That would be me.

My question is; is there way where I can store all my phone numbers onto the Tour's sim card so that if I switch from one Tour to another for example; all my phone numbers will be available on the sim card?

If so; how do I do this?

All help/input is appreciated.
    Last edited by HandsomePrince; 12-07-09 at 05:58 AM.
    12-07-09 05:56 AM
    Your question is certainly very unusual. People buy the Tour precisely because it is a World Phone, and there is no need to switch SIM cards from the Tour to another phone. What you usually do is switch the SIM card in the Tour for a SIM card in your destination country. You keep using the Tour in any event, but with the new SIM card. It is in your interests to keep using the same phone, thereby keeping all your contacts, calendar appointments, applications, photographs, documents, etc. on one phone.

When you swap SIM cards, you are taking advantage of the local rates in whatever country you find yourself in. For example, right now, I am in the UK using my Sprint Tour with a Vodafone SIM card. Alternatively, I can also use my regular SIM card on the Sprint International plan. The difference is that with the Vodafone SIM card, I am charged 55 pence per minute, whereas with Sprint International here in the UK, I am charged $1.29 per minute. You can see from the huge disparity in prices that it is more advantageous to use a local SIM card. I do tend to switch back and forth between the SIM cards because I also paid $40 for Sprint's unlimited data for one month while I am here in the UK.

I have never tried taking the SIM card from the Tour and inserting it in another phone. It is exactly the type of nuisance that a world phone is supposed to help you prevent. And yes, you can save your contacts onto your SIM card by doing the following: go to whichever contact you want to save to your SIM card on the phone. Once you have the contact highlighted, press the menu button. Its should give you the option of adding the contact to your SIM card. Its been a while since I tried anything like that, but if memory serves, that's how it is done. The question remains: why would you want to? The Tour is a world phone!

Of course, if you are looking to abandon your Tour and switch the data to another phone, then that's a different issue. You can transfer all of your data to another Tour/Blackberry by using the Desktop Manager. Simply click on 'Switch Blackberry Devices' to effectuate the transfer, and follow the directions. The Desktop Manager does not afford you the opportunity to switch to a phone that is not a Blackberry. But so long as the phone you are switching to is a Blackberry, you can transfer all of your data. This includes your contacts, calendar appointments, e-mails and both SMS and MMS messages. This beats just transferring your contacts, if it is your intention to abandon your Tour altogether. I hope this helps...
    Last edited by Barredbard; 12-07-09 at 06:51 AM.
    12-07-09 06:31 AM
    Yes you can store contacts on the sim card. I'm not sure about transfering phones but I know I saw the option somewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 12:45 PM
    Just use Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager. You can switch from one BB to another in a couple minutes and no one will know you switched, you won't have to re-add your BBM contacts either. That's what I do...
    12-07-09 12:49 PM
    Or sync to a Google account. You can then re-sync to whatever tour/bb you end up with.
    12-07-09 01:54 PM
    The problem I see with this is 1) you will need to add each contact one by one to the SIM card, and 2) a SIM card can only hold 250 contacts and only a name and a number for each one. So addresses, PIN numbers, email addresses, and mulitple numbers for work, home, and mobile will not be stored. Someone said on here before that you can store more information for one contact on a BB than you can on a whole SIM card.

When you switch phones just do what was said above and use the Device Switch Wizard. You could also just do a restore from a back up file too. That will transfer your contacts, messages, calendar events, and any other settings you haveon the BB.
    12-07-09 04:11 PM
    Just use Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager. You can switch from one BB to another in a couple minutes and no one will know you switched, you won't have to re-add your BBM contacts either. That's what I do...
    The problem I see with this is 1) you will need to add each contact one by one to the SIM card, and 2) a SIM card can only hold 250 contacts and only a name and a number for each one. So addresses, PIN numbers, email addresses, and mulitple numbers for work, home, and mobile will not be stored. Someone said on here before that you can store more information for one contact on a BB than you can on a whole SIM card.

When you switch phones just do what was said above and use the Device Switch Wizard. You could also just do a restore from a back up file too. That will transfer your contacts, messages, calendar events, and any other settings you haveon the BB.
    I appreciate it; thanks for the all the helpful input.
    12-07-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD