about to buy out a bb 9700, then unlock and use on telus, but how is rogers' return policy with defective phones? and will they still deal with you if your not on their network?

If they wont do anything than its worth the extra $50 for me to get it from telus....
    11-13-09 10:53 AM
    If your a Rogers customer, you have 1 year warranty. If not it is pretty much curb side warranty. You deal with RIM, send them your defective phone and they will send one back refurbished or repaired.
    11-13-09 02:22 PM
    thats pretty gay , what if i buy it under my brothers account? but well be buying 2 of them. lol one for me one for him...
    11-13-09 02:28 PM
    wont make a difference lol
    11-13-09 02:41 PM
    warranty goes like this: you buy device from rogers, has 1 year warranty fr RIM..if it craps out in the first 30 days, you get a new one. after 30, before 365, refurb. unlocking voids the warranty.
    11-13-09 08:08 PM
    there's also a limit on talk time and data usage within the 30 day return policy
    11-13-09 09:24 PM
    warranty goes like this: you buy device from rogers, has 1 year warranty fr RIM..if it craps out in the first 30 days, you get a new one. after 30, before 365, refurb. unlocking voids the warranty.
    Unlocking DOES NOT void the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 10:32 PM
    there's also a limit on talk time and data usage within the 30 day return policy
    that's only for return a phone and canceling the contract... For example if a new customer buys a Rogers phone and say in 15 days they don't like it or move or whatever the reason, if they are under the voice and data cap, then they can return the phone and cancel the contract with no charges....
    But if the phone has warrenty issues ie) a trackball is stuck and its in the first 30 days, you take it to a Rogers store and they will do an over the country exchange, after 30 days it gets mailed to RIM and you get a refurb device (which is as good if not better than a new one!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 10:36 PM
    It's 30 mins. or less or 15 days or less and no limit on the data usage. Not 30 days.

11-14-09 12:09 PM
    im not on rogers though, will they check my data/phone usage with telus to figure that out?
    11-14-09 02:22 PM
    im not on rogers though, will they check my data/phone usage with telus to figure that out?
    Call Telus, tell them you want to buy the phone from them but you can get it cheaper from Rogers - they'll likely give you some kind of credit on your account to make up for the $50 difference you have to pay for the phone - would make things a lot easier in the long run
    11-14-09 05:42 PM
    They can see on the phone how much data/minutes were used.
    11-14-09 09:49 PM
    Call Telus, tell them you want to buy the phone from them but you can get it cheaper from Rogers - they'll likely give you some kind of credit on your account to make up for the $50 difference you have to pay for the phone - would make things a lot easier in the long run
    Yes, give Telus a call and demand it that you want it for 600 (how much it is for Rogers with no term). If they say no, say that Rogers is only 600 and you'll buy it from Rogers instead and not from Telus. A little threat buying from a competitor in the cellphone world works most of the time.
    11-14-09 11:45 PM
    just did that and theyre crediting me 3 months of my plan (min's only) which is $60. .

thanks for the tip
    11-15-09 12:54 AM
    It's 30 mins. or less or 15 days or less and no limit on the data usage. Not 30 days.
    i said within the 30 days...not 30 days of talk time
    11-17-09 09:40 PM
    thanks for the input but im just gonna buy it from telus, they offered to give me 3 months credit on my next bill (amounts to $60 off) so i guess its just easier to get it from my own carrier. and i dont think the rogers one has the hspa bands?
    11-17-09 09:44 PM
    You didn't read what I posted, I didn't say 30 days of talk time.

I said, you only have 30 mins. or less and must be within 15 days.

i said within the 30 days...not 30 days of talk time
    11-18-09 09:03 AM
    You obviously haven't done much research. Rogers was the first carrier to offer the HSPA

thanks for the input but im just gonna buy it from telus, they offered to give me 3 months credit on my next bill (amounts to $60 off) so i guess its just easier to get it from my own carrier. and i dont think the rogers one has the hspa bands?
    11-18-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD