11-12-15 05:06 AM
951 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Well, I might as well throw a question up here.

I currently have a Blackberry Pearl (8100), and I'm not under contract, but I'm wondering what the best possible plan would be for a student. Because I am paying the $25 plan for the 250 minutes + $15 (Smartphone Pack) + $30 (BIS-1GB), Now I go to High School, so I don't think I am eligible to have one of the Student Price Plans, however I'm just trying to figure out my options and see if I can get anything cheaper.

Thanks.
    10-17-08 12:55 PM

I currently have a Blackberry Pearl (8100), and I'm not under contract, but I'm wondering what the best possible plan would be for a student. Because I am paying the $25 plan for the 250 minutes + $15 (Smartphone Pack) + $30 (BIS-1GB), Now I go to High School, so I don't think I am eligible to have one of the Student Price Plans, however I'm just trying to figure out my options and see if I can get anything cheaper.

Thanks.
    other than dropping to the $25 500 MB plan you aren't going to get any cheaper...

What does your $25 plan include?
    10-17-08 01:18 PM

Thanks.
    Since you're in high school, you CAN have a student price plan. PM me and you can give me the details of where you go to school and I'll set everything up for you.
    10-17-08 05:01 PM
    My $25 plan only covers 250 minutes, thats it. Because I have a contract with another Bell phone that I have yet to buy out, I'm not going to get another contract for a while. (Because Rogers has some great plans, but only if you have a contract)
    I can't really afford to have the data plan I have, but I do anyway.
    10-17-08 07:07 PM
    Hi I am with rogers, I own a blackberry pearl and just bout second hand a blackberry curve with gps. All info had been wiped from phone but I am getting emails that are not for me. How do I change this? Thanks.
    10-20-08 11:23 AM
    Hi I am with rogers, I own a blackberry pearl and just bout second hand a blackberry curve with gps. All info had been wiped from phone but I am getting emails that are not for me. How do I change this? Thanks.
    You should call into Rogers Blackberry Tech Support at 1-866-931-3282 and let them know.

What is probably happening is the original user of that device has probably not removed the BIS email from that PIN.
    10-20-08 11:59 AM
    I work for Future Shop Cellular, I deal with Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell, Koodo and Virgin.. shoot me a question if ya need as well.
    10-23-08 05:18 PM
    I'm coming up to Montreal for a few days this november, with a prepaid Rogers SIM Card.

Will I be able to browse using Opera Mini, paying per kb/mb, or am I out of luck?
    10-28-08 04:21 PM
    I'm coming up to Montreal for a few days this november, with a prepaid Rogers SIM Card.

Will I be able to browse using Opera Mini, paying per kb/mb, or am I out of luck?
    I'm going to say no (but I could be wrong, someone correct me if I'm wrong) as Blackberrys are not made available for sale to prepaid customers and as such, do not support blackberry data. Possibly the $7 unlimited mobile browsing option might work but that usually applies to regular voice-capable phones.
    10-28-08 08:26 PM
    I used to have a prepaid plan on my Blackberry (before I found its full potential), now Rogers does allow browsing, but can become quite costly, at $0.05 per web page visited, you could run up $2 just checking your mail.
    10-28-08 09:16 PM
    I used to have a prepaid plan on my Blackberry (before I found its full potential), now Rogers does allow browsing, but can become quite costly, at $0.05 per web page visited, you could run up $2 just checking your mail.
    And we have our answer! Possible, but expensive. Net cafe at $2 an hour would give you more browsing time lols.
    10-28-08 11:13 PM
    I currently work six different lines for rogers including corp hardware upgrades, order inquiry and consumer direct upgrades. While not every call is a pleasure, try telling someone who has waited two weeks that somebody else is using their new bold, it has been a positive experience this last year. Don't know much about the price plans or tech issues but I can tell people that UPS has lost their phone faster than the average bear. If a Calgary rep who likes to discuss music and do upgrades on thanksgiving is on here hello to you and all Rogers dealers. Hope sales central is treating you well and please go easy on corp Hup as there is two new training classes coming on the floor now. Besides HUP 5 is coming soon and who knows how that will work?
    10-30-08 07:30 PM
    is the storm coming to rogers at all because i would perfer to stay with them
    10-31-08 06:31 PM
    I'm looking to purchase a BB Bold from Rogers. What I was wondering however, was some insight on the data plans. Looking at them on the website confuses me. I understand the difference between BIS and BES, but what is the difference between 1 GB of Email and Internet Use, and just 1 GB. The latter is $30 a month cheaper, and seems that it would apply to IM and other stuff as well.
    I was also hoping that I could get some help choosing the right plan.
    About 150 anytime would do.
    Will need at least 300 texts a month.
    Call Display (Who knows when you need to screen calls )
    I will be using Facebook, checking E-mails, instant messaging. Probably some web browsing too.
    I'm over on the west coast, in Abbotsford, so if there is anyone on here local to that area it would be nice to get some insight.
    Another question, since my school has wireless internet, if I connected to it on my BB, would I still get charged for it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I was looking at the website, and the $15 smartphone value pack looks like a steal. It covers most things I need.
    Now I just need info regarding the data plans.
    Also, if there is 250 anytime minutes for $25 dollars, could I get a 150 anytime minute plan for $15?
    If I could get 150 anytime for $15, the $15 value pack, alls that's left is data.

Second EDIT - I looked and I realised I would not be able to get that $300 discount unless I purchased the Voice and Data plan... What a bummer.
    Last edited by Zankras; 11-01-08 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Info
    11-01-08 12:01 AM
    Quick question to a Rogers Rep:

#1. Is it possible to buy phones in bulk from Rogers at a discounted price? I wanted to buy several blackberry bolds, but not sure if they do this or not.

#2. From my understanding, Rogers provides a HW Up after min. 1 year. Is this actually true, or are there exceptions that can be made?

Any help would be appreciated
    11-02-08 02:25 PM
    I'm looking to purchase a BB Bold from Rogers. What I was wondering however, was some insight on the data plans. Looking at them on the website confuses me. I understand the difference between BIS and BES, but what is the difference between 1 GB of Email and Internet Use, and just 1 GB. The latter is $30 a month cheaper, and seems that it would apply to IM and other stuff as well.
    I was also hoping that I could get some help choosing the right plan.
    About 150 anytime would do.
    Will need at least 300 texts a month.
    Call Display (Who knows when you need to screen calls )
    I will be using Facebook, checking E-mails, instant messaging. Probably some web browsing too.
    I'm over on the west coast, in Abbotsford, so if there is anyone on here local to that area it would be nice to get some insight.
    Another question, since my school has wireless internet, if I connected to it on my BB, would I still get charged for it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I was looking at the website, and the $15 smartphone value pack looks like a steal. It covers most things I need.
    Now I just need info regarding the data plans.
    Also, if there is 250 anytime minutes for $25 dollars, could I get a 150 anytime minute plan for $15?
    If I could get 150 anytime for $15, the $15 value pack, alls that's left is data.

Second EDIT - I looked and I realised I would not be able to get that $300 discount unless I purchased the Voice and Data plan... What a bummer.
    Depending on what your going to do with your blackberry, do you really need a bold? I have a BB Pearl 8120 and its just perfect. The difference between a 1GB Email & Internet and just the 1GB is nothing. If I was you, I would choose the $30 for 1GB plan (Not the Flex Rate plan), because unless you run a serious business or you do some intense surfing and downloading, you won't need a Flex Rate Plan. Plus, I have the $30 for 1GB, and the most I have ever used is 300MB, and I have my MSN on all day and message during school, etc. Now lets say you got the 8120 or the Bold, they both have WiFi. You are able to connect to the wireless Internet, however not all applications will work using WiFi, you are able to use the browser, check email and use such programs as JiveTalk, but there are very few applications for Blackberry's that actually capable of using the WiFi connection
    Last edited by twistedwaffle; 11-02-08 at 02:43 PM.
    11-02-08 02:38 PM
    "From my understanding, Rogers provides a HW Up after min. 1 year. Is this actually true, or are there exceptions that can be made?"

On regular consumer accnts you must wait 12 months to do a hardware upgrade or HUP as we call it. Corp accnts can do a HUP after 6 months but pay an early upgrade fee of 10.00 per month for the remaining months on their renewal window. Depending on what the individual companies negotiate with Rogers that could be anywhere from 12 months to 18 months or a 24 month term. Now on reg consumer accnts with multi lines the first line to upgrade uses all the revenue on the accnt so the next upgrade is done at full price (excluding promo price). On corp accnts that is different as all lines receive the same pricing on hardware that is determined by the company code. BTW, new promo price from rogers on the bold, 199.99 on 3yr if voice and data add up to 45.00$. Regular consumer get this price via 50.00$ mail i rebate whereas corp accnts have the price of 199.99 with ou mail in rebate as they don't qualify for the mail in rebate program.
    11-02-08 08:28 PM
    Oh I don't need a Blackberry at all. I just want one.
    And I think I am going to go with the Student 25 Bundle, $15 Smartphone Value Pack, and the $15 Unlimited E-mail and Instant Messaging. I can do all the surfing I want on WiFi because I will rarely be somewhere without it.
    11-02-08 10:09 PM
    Quick question to a Rogers Rep:

#1. Is it possible to buy phones in bulk from Rogers at a discounted price? I wanted to buy several blackberry bolds, but not sure if they do this or not.

#2. From my understanding, Rogers provides a HW Up after min. 1 year. Is this actually true, or are there exceptions that can be made?

Any help would be appreciated
    It is very well possible to buy them in bulk but discounted price is up to the dealer.

Hardware upgrades are after min. 1 year and there are certain exceptions such as the $10 per month for each month left until eligibility.
    11-03-08 01:22 AM
    Hi,

Didn't see it on the Rogers press release, so does anyone know the no contract price for the Pearl flip?

I had heard somewhere around $349??

Thanks

Mark
    11-03-08 09:55 AM
    "Depending on what the individual companies negotiate with Rogers that could be anywhere from 12 months to 18 months or a 24 month term.
    Actually, the 12, 18, and 24 are not terms for the upgrades, but are when they are fully eligible. A corporate account can upgrade every 6 months; however, they will be charged a pre-upgrade fee of $10/month up to the fully eligible date which can be either 12, 18, or 24 months since the last upgrade or activation date.

The upgrade terms are the same as consumer, you can do monthly, 1, 2, or 3 and the prices for data devices do not change as per different corporate aggreements.

Hi,

Didn't see it on the Rogers press release, so does anyone know the no contract price for the Pearl flip?

I had heard somewhere around $349??

Thanks

Mark
    I would say more around the $450-$550 range, but I am not 100% on this, but seeing how much the pearl/curve/bold go for, I would assume this to be close.

It is launching for $49.99 on the 3 yr promo pricing
    11-03-08 07:24 PM
    BTW, new promo price from rogers on the bold, 199.99 on 3yr if voice and data add up to 45.00$. Regular consumer get this price via 50.00$ mail i rebate whereas corp accnts have the price of 199.99 with ou mail in rebate as they don't qualify for the mail in rebate program.
    I just got a HUP to the Bold and renewed for 3yr yesterday, but I had to pay $299! Can I get a credit? Also, when do the new "your choice" plans become available?
    11-04-08 10:08 AM
    I just got a HUP to the Bold and renewed for 3yr yesterday, but I had to pay $299! Can I get a credit? Also, when do the new "your choice" plans become available?
    You can try to get the credit
    11-05-08 01:29 PM
    First of all for corporate accounts the corp code does determine the term or upgrade schedule the account or every line on it has. and yes that corp code can and very often decide the price of the device. If someone is on a company code with lots of revenue they can beat promo pricing on any phone but the Iphone plus it dictates whether there is adminstsation fees applied. As for regular consumer accounts it's simply 12 month, either your eligb or not, not such thing as a consumer preup, No such thing as monthly on consumer, not sure what you mean by 1 2 or 3.?
    11-06-08 08:23 PM
    Oh as to the credit it's worth a try but the department I work in says no, pricing is on the day orders are placed, now if the price were to go up would still expect to pay the price quoted when the order was placed right?

As to pricing on 8220 promo if voice and data = or greater 45.00 50.00 corp and 100.00 reg consumer with 50.00 mail in rebate. This is a great deal on 3yr term as it uses same software as bold, it's not a 3G but is still leaps better than original pearl. Stores have stock so go look at them....
    Last edited by jaydee_42; 11-06-08 at 08:31 PM. Reason: adding info
    11-06-08 08:26 PM
951 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD