Just got the following message:

Unfortunately suretap and Rogers Prepaid MasterCard Programs end on 30 April 2016. Recommend spending your balance by then. More info, see bit.ly/1WTzaVL
    Link takes us to a refund page, which goes on to say...

Rogers Prepaid MasterCard

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that the Rogers Prepaid MasterCard Program available in the suretap Wallet will be discontinued effective 30 April, 2016. You may continue to load funds onto the card until 1 April, 2016. We encourage you to spend any remaining balance on the Card by making purchases at any contactless point of sale terminal before 30 April, 2016.

Should you prefer to receive a balance refund by cheque, please complete the form below. Your balance will be refunded by cheque before June 15th, less any applicable card fees as described in the Cardholder Agreement. Please note that promotional funds are not eligible for a refund. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].

suretap Prepaid MasterCard

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that the suretap Prepaid MasterCard Program available in the suretap Wallet will be discontinued effective 30 April, 2016.* You may continue to load funds onto the card until 1 April, 2016. We encourage you to spend any remaining balance on the Card by making purchases at any contactless point of sale terminal before 30 April, 2016.

Should you prefer to receive a balance refund by cheque, please complete the form below. Your balance will be refunded by cheque before June 15th, less any applicable card fees as described in the Cardholder Agreement. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].
    The ****ty part is the cardholder agreement says you would have to pay a $15 fee to get your account balance paid back by cheque, so they're ending the program, and the only way you get your money back is by giving them $15.

Eff Rogers

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:13 PM
    Totally agree with the eff Rogers part. But see if your bank does tap payments as well.

With RBC droid version I can use credit or debit. With no extra fees.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Rogers Suretap ending?-51510.jpg  
    03-01-16 12:54 PM
    How are you managing to get the RBC Droid app to work? I get the "Requires Google Play Services" message, then the app quits. Is there a patched version out there? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 01:10 PM
    I am so disheartened. I feel like the wheels are coming off. As soon as the PRIV drops in price at Rogers, I'm making the switch from my Z30. I really liked this app.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 01:23 PM
    How are you managing to get the RBC Droid app to work? I get the "Requires Google Play Services" message, then the app quits. Is there a patched version out there? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. I'm using a priv. The bb10 version does everything except tap payments.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-16 01:32 PM