One thing I've found that I don't like is that when I synced w/ gmail, it put every person I had emailed into my contacts. I was trying to text a friend & apparently I hit the contact for her email instead of the contact for her phone # & I had been EMAILING her all the messages I was meaning to text her. Admittedly, I haven't actually gone in & tried to consolidate all of my contacts. I'm kinda putting it off because I'm sure that's gonna be a tedious task!

Artemis - I could see the Sidekick lover in you loving the Vibrant .
    07-20-10 04:37 PM
    As far as UMA, I never used it since I get edge all the time when I had my BB 8900, and now all I get is 3G with this new phone.
    07-21-10 08:27 AM
    Can you guys comment on the music capabilities on it? Hows the speakers? How is the interface?
    07-21-10 09:41 AM
    Can you guys comment on the music capabilities on it? Hows the speakers? How is the interface?
    Speaker sound is FANTASTIC! Loads better than my 9700. The music player itself, to me, is easier to navigate. The UI is also more aesthetically pleasing. I've also watched some movies & the quality is out of this world. I could never watch full movies on my 9700 due to it randomly starting over after I paused it to go check a message or fast forward or rewind a full-length movie because it would freeze. On the Vibrant I can pause, check messages, & start again just fine, as well as fast forward & rewind w/ ease.
    07-21-10 12:38 PM
    Awesome, thank you for the reply!

I went to check this phone out yesterday at the tmob store, but I was pretty disappointed b/c they had 0 tunes on it and it wasn't connected to any data. But I looked at a couple scenes from avatar and it looked phenomenal.
    07-21-10 01:00 PM
    That's unfortunte that you weren't able to test it out the way you wanted . Why didn't they have data on it yet?
    07-21-10 03:19 PM
    Crazy isn't it? You would think it would be connected to wifi or something but nope, no interent! The store reps were too busy to help me lol so I didn't even get a chance to ask.
    07-21-10 03:35 PM
    Speaker sound is FANTASTIC! Loads better than my 9700. The music player itself, to me, is easier to navigate. The UI is also more aesthetically pleasing. I've also watched some movies & the quality is out of this world. I could never watch full movies on my 9700 due to it randomly starting over after I paused it to go check a message or fast forward or rewind a full-length movie because it would freeze. On the Vibrant I can pause, check messages, & start again just fine, as well as fast forward & rewind w/ ease.
    One more thing to add on the Speaker they can also be set to 5.1 surround sound if you have a good head set or if ur going to play music in ur car
    07-21-10 04:37 PM
    Like many of you folks, i've been having lots problems with the GPS. And like many of you, I also am upgrading from the G1 so I know how a good GPS signal is suppose to be like. In many instances, the GS would not sync with the GPS when within the same circumstances, the G1 had no problem.

Inside my home, I now pretty much don't get any good GPS on my GS. Rarely if I patiently wait, it will connect. When testing with the GPS TEST, the damn thing would not even connect a satellite.

AFTER FIX - Everything connects REALLY REALLY FAST and ACCURATE

I found this on Cnet web site ([FIX] Updated: GPS Tracking Issues (Optional FIX) - xda-developers)

This will not work if ur out of the USA
    07-24-10 10:02 AM
    Went to store here in SC and got to play with one. I want this soooooooo bad, but I don't have an upgrade available. Best price for me is $439.99. Maybe I can sell my 9700!?!?!?!?!

07-25-10 08:21 PM
    Bubba,

if you sell your 9700 plus your accessories...well, you may be able to get around $300 for the lot. You'd still have to cough up a bit more for the Vibrant. Definitely an option though if you really want it!
    07-26-10 08:31 AM
    I was able to get $300 for my 9700 (plus accessories) on ebay.
    07-26-10 12:32 PM
    I got $300 for my 9700 and $150 for my 8900
    07-31-10 11:12 AM
    Some tips

1. I set sms and incoming calls to voice so it would read out ur incoming calls and sms. You can go to settings>text to speech>driving mode.

2. in the contacts app, swipe to the left on a contact, and the phone will call that specific contact

3. in the contacts app, swipe to the right on a contact, and the phone will oppen the text message app for that specific contact

4. android keyboard when texting there is a little mic on the bottom left by the space bar. Thats googles new talk to text feature. It tell you about it when you first try it. Its pretty cool when you driving and somebody texts you cause I know I never type when I drive and I hate seeing people do it so this is a pretty nice feature.

5. navigation, you can hold the HOME button for sec , then it will display the dialog box 6 apps u used, and u can switch between them.

6. on the camara you can click on the little tap on your left / click shooting mode /choose panorama you can take up to 8 consecutive pictures to from a panoramic photo. The more you take, the less the quality.

More to come
    07-31-10 01:30 PM
    OMG! Thanx for #5! I was wondering if this phone had that capability. That's awesome! I've found that the speech-to-text thing really isn't accurate with me. Maybe its just the way I talk. Bit I feel like I spend more time going back and correcting the message than it would've taken me to just type it out.
    08-01-10 11:39 AM
    OMG! Thanx for #5! I was wondering if this phone had that capability. That's awesome! I've found that the speech-to-text thing really isn't accurate with me. Maybe its just the way I talk. Bit I feel like I spend more time going back and correcting the message than it would've taken me to just type it out.
    I lot of the issues should be fix once the new update comes out this fall..

All in all I love this phone
    08-02-10 11:51 AM
    Your information is true, but the Android data plan is better for Android devices and is preferred. It's the same price as the Blackberry plan though.
    This is the one thing that concerns me about moving to Android. I have a retention plan for my Berry and would hate to end up spending an extra $10-20 per month just because I want/have to move to Android when I upgrade.
    08-02-10 02:59 PM
    osutuba,

You have the 19.99 BB plan, correct?

There IS a retention offer for a lower priced Android plan. It's called "Preferred Android Web" and it costs $20 instead of the usual $30 so you'd end up paying less.

If you're a longtime customer, call Retentions and get it. They have them available for BB too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 10:51 PM
    osutuba,

There IS a retention offer for a lower priced Android plan. It's called "Preferred Android Web" and it costs $20 instead of the usual $30 so you'd end up paying less.

If you're a longtime customer, call Retentions and get it. They have them available for BB too...

That is what I have now
    08-03-10 08:39 AM
    Hey anyone with the S notice that they're phone/battery side gets extremely hot sometimes?
    08-05-10 10:44 AM
    Hey anyone with the S notice that they're phone/battery side gets extremely hot sometimes?
    I do not notice it being hot since I have a cover on it as well as a screen cover
    08-05-10 12:01 PM
    Also one thing I have the psx4droid which makes the phone S play like a PSP and it plays games like the PSP remotes and all
    08-05-10 12:05 PM
    I got my T Mo Vibrant Saturday and retired my 8320 Curve. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone. I almost went to iPhone 4 but the Galaxy S has made me VERY happy
    08-05-10 02:31 PM
    osutuba,

Thanks for the info! I do have the $19.99 BB plan, so I'll look into that if I end up going to an Android phone.
    08-06-10 07:21 AM
    I got my T Mo Vibrant Saturday and retired my 8320 Curve. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone. I almost went to iPhone 4 but the Galaxy S has made me VERY happy
    Glad you join the club
    08-06-10 07:57 AM
147 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD