On November 6th, I purchased the PRIV from a AT&T store by adding a second line. I asked if my Passport could be placed on my new line and the PRIV be placed on my existing line. The sales rep indicated yes and proceeded to remove(pry) open the back of the Passport to swap out the SIM card not realizing the lower portion of the phone was not able to be removed cracking the back of the phone. His resolution was for me to pick out a case in the store and they would offer it to me for free. I declined that offer and the manager said he would direct it to the regional manager. It's been a week and I still do not have a response from the regional manager or the store. I want my phone replaced and it seems that they are not willing to do that. I have contacted the insurance company but they do not have the passport in stock and want to replace it with the classic. Does anyone have any resources or contacts with AT&T that could assist me with this issue. I don't feel that I should have to be with a broken phone or a classic because of the careless act of the sales rep. 611 is not able to assist either since it occurred in a store and have referred me back to the store. It is a corporate store as well and not an authorized reseller. Thanks.
    SAMNINALGA likes this.
    11-13-15 08:02 PM
    file a complaint with the bbb
    ConstantinoMorelli likes this.
    11-13-15 08:25 PM
    I would go back to store and demand that they make this right, by either giving you a new passport or credit your account for the cost of the passport. I would not leave the store until they provided a resolution, even it means having to stay in the store for the whole day.

Also, get the name of the manage and the employee and call AT&T main number in the store and file a complaint with them about the store. Either way you will more than likely **** of the store manager and the employee, so I would avoid going back to store once you get a resolution.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:55 AM
    Start tweeting, start spamming their Facebook. Make it public.

AT&T reps are awful and broke your phone, now they owe you one. Not a different model, the same one. If they can't provide that, then you want the full cost, end of story.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 08:21 AM
    Did they damage your phone with malicious intent?

Where you standing there watching, where you could have spoken up and let them know how to remove the back?

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    11-14-15 08:25 AM

Where you standing there watching, where you could have spoken up and let them know how to remove the back?

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    Regardless, they broke it so they should make it right and that doesn't mean putting a bandaid on it like the case.
    raino likes this.
    11-14-15 08:33 AM
    Call AT&T's customer care

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:54 AM

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    Yes, I was standing in front of him when it occurred. I felt comfortable with him handling the phone since he displayed knowledge of the passport. I did not consider to ask him if has installed a sim card in one before.

11-14-15 08:59 AM
    Yeah 'malicious intent' is irrelevant. Otherwise, a lot of car accident repairs would never happen.

I agree with John Vieira. Start hitting their social media. It's a simple story. You didn't specifically say it, but I assume all of this happened at once, ie, you didn't walk out, notice your phone was broken and then go back. That could be argued, too, but if this all happened in the same visit, the resolution should be a no brainer for them.

If the contact on social media doesn't work, go back into the, store, politely tell them that you're there to get a resolution and if you don't, you're filing a small claims complaint. Be reasonable, look at costs for good condition, used Passports (*maybe* file for the cost of a new one), and take them to court. You'll have to pay the filing fee up front, but that's probably only going to be about a $100, and, not being a lawyer, I'm not sure if you can look to recover those costs in the case, so you might have to eat that.

If you don't rant and rave and act like you rate more than replacement of your broken phone, this seems like a really simple situation that should have been resolved at the store and can easily win a small claims case... if not get resolved with the filing, or threat of filing, one. (Although, you might want to get the form filled out and write the check and *then* go back to the store. They probably have people in there saying they're going to sue them all of the time. (The last time I was in mine, there was guy saying that them cutting off his service when his check 'got lost in the mail' was breach of contract.)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:19 PM
    The manager is stupid. Its his employee's negligence and he has to make a managers decision that time and the issue should have been resolved that day or the next day max. If you requested a monetary settlement they should give that to you especially when you bought it from them. If they are inactive, go to the boss of that manager and personally complain.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:53 PM
    I'm not sure he's actually allowed to sue them. Part of the agreements signed these days waive your right to lawsuits, and you agree to arbitration.

You can still try. And their lawyer probably won't even show up, easy win. But good luck collecting.

If you have issues collecting, take it to the media.

11-15-15 10:28 AM
    I've contacted Customer Care and submitted a complaint against the store and employee. Customer care contacted the store on my behalf and agreed that it should be handled differently and was not satisfied with the response from the store manager. She is escalating the issue to her senior manager. I don't know what is going to become of it but it is a step in the right direction. I did speak with my attorney on Friday and he did say that I should move forward with a small claims suit. Thank you all for your feedback on the situation. I appreciate it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-15 01:26 PM
    I hope everything get sorted out for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:37 PM
    If you really want to get something done, look for the comments address in your bill statement, and send a letter there. It may take a little time, but this goes FAR above the level of store manager. Just word your letter politely and succinctly, and be reasonable with your requests. Also include your AT&T account number for reference. It can be typed; might make it easier to deal with quickly. I dunno.
    11-20-15 12:34 PM
    I think I would pay up to $100 for the pleasure of filing this lawsuit against them. This is unacceptable and it just goes to show that there are maybe many who have suffered from att employees putting in sim cards and damaging the sim holder before you get it. Who is responsible for a flaky damaged sim card holder? You didnt see them do it so it must be your fault! LOL
    11-21-15 09:17 AM
    Sounds like they did a **** poor job teaching employees about the passport because the att version/ all versions of the passport open the Sim/SD slot in the same manner. They are responsible bottom line.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:40 PM
    Situation resolved! My damaged passport was replaced by assurion and my deductible will be credited back to my account. It involved an attorney, several communications with customer care, the district manager and more effort on my part then should have. Thank you all for your responses, much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Zeratul57 like this.
    12-02-15 07:42 PM
    Ok now post up in the parking lot around closing time, watch for the employee to get in his car. Take note of the plate. Go back a week or two later and slash his tires. LoL just kidding...sort of. I'm glad you got it replaced!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:49 PM