TenOfZero

Thank you for your comments. That does make more sense, "Just buy 2 8Gb cards and a nice coffee from starbucks" when you think about the price. Again, thank you for your assistance.
    11-24-09 09:34 PM
    Really, nobody can help me understand this? What happened to all the experts on here? lol

I only get to see the bill, I cannot make changes to it, (work pays).

Used to show this on the bill: (this was to my understanding, the 7 MB plan.)

Corp. Blackberry & Voice Plan 65.00
    Text Messaging 2.00
    Unlimited Evn/Wkend Option 12.50
    Savings: Eve & Wknd Option Cr -5.00
    Call Display 0.00
    Company Calling Option 0.00
    9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee 0.50
    System Access Fee 6.95
    Corporate Basic Voicemail 0.00

I just noticed the bill now shows:

Corp. 250 Unlimited Eve/Wknds 25.00
    BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 1GB 30.00 - Does this mean I now have 1GB instead of the 7MB ?
    Text Messaging 2.00 - Also, what does this mean?? how many texts can you send for $2.00 ?
    Savings: Eve & Wknd Option Cr -4.00
    Savings: Corporate Discount 20% -2.00
    Call Display 0.00
    System Access Fee 6.95

If so, what would be included? email, sms, web, IM etc

Thanks
    MikeyB
    11-26-09 07:01 AM
    Really, nobody can help me understand this? What happened to all the experts on here? lol
    Well, you had text messaging for 2$ before so I would asume that is the same, and yes I would say you ahve 1GB of data now.
    11-26-09 06:19 PM
    Are there new BES data packages or Flex rates available for Rogers? I looked at the Rogers website and couldn't find any info.
    11-27-09 01:13 PM
    Tried to google it and really could not find anything, hopefully a rogers rep will come along and will help you with this :-)
    11-27-09 06:06 PM
    TenOfZero

Thank you for comments. The cost are as follows.
    ScanDisk 8Gb, Class 2 (SDSDQ-8192-C11M) - $30
    Lexar 8Gb Class 4 (LSDMI8GBASBNAA) - $65
    These prices are from Future Shop.
    Don't purchase from Futureshop.
    Better deals to be had eslewhere.

e.g. SIG Electronics, Digital Memory, Kingston MicroSD HC Class4 8GB with SD Card Adapter, kingston microSDHC, kingston microSD, microSD 8GB, microSDHC 8GB
    11-30-09 10:30 AM
    I only get to see the bill, I cannot make changes to it, (work pays).

Used to show this on the bill: (this was to my understanding, the 7 MB plan.)

Corp. Blackberry & Voice Plan 65.00
    Text Messaging 2.00
    Call Display 0.00
    System Access Fee 6.95

I just noticed the bill now shows:

Corp. 250 Unlimited Eve/Wknds 25.00
    BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 1GB 30.00 - Does this mean I now have 1GB instead of the 7MB ?
    Text Messaging 2.00 - Also, what does this mean?? how many texts can you send for $2.00 ?
    Savings: Corporate Discount 20% -2.00
    Call Display 0.00
    System Access Fee 6.95

If so, what would be included? email, sms, web, IM etc

Thanks
    MikeyB
    $2 Text is 125 texts
    $30 1GB means you now have 1GB not 7MB.
    Also to be clear to the other readers, not everyone can get a plan such as this one as you can see it is labeled a coroprate plan. YOu can talk to a sales rep/dealer if they have something similar for your company though.

Hey,
    I have the 30$ BB value plan. Is there anything else I can do other than the things listed? (MSN, AIM, Yahoo IM, Google Talk, Email, and BBM)

Can I use facebook mobile aswell, or any other things such as news on the go, or scores with this value plan?
    Thanks

The $30 BB value plan includes:
    Call Display with Name Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    Unlimited Text
    Unlimited MMS
    Personal Email on BlackBerry (MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk, Email, BBM)
    Voicemail to Text

Not sure about Facebook.
    Last edited by hsumra; 11-30-09 at 05:15 PM.
    11-30-09 05:09 PM
    Are there new BES data packages or Flex rates available for Rogers? I looked at the Rogers website and couldn't find any info.
    BES plans are $40 for 7MB, $45 for 1GB, $75 for 3GB.
    The Fles Rate plan is $45 for 500 MB then tiered: tier 1 $45 for 500MB, tier 2 $50 for 1GB, teir 3 $65 for 2GB, tier 4 $80 for 3GB, tier 5$100 for 5GB. 3� per MB for over 5 GB.
    11-30-09 05:23 PM
    Striker317

I did not end up getting the MicroSDHC Memory Card from Futureshop.
    I purchased a ScanDisk 16Gb Card for $75 from a different store.
    Also, I love the Bold 9700, purchased last Friday. Cheers.
    12-01-09 05:17 PM
    Thanks hsumra,

I noticed your location, my son just moved out to New WestMinster.

Cheers.
    12-03-09 12:02 PM
    Thanks hsumra,

I noticed your location, my son just moved out to New WestMinster.

Cheers.
    Happy to help where I can
    12-03-09 05:59 PM
    Does anyone know if I can buy a Rogers phone when I'm on the phone with my Fido CSR? I want to know if I can get a discount on a Rogers phone through Fido.. you know cause Fido is owned by Rogers.
    12-03-09 06:55 PM
    Does anyone know if I can buy a Rogers phone when I'm on the phone with my Fido CSR? I want to know if I can get a discount on a Rogers phone through Fido.. you know cause Fido is owned by Rogers.
    Thats not posible. However you can just pay 7-15$ to get it unlocked and use it with Rogers (I think some Fido phones even work with ROgers without unlocking but don't quote me on that one)
    12-04-09 07:03 PM
    Are you still working with Rogers? I have some questions about my contract and what it would cost me to get into a 8900 or 9700.
    12-07-09 11:36 AM
    I have a BBFlip Pearl and in 8 months, this will be my third phone. This phone is garbage. Always the same problem. It starts rebooting unexpectedly, error 523. Have to reload the software constantly. My warranty is up in another 4 months and I don't want them to replace it with yet another BBFlip Pearl. I want to upgrade to a different phone. I don't mind paying a bit extra to do it but when I called in this time they said the only deal they could give me is aprox $400-500 for a new phone because I don't qualify for a hardware upgrade yet. This phone is horrible and they sold it to me knowing that. This problem is documented all over the web. They know it's going to totally die before my warranty and contract end and that's what they're banking on. Who do I call and what do I say to get a different (better) phone. Like I said before, I'm willing to pay the difference in price on another 3 year contract but I'm certainly not willing to pay $400-$500 for a new phone. If I wanted to pay that much I would have bought the phone outright with no contract at all. I have 2 phones on contract with Rogers and my bill is ALWAYS paid in full and on time. Please help, suggestions?

Thanks,
    12-10-09 09:10 AM
    I have a BBFlip Pearl and in 8 months, this will be my third phone. This phone is garbage. Always the same problem. It starts rebooting unexpectedly, error 523. Have to reload the software constantly. My warranty is up in another 4 months and I don't want them to replace it with yet another BBFlip Pearl. I want to upgrade to a different phone. I don't mind paying a bit extra to do it but when I called in this time they said the only deal they could give me is aprox $400-500 for a new phone because I don't qualify for a hardware upgrade yet. This phone is horrible and they sold it to me knowing that. This problem is documented all over the web. They know it's going to totally die before my warranty and contract end and that's what they're banking on. Who do I call and what do I say to get a different (better) phone. Like I said before, I'm willing to pay the difference in price on another 3 year contract but I'm certainly not willing to pay $400-$500 for a new phone. If I wanted to pay that much I would have bought the phone outright with no contract at all. I have 2 phones on contract with Rogers and my bill is ALWAYS paid in full and on time. Please help, suggestions? What are my options here?

Thanks,
    12-10-09 09:11 AM
    My bf currently has an iphone with a 6gb data plan. He wants to buy another phone, but can he still use the same data plan? I guess what I am asking is, would Rogers know that he is no longer using the Iphone? He is getting an unlocked phone.
    12-16-09 11:34 AM
    My bf currently has an iphone with a 6gb data plan. He wants to buy another phone, but can he still use the same data plan? I guess what I am asking is, would Rogers know that he is no longer using the Iphone? He is getting an unlocked phone.
    It's no problem, I did the same thing and it's fine, the plan works on all phone except for blackberry's where you need a special blackberry plan.
    12-16-09 02:17 PM
    TenOfZero do you think Rogers is going to lower the price of the 9700 to compete with WIND's outright price of $450?
    12-17-09 02:49 PM
    I don't think they will, really Roger's wants you on a plan so they can guarantee some revenue for the future. Selling unlocked phones for them is more of a way to make some extra money on people who want to upgrade early or who don't want a contract. But even then most of the goods plan require a minimum 1Yr contract.
    12-19-09 12:08 PM
    I am with Rogers and have a Curve 8320, purchased through ebay unlocked. Signed up for my data plan and...nothing. Well not nothing, just can't get to EDGE network...stuck on edge and that is getting to me. I am told by the Reps I've spoken to that either RIM has blocked it because my phone is stolen or my SIM card is damaged. Anyone know the facts here. I can use the browser, but no PIN messaging and no APPs work including App world. Someone throw me a bone here.
    12-19-09 07:17 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan ? Regular data plans will allow you to browse but not BBM etc.., however it should still be EDGE not edge. However on edge I don't think the browser should work either, are you connected to WI-FI ? Do you have a friend with a smart phone, stick your SIM in their phone to see if it works.

Also, make sure you pair your PIN with your BIS account Redirect to the right page
    12-19-09 09:56 PM
    Tried my card in other phones and it's fine, other people's card in mine and still nothing. Word is, it might be my Blackberry. I can't register my phone on this link either.
    12-20-09 03:03 PM
    Tried my card in other phones and it's fine, other people's card in mine and still nothing. Word is, it might be my Blackberry. I can't register my phone on this link either.
    It may very well have it's PIN blocked due to it having ben stolen. I would call rogers and ask them if it;ps on their black list. If it was purchased via paypal I think you can get your money back, file a claim with them.
    12-21-09 03:41 PM
    Hello all
    Just wondering which company Rogers uses for their Wireless Credit Check, I know my score both with Equifax and Trans Union, both are good, but my equifax is a lot better. Anyone know which company rogers uses?

Also curious as to what is Rogers Minimum score for not having to have a deposit, FYI I have no outstanding bills or collections on my account, everything is and has been in good standing.

Thanks in advance for any help

I tried posting this seperatly, just looking for a little help from someone who works at Rogers, and knows the process, appreciate the help to all ! Looking forward to getting into a new Blackberry!
    12-22-09 07:06 PM
951 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD