I have also posted at Android Central but hoping for more answers here. Sorry if asking here is poor forum edicate but I did not get the answers I needed at Android Central

I went to download Opera and they said I needed to download Java. So I went to the Sun site and I could not figure out what to download. Do I download the version for Linux ? and after I download it how will I find it to install ? In addition if I do not like the browser how would I delete it?

Thanks
    02-26-10 06:41 AM
    You cant delete the browser that is defualt on the device unless you "jailbreak" the phone, if its an application you have downloded you can hit the menu > settings > applications > manage applications. Once there you can delete any 3rd pty applications.

And with Opera Mini have you looked in the android market for the browser download?
    02-26-10 07:18 AM
    I dont think opera is yet supported in Android.. But if you want a different browser these 2 are the ones i heard are the best. Dolphin and Steel. I tried Dolphin which I liked because the cache gets saved to your SD card rather then your phone so you won't hog the memory up. I just didnt like it overall because of the gestures... but you might like it give it a try its in the market. Dolphin considers it self like a firefox browser. Firefox on the other hand suppose to release their mobile browser this year on Android....

*edit* i found Opera Mini on the market but it has poor reviews your better off trying Dolpin and Steel im pretty sure you will like on or the other. do you need any help with the phones
    Last edited by Jo_795; 02-26-10 at 10:54 AM.
    02-26-10 10:49 AM
    You cant delete the browser that is defualt on the device unless you "jailbreak" the phone, if its an application you have downloded you can hit the menu > settings > applications > manage applications. Once there you can delete any 3rd pty applications.

And with Opera Mini have you looked in the android market for the browser download?
    It seems strange but I was able to download from Android Market but not from the Opera website. However I am using it and so far I like it.
    02-26-10 11:58 AM
    It seems strange but I was able to download from Android Market but not from the Opera website. However I am using it and so far I like it.
    using what?
    02-26-10 03:48 PM
    Opera Mini I would guess.
    02-26-10 04:00 PM
    using what?
    Opera
    02-26-10 09:27 PM
    Opera
    it had bad reviews i guess ill check it out.. i tried steel i didnt like it.. Dolpin is the next best thing i like but those gestures annoy me.. im looking for a browser that saves cache on the sd card rather then on the phone
    02-27-10 09:39 AM
    Opera Mini is crap. Download Dolphin Browser from the market. It is a million times better if you don't like the stock browser.
    03-04-10 10:42 AM
    it had bad reviews i guess ill check it out.. i tried steel i didnt like it.. Dolpin is the next best thing i like but those gestures annoy me.. im looking for a browser that saves cache on the sd card rather then on the phone
    dolphin you can save the cache to the sd card go into dolphins settings & you'll find a option to make it save the cache to the sd.
    03-05-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD