold any water...

And... Verizon will usually let someone out of their contract with no ETF if they move to an area where service is marginal...

Stupid...
    11-10-09 02:07 PM
    Bet she has AT&T...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 02:12 PM
    I just wonder that will the new ETF apply for all contracts signed before Nov 15th or just the contracts after that date? Any VZW Rep here ?
    11-10-09 02:12 PM
    Yes, rep here. Contracts signed after.

11-10-09 02:15 PM
    The new ETF goes into effect on November 15th....
    I just wonder that will the new ETF apply for all contracts signed before Nov 15th or just the contracts after that date? Any VZW Rep here ?
    Its those that start from the 15th forward. No existing plans/ETF's will be changed.
    Bet she has AT&T...

What does she care. I bet she has a government issued BB with unlimited everything. Thanks to the tax payers.
    11-10-09 02:16 PM
    LOL all posted in the same minute...
    11-10-09 02:16 PM
    Thanks Darth and ROC, I really love VZW coverage in Minnesota, but their phones are not my favorite at all T___T
    11-10-09 02:18 PM
    LOL... Yeah I love paying for someone else's cell service.

11-10-09 02:18 PM
    Thanks Darth and ROC, I really love VZW coverage in Minnesota, but their phones are not my favorite at all T___T
    20-some new phones by the end of the year, smart and non.

11-10-09 02:20 PM
    One more question, how much the current ETF decreases every month? I signed mine 4 months ago
    11-10-09 02:21 PM
    LOL... Yeah I love paying for someone else's cell service.

Don't forget the actual cell phone. I bet she changes cell phones at her pleasure. She doesn't have to worry about ETF. You are paying for it.
    11-10-09 02:22 PM
    Yup, what we need is a government cell phone option we all pay for. You can keep the plan you have if you want it.

11-10-09 02:23 PM
    20-some new phones by the end of the year, smart and non.

Yeah I have the Tour now but thinking about change to TMo or Blue to get the 9700. I hear some ppl rumor about the new Tour 2, but cant handle my Tour any longer ...

I have exchanged my Tour 4 times within 4 months .... and now, will I do the 5th time or just give up +____+
    11-10-09 02:23 PM
    Yeah I have the Tour now but thinking about change to TMo or Blue to get the 9700. I hear some ppl rumor about the new Tour 2, but cant handle my Tour any longer ...

I have exchanged my Tour 4 times within 4 months .... and now, will I do the 5th time or just give up +____+
    NOrmally after number 3 I lean on user error...
    11-10-09 02:25 PM
    Airsupply, blue_and_bold's

You are hijacking this post to talk about something entirely different. Start a new post with your questions. Your posts make the thread hard to follow.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-10-09 at 02:27 PM.
    11-10-09 02:25 PM
    Indeed. I agree with the ETF Verizon is gettin bent over with people doing the BOGO and paying the ETF. Its an abuse of the system.
    11-10-09 02:26 PM
    Airsupply

You are hijacking this post to talk about something entirely different. Start a new post with your questions. Your posts make the thread hard to follow.
    Sorry my bad. I am running away ....
    11-10-09 02:26 PM
    We need universal cell coverage, cell prices are just getting astronomical and I heard 15% of people don't have coverage! We need drastic government action to take care of these consumers and ensure they pick the government cell plan or face a tax penalty!

11-10-09 02:36 PM
    Seriously people wonder why I push for government reduction. Its always okay when people attack big business, according to some, but it won't be long until this senator is introducing a bill to tell you how much you can charge in your business.

We could just get rid of contracts and charge full retail for phones. Or you can pay $149 and get two blackberry storm 2's?

11-10-09 02:39 PM
    Complete and utter BS. I have more of an opinion than that, but political discussions just make enemies. On top of that, they may or may not be against the forum rules.

11-10-09 02:40 PM
    Quoting the article

" She said more and more households are relying on wireless services as they cut the cord on landline phones."

No kidding. People are cutting the landline phones because of excessive taxes, including the universal coverage tax. My old landline was $7.90 based but my bill was over $20 after tax.
    11-10-09 02:41 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD