Hi everyone. My 3 year contract with rogers just finished a month ago and i want to switch to a blackberry plan. Will rogers retention offer me a deal even though my contract has already ended? (im still using the same plan as before but it is just month-to-month.

Also if they would offer me a retention plan, what case do i make, should i say that i have been a loyal customer or something?

Thanks
    11-06-09 08:22 PM
    i would assume they would as your out of contract and retentions is used to keep people.
    11-06-09 09:26 PM
    ok thanks , so should i tell them i want to cancel my service (and then hope they offer me a good deal) or should i just say i want a new contract and ask if they can give me a deal?
    11-06-09 10:19 PM
    Hi everyone. My 3 year contract with rogers just finished a month ago and i want to switch to a blackberry plan. Will rogers retention offer me a deal even though my contract has already ended? (im still using the same plan as before but it is just month-to-month.

Also if they would offer me a retention plan, what case do i make, should i say that i have been a loyal customer or something?

Thanks
    Go to Bell and get the absolute best deal you can for both the device and the monthly plan on paper, as you would be a new customer to them, then go back to rogers retentions (just tell them you want to cancel, and they will transfer you) and see if they can beat it. In my case they couldn't come close and and I jumped to Bell after ~12 years with Rogers. Bell is the hot ticket right now with their "new" network and are offering good pricing on many of the same models as Rogers (and no i don't work for Bell ).
    11-06-09 10:47 PM
    I would call Rogers tell them you've been with them for X amount of years, you love their service and all that jazz but because of the economy you are now looking for the best deal out there. Ask them what they can offer you in exchange for a new 3 year contract. Act polite and calm, if you don't like what they say just tell them that you will continue to shop and will call back to port your number to the new carrier.
    I've renegotiated my contract after 3 months just because of the recession and no matter who you are talking to, everyone understands that a cell phone is not a necessity, it's a luxury
    11-09-09 01:06 PM
    Yes I agree with the other people here, your best shot is to call Rogers and explain your situation, tell them you had called Bell and Telus and they are offering good bb plans but you want to continue with Rogers and I'm sure they will be able to help you out.
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to call sometime this week when i have a chance.
    11-10-09 06:22 PM
    hey, i just wanted to let you know what i got from retentions. I think its pretty sweet:
    $35/month
    200 minutes
    unlimited eveneings and weekends (9pm)
    500 mb
    MY 5 - anywhere in canada
    call display
    voicemail
    1000 text messages

and the blackberry curve 8900 for $79.99
    thanks for all the help!! usually this plan is 50 dollars without the 1000 texts, voicemail and call display
    11-14-09 12:56 PM
    Wow - that's an amazing deal. Better than mine.

11-15-09 05:05 PM
    I am just curious if you get a retentions deal on a 3 year contract. When the contract is done do you get to keep the deal, basically is the plan you get is the plan you have forever?
    11-16-09 11:12 PM
    If you don't care about contracts, say you want to speak to "customer relations", say bell/telus is offering you___(make it up,but don't be too greedy) they'll hem and haw, typically meet you half way at minimum. I know people with 1700min/mnth,unlim eve/wknd @6, 6gb data, voicemail,caller I'd,missed calls,unlim text all for about $150 everything in(sometimes even a new phone). If they don't do it, call back and repeat. Is it unethical? **** no, its business, and considering canada is #2 in the world for premium wireless prices, and afterall you've been a good customer, you deserve a break right?

11-21-09 06:50 PM
    yes. i totally agree with the above comment.

i called in using the polite loyal customer route on november 3. i was content with what i got. that's the main thing. are you going to be happy with your plan or are you going to be embarassed to tell others what you got.
    11-21-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD