I just got off the phone with Rogers. I wanted to get the unlock code for my bb8310 since I am traveling outside of the country and refuse to pay outragous roaming charges. (my last trip, 1 week, was over $400).
    After being transfered around many times and being told it shouldn't be a problem to get the codes and walk me through the procedure to unlock my phone, I was told that Rogers does not give the unlock codes to anyone. The reason being was in 2004 Rogers signed an agreement that it would not provide the codes to anyone....some obscure reason....I told them that I would prefered not to pay someone to get it unlock, and there is no way I was going to pay outrageous roaming charges. The Rep then told me to go to Google and I should got help there, but he can't get me the code....

I am so annoyed with Rogers and their crazy phone/data plans and silly rules. I seriously thinking of swithcing providers.

Enough of my venting... does anyone or has unlock codes and instructions for the BB8310 from Rogers, I'm going away in July and I would like to have my phone unlock before I leave.

thanks

Mrs. S
    06-18-08 07:10 PM
    Not sure if you have seen this sticky in the Curve forum yet or not, but it has wealth of info and instructions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...ructions-1292/
    06-18-08 07:15 PM
    Thanks,
    I looked at the posts and I don't have the code and Rogers won't provide the actual code to enter. I'm not sure where to get the code without paying for it. I might have to break down and pay for the code and that would suck.

Thaks for your quick reply

Mrs.S
    06-18-08 07:24 PM
    You could try gsmphonesource.com.
    06-18-08 07:48 PM
    thank you i will
    06-19-08 03:54 PM
    horizonwirelessonline dot com!
    great price, great service!!
    07-08-08 08:49 AM
    Listen, I just went through the very smae thing. Is your phone by any chance a referb? I know a guy that does all of my phones and he is really the best.
    07-08-08 10:28 AM
    just pay the what $30?? to get it unlocked.... is it not worth saving yourself hours calling rogers and searching around online?

but you have to think why would Rogers provide you with the lock codes? you bought the device for their network.... sure it sucks for international travel but remember thats not rogers ripping you off.. its those European companies that are charging the roaming fees... if they let everyone unlock their phones because claim they are going international.. well why not just sell unlocked phones
    07-09-08 07:51 AM
    just pay the what $30?? to get it unlocked.... is it not worth saving yourself hours calling rogers and searching around online?

but you have to think why would Rogers provide you with the lock codes? you bought the device for their network.... sure it sucks for international travel but remember thats not rogers ripping you off.. its those European companies that are charging the roaming fees... if they let everyone unlock their phones because claim they are going international.. well why not just sell unlocked phones
    $30 is not alot, but how much has the original poster already paid to buy the phone? Oh and then there is that, you buy a phone, this would make it yours to do what you please with it. I can see if you wanted to unlock the phone and use it on another carrier, but in Canada there is no other carrier! So what is Rogers problem? AT&T has no problem handing out the codes, I know because that's how I got mine unlocked.

I think all the owners of Rogers phones and BB's should start a class action suit and force Rogers to give up the codes.
    07-26-08 04:05 PM
    Makes perfect sense to me. Different providers sell different phones. The iPhone for example. Why on earth would rogers want to sell the iPhone, make about 70 dollars on it only to have you take it to a different provider?
    07-29-08 01:43 AM
    I have a refurbished BB8310, can your guy find me the code?
    08-03-08 09:01 AM
    Makes perfect sense to me. Different providers sell different phones. The iPhone for example. Why on earth would rogers want to sell the iPhone, make about 70 dollars on it only to have you take it to a different provider?
    Rogers really don't have that problem, that is not even something they think about. If you unlocked your Rogers phone, where are you going to go, Fido? To date rogers has no GSM competitors.
    08-03-08 10:08 PM
    Hey, I just had my phone unlocked by Neil at theremoteunlocker.com for $10 Canadian (paypal or credit card). He was really fast—I had my code in under 7 minutes—quite professional, and even followed up to make sure everything was working well. I would recommend him for anyone trying to unlock a BB for Fido or Rogers!

--Leia
    08-27-09 03:47 PM
    If your still looking to get it unlocked.. PM me

Thanks
    08-29-09 01:39 PM
    I always wanted an unlocked code.. because everyone else did! lol not understanding it.., but if I don't get one, s'all good! Last night I was reading through BB forums (this one I am posting in... I always read forums, Lol)and saw someone talk about this "Remote Unlocker" I think it was LeiGolore?ore? (sorry!) anyway 0- well.. I clicked it, liked what I saw and went through paypal and paid 10 dollars.

This isn't some spam or advertisement for the company, but seriously it worked. I emailed the request like 9pm last night, and he re-emailed(After confirming the order) the unlock code and process about..3am. Now I WAS asleep, Lol, but when I woke up I followed the steps and Vwola! code accepted phone unlocked. I can't believe the speed of the process, then again I didn't know what an unlock code truley did for you until reading this forum and googling the term last night.. Lol. But i'd recommend him/her 100%

Now if only I knew of this process for when I use to pawn for the Storm.. I wouldn't of Curved, but i'm lovin' it, so s'all good. Maybe Storm2 if Rogers doesn't get it. I\Curve 8900 is my first and ever BB, but I always wanted a Touch - Screen too, annnnywayyy.. it was:

TheRemoteUnlocker
    08-30-09 12:25 PM
    Thank you for the compliments guys!

I really appreciate the kind words

$10 for an unlock code for almost any phone is VERY reasonable I think. Get in touch with me if anyone ever needs anything!!

I should really spend some more time on this forum!
    09-14-09 10:13 PM
    Changing providers wont do anything for you. #1 GSM phones are the only ones that can be unlocked with ease. The only other option you have is a prepaid from like Kodo or Virgin or Bell and Telus which are CDMA and are near impossible to unlock and also even if you did manage to do so,bell will not activate a telus phone because if the ESN does not exsist somewhere in their database it cannot be added nor activated and their programming codes will not work on the phones,same for telus. So maybe you should have though ahead and bought an unlocked phone from EBay or just suck it up and pay to unlock it. What rogers tells you is true,ive been here for several years and they do not train the agents with the codes not will they ever.
    09-17-09 09:31 AM
    Rogers flatly states they will never provide unlock codes. Not sure who you talked to the first time but they were wrong, no unlocking from them.
    09-17-09 11:32 AM
    I recently purchased a AT&T branded Curve 8310 unlocked to use on the Rogers service plan but now I can not use my data plan. Someone said that I needed to download service books in order to use my data plan. Does anyone know how to do this and I do not have any software for this phone either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    09-28-09 10:39 AM
    If your still looking to get it unlocked.. PM me

Thanks
    do you have the code to unlock an at&t 8310?, if you do please email me, my email address is [email protected] you!!
    10-24-09 07:59 PM
    I can unlock it for you as well.
    10-24-09 11:18 PM
    You'll need to get your phone unlocked before using it on Rogers.

Let me know if you need any help
    10-25-09 10:29 AM
    PLs I locked my BB-Curve 8310, and I cn't Unlock because i forgot the lock code....pls i need help....
    07-07-10 04:00 AM
    call cell carrier at the end of the month. reps calls are most like through being recorded. more likely a rep will just give you the unlock code to just get you off the phone!!
    07-07-10 04:07 AM
    Canadian carriers do not give out unlock codes. You can try, but haven't heard of ONE successful story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 05:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD