here's something i've been wanting to post for a few days, you don't have to read it, i'm just annoyed.

I have been with Rogers for over 10 Years. Always paid my bills on time, always had a phone bill over $75 a month. I have never been given anything.

Similarly my friend who has a telus account for 6 years, has a $80 a month bill, always pays on time, he has had 3 FREE upgrades to the latest and greatest phone (the latest is Storm2) without even asking. He also has has had a $750 bill removed because he didn't realize teathering his phone would cause a issue (*****)

How is that he gets all this stuff, and when i call up Rogers to try to get upgrade to a Bold 2 for 300$, 3 months before I'm eligible, they tell me there is nothing they can do. the CSR's at rogers suggested I talk to retention and threaten to cancel to maybe get a deal.. lol.. what a bunch of donkeys
    02-23-10 06:52 PM
    telus is more professional about who they choose to have telus phones, they wanted 600$ deposit from me where rogers said we want nothing and we give you a better deal on a phone. less than a year into my contract they phoned me with a free hardware upgrade from a se w580i to a bb 8320 curve. with rogers they always tell me its how much you pay into it and yes our phone bill here is over 75$ every month. i like rogers for the fact their customer service has been good to me not the best at times, but also telus does not use gsm/ sim cards which is the better. thanks
    02-23-10 07:26 PM
    Hey try retentions you can always get better deals there than talking to a normal representative. Well if you go with telus and their 3G network if you go in a dead zone your screwed because they don't have edge. Rogers has both 3G and EDGE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 11:00 PM
    To be fair, their 3G is 93% of Canada. There's not too many dead zones.

Also, to sushistew, their 3G+ network (HSPA+) actually does use SIM cards now.
    02-24-10 03:24 AM
    Actually some of the posters here are incorrect. TELUS now uses HSPA sim cards on their new 3G+ network. While true that they do not use GSM, their HSPA network is 3 times larger than Rogers' network so the likelyhood of you going into a dead zone needing 2G is very unlikely in comparison to Rogers.

Cant' really speak much on the differences between the companies upgrade policies though. Luck of the draw and who you get I suppose.
    02-24-10 04:07 AM
    Their HSPA network is definitely not three times the size of Rogers yet. It's a little bigger now, at most 1.5x the size. If I wasn't mobile I'd post their coverage map. Telus' CDMA network is easily 3x the size of Rogers HSPA. Don't get me wrong, I'll sit here and try to convince someone Telus is better than Rogers til the cows come home, but misinformation won't help achieve that.

02-24-10 05:58 AM
    try the retentions dept. I have been with rogers for years and have managed to get a smartphone of some type every 8 months or so.

Good Luck!
    02-24-10 06:43 AM
    I don't understand why calling the retentions department is the solution to every rogers problem. Threaten to quit and you might get what you deserve, rather than, treat your customers the way your competitors do.
    02-24-10 09:27 AM
    Well not many people in winnipeg will port to telus after they release their 3G hspa network. Basically everybody here has like rogers

02-24-10 10:11 AM
    Kryptonite, Telus released their 3G+ HSPA+ network December 1st, 2009. It's already out.
    02-24-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD