So I called to have my sim card activated and my phone unlocked so I can roam on my personal phone when out of town. I noticed that I have a new option to save contacts to my sim card in my address book. How does backing up on your sim card work in terms changing phones and say I get a replacement phone? I found threads related to this but they all refer to GSM carries. If it works the same way with a verizon activated sim that would make for an easy answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 02:55 PM
    not sure about that, but pretty sure it works the same way. tech support probably knows better, dont deal with that much myself... if I had to guess, works the same way
    08-27-09 02:56 PM
    If you copy to sim it will save name and phone number only. But its a good backup plan. However its always best to use desktop manager to sync and/or backup your phone.
    It does work the same way, I've never tried it personally but I've walked customers through it. If you don't feel comfortable doing it on ur own call Tech and they should be able to help.

08-27-09 03:06 PM
    As far as I know it should be the same but only way to find out would be to test it...
    Much like what miss heather just posted. I would always backup but you can test it out by backing up>wiping the phone> then insert sim card and see if you can pull them off of there directly onto the phone.
    In theory it should work.
    08-27-09 03:08 PM
    Yeah I use DM but it would be nice to have a fall back. Thanks for the quick response.

08-27-09 03:09 PM
    Always glad to help.

08-27-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD