Anyone has any feed back on this phone

Samsung Vibrant � Galaxy S for T-Mobile USA
    06-22-10 03:42 PM
    Think Behold II update.
    06-22-10 05:34 PM
    But it looks sweet almost to the Iphone
    06-22-10 06:47 PM
    That's the idea. Not sure about the execution yet.
    06-22-10 06:58 PM
    this phone is tempting, but if i did get it, i use the stock android ui.

also, i hear that samsung is horrible with upgrading software, so im a little weary about buying a samsung phone. i dont want to be stuck on 2.1 forever
    06-24-10 07:06 PM
    this phone is tempting, but if i did get it, i use the stock android ui.

also, i hear that samsung is horrible with upgrading software, so im a little weary about buying a samsung phone. i dont want to be stuck on 2.1 forever
    HTC phones are 100x better than anything Samsung. The Behold II is the best example of a Samsung fail. Great phone that takes forever to get an Android update.
    06-24-10 07:22 PM
    HTC phones are 100x better than anything Samsung. The Behold II is the best example of a Samsung fail. Great phone that takes forever to get an Android update.
    yup. that's why i'm a little weary about buying this phone. could be 2.1 forever with no froyo or anything above 2.2.

if i really do jump ship, i think it would take something like the sidekick twist or another android phone with a dual core processor.

but I'm so addicted to my crackberry....might get withdrawals if i jump ship.

decisions, decisions.
    06-24-10 07:26 PM
    I know Samsung screwed up with the Behold II but I highly doubt they will mess this up. the Samsung Galaxy S "line" is going to be the TMO Vibrant, AT&T Captive, The full keyboard version on Sprint and I think one more....not sure. This will be something like Verizon and the Droid brand.

They have a lot riding on this. Now, I'm not saying that updates will come quickly.....just like every other Android phone...minus the Nexus One....but I'm sure it will get new updates.

Being a BB and Android fan, I plan on picking this up to accompany my 9700
    06-24-10 09:10 PM
    yup. that's why i'm a little weary about buying this phone. could be 2.1 forever with no froyo or anything above 2.2.

if i really do jump ship, i think it would take something like the sidekick twist or another android phone with a dual core processor.

but I'm so addicted to my crackberry....might get withdrawals if i jump ship.

decisions, decisions.
    I'm waiting to see what this new Sidekick is all about. If it's like a myTouch on steroids then bye bye bye to my 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 09:24 PM
    When you guys say "sidekick" is it because the device is going to replace the sidekick line, but not the carry the name?

I was a Sidekick user before a BB user. Gosh, I loved that keyboard. I'm disappointed thus far with T-Mo's android selection, but if an Android device came with some killer hardware/processor AND a keyboard like the Sidekick, it might be hard to resist...

06-25-10 12:39 AM
    Samsung makes crap. Enough said.
    06-25-10 08:56 AM
    I'm interested in hearing how this all pans out. My bro is very interested in this phone. Can't wait to play with it.
    06-25-10 10:25 AM
    When you guys say "sidekick" is it because the device is going to replace the sidekick line, but not the carry the name?

I was a Sidekick user before a BB user. Gosh, I loved that keyboard. I'm disappointed thus far with T-Mo's android selection, but if an Android device came with some killer hardware/processor AND a keyboard like the Sidekick, it might be hard to resist...

I'm not exactly sure, but it is supposed to be a sidekick phone powered by android. it supposed to be called the sidekick twist and might be the htc vision. it is supposed to be on beast of a phone. it is supposed to have 4.3" screen, but rumors are that it

-will run 3.0 os (gingerbread)
    -dual 800mhz processor
    -8 mp camera
    -full slide out keyboard

that is one sweet phone if it hits tmo usa. but again these are all rumors. im sporting the 8100, and im holding out for a phone like this.

too bad BB is still playing around with only 256mb of ram in this day and age.
    06-26-10 03:59 AM
    The Behold II wasn't what I'd call a great phone. It is the only Android device that ranks up there with the Backflip in terms of terribleness.

Samsung is the Wile E. Coyote of smartphones. The hardware looks nice, but it doesn't get supported after 6 months. They updated the Moment, but it has a bug still, 3 software updates later, where the CDMA radio locks up after you use Wi-Fi. Maybe there'll actually be an aftermarket community for this phone, since that'll be it's only saving grace.
    06-26-10 08:03 PM
    For you cb addicts that have both a bb and an android: do you guys have separate lines for each phone? if you only have one line, what data plan are you using?

I had my 8320 for the last few years and wanted to try out android. do i keep the bb plan or get android? do you know if you have a bb plan and use an android, will the apps work, i.e. market, gmail, and others?

I know Samsung screwed up with the Behold II but I highly doubt they will mess this up. the Samsung Galaxy S "line" is going to be the TMO Vibrant, AT&T Captive, The full keyboard version on Sprint and I think one more....not sure. This will be something like Verizon and the Droid brand.

They have a lot riding on this. Now, I'm not saying that updates will come quickly.....just like every other Android phone...minus the Nexus One....but I'm sure it will get new updates.

Being a BB and Android fan, I plan on picking this up to accompany my 9700
    06-27-10 06:17 AM
    This phone has a nice super AMOLED display. HTC still makes the best android devices though especially with HTC sense running with the android OS.
    06-27-10 06:34 AM
    I'm not exactly sure, but it is supposed to be a sidekick phone powered by android. it supposed to be called the sidekick twist and might be the htc vision. it is supposed to be on beast of a phone. it is supposed to have 4.3" screen, but rumors are that it

-will run 3.0 os (gingerbread)
    -dual 800mhz processor
    -8 mp camera
    -full slide out keyboard

that is one sweet phone if it hits tmo usa. but again these are all rumors. im sporting the 8100, and im holding out for a phone like this.

too bad BB is still playing around with only 256mb of ram in this day and age.
    T-Mobile owns the copyright to the name "Sidekick" so they can commission any company to make a new varriant of Sidekick. That commissioned device is rumored to be in the testing stage at HTC and to be called the HTC Vision aka Sidekick Twist.
    06-27-10 10:56 AM
    For you cb addicts that have both a bb and an android: do you guys have separate lines for each phone? if you only have one line, what data plan are you using?

I had my 8320 for the last few years and wanted to try out android. do i keep the bb plan or get android? do you know if you have a bb plan and use an android, will the apps work, i.e. market, gmail, and others?
    You have to use Android data for Android devices. BlackBerry data for BlackBerry devices.

Keep the MyTouch Slide you're getting. It was a great upgrade for me coming from the 8900, even more so for you because you're running the 8320.
    06-27-10 04:38 PM

I'm in the same situation. If the rumors are true about the Vision coming to TMO USA, then I want to try Android. Someone told me that you can keep the BB plan but just add the APN settings. I don't know how true that is. Perhaps someone can confirm this. If it's true, sweet. I'm not ready to give up my 9700. Chances are I won't.
    06-28-10 04:48 AM
    I just place my pre-order for the phone today
    06-29-10 09:47 AM
    I'm in the same situation. If the rumors are true about the Vision coming to TMO USA, then I want to try Android. Someone told me that you can keep the BB plan but just add the APN settings. I don't know how true that is. Perhaps someone can confirm this. If it's true, sweet. I'm not ready to give up my 9700. Chances are I won't.
    Your information is true, but the Android data plan is better for Android devices and is preferred. It's the same price as the Blackberry plan though.
    06-29-10 02:58 PM
    06-29-10 06:14 PM
    Why wouldn't they put a flash on the Vibrant? I like having my flash. It's not a deal breaker but still. This phone reminds me of the iPhone though. Is this a wanna-be iPhone?
    06-29-10 08:06 PM
    @K Bear - what wouldn't work on an Android phone with the BB data plan? The only thing I heard was Visual Voicemail wouldn't work. What other features would I be given up by not having an Android data plan?
    06-29-10 08:10 PM
    all I know is it looks sweet, I was playing with one in the store over the weekend
    07-06-10 10:26 AM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD