Hi Guys,

Any of you reps out there know when TeleNav will be available for the Bold 9700. Rogers tech support didn't really have any clear answer.
    11-05-09 09:04 AM
    Hey Rogers reps,

If Able buys out the existing contract of Baker (for whatever reason) but they have a mutual agreement that Baker keeps his phone number, would Rogers allow that? Am I correct to assume Baker must go on MTM or PAYG to prevent his phone number from being circulated back into the database?
    11-07-09 02:29 AM
    Hey Rogers reps,

If Able buys out the existing contract of Baker (for whatever reason) but they have a mutual agreement that Baker keeps his phone number, would Rogers allow that? Am I correct to assume Baker must go on MTM or PAYG to prevent his phone number from being circulated back into the database?

You can't do that, sorry... If you want to keep your numbers you keep your contract or pay a cancellation fee.

I think it's a system thing that won't allow it... you can't trasnfer contracts/agreements.
    11-09-09 01:32 PM
    i'm a rogers blackberry tech support rep..i haven't seen a set in stone date for the 9700 yet, but i do know we don't have the handheld code for the 8520 on our tech support site...desktop manager 5.0 creates intellisync errors for the 8520 as of today, i spent over an hour on the phone with a guy today because the 5.0 DTM gave him an intellisync error, so i cleared out his intellisync folder then uninstalled DTM 5.0, and put 4.7 in it's place, reconfigured the sync and he was good...
    Hey rickyboo - what's the story with the lack of support for UMA on the new Bold 9700?? The phone supports the service, but Roger's hasn't enabled it on its network. Is this a temporary thing, or a permanant decision? There are lots of Rogers clients out there that need UMA and would like to upgrade from 2G phone to a 3G phone, but right now Rogers doesn't have any 3G phones with UMA... Is it because Rogers needs to upgrade something on its network?

Any insight you can offer would be very helpful.
    11-10-09 08:59 AM
    If I have a contacts name, number, and picture stored in my bb shouldn't it show up when they call regardless if I subscribe to call display?
    11-10-09 10:58 AM
    If I have a contacts name, number, and picture stored in my bb shouldn't it show up when they call regardless if I subscribe to call display?
    How would your phone know that they are calling when there is no call display? It can't! Without call display they will all show up as Unknown or whatever.

If you have call display they will show as whatever they have set their user name with Rogers or what you have them saved as in your phone's address book.
    11-10-09 11:03 AM
    Can anyone tell me how much discount Rogers employees get? I have a friend who works for Fido customer service but she doesn't actually have a plan with Fido so she seems to think she can't buy Rogers/Fido phones outright with a discount, but I thought I either heard/read on here or somewhere else that they get 50% off, is this true? Because I would really like it if she could get me a BB at half price.
    11-11-09 11:13 PM
    OviFan, I;m not 100% sure but I think they ahve to use it for themselves, if they see the IMEI pop up on an other account right after she buys it, she might get in trouble.
    11-13-09 11:27 AM
    Damn, alright thanks TenOfZero, I've been wanting this phone for sooooo long, and was hoping to win a 9700 in the CB contest. Now I'm stuck waiting until I find someone nice enough to sell me a phone cheaper or till I save enough to buy it from Rogers.. which won't be for another couple of months.
    11-13-09 09:37 PM
    just wondering if theres a way to convince rogers that i need a new bb before the 2 year smartphone upgrade policy is up?
    11-14-09 08:29 AM
    just wondering if theres a way to convince rogers that i need a new bb before the 2 year smartphone upgrade policy is up?
    i doubt it, BUT it doesn't hurt to try! try phoning in it won't hurt
    11-14-09 08:39 AM
    i did call a very helpful customer rep last week, and she informed me based on my revenue, i could get another berry, but because i have a year to go before i qualify, all i can get would be regular handsets, not smartphones. i figured there might be a "higher authority" i could appeal to? lol
    11-14-09 08:51 AM
    ahh nvm.. just read anthoer thread, apparently im not alone in my frustation...dammit
    11-14-09 09:00 AM
    deal with retentions...

talking nicely works wonders...signed up with rogers last nov 16 with a bb...upgraded to a bold last friday...rec'd it on Monday...and loving every second with it!
    11-14-09 08:10 PM
    Retentions? How do I get hold of them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 10:41 AM
    I want another BOLD 9000 .... i WANT another bold 9000

Anyone selling one for cheap ... like $100.00 i will buy it as long as it is all working and not BARRED from any service providers.

I love my Bold 9000, i want another one.... no contract.

Message me.... PM me here.
    11-17-09 07:18 AM
    Hi,
    I am looking at the basic $50 Blackberry (personal) plan.
    About 1/2 way down....in the "Bonus Features (no additional charge) they list some opt in choices.

Are these still no charge services? I'm referring to 'Who Called' and 'Call Manager'.

thanks
    11-17-09 02:43 PM
    I only get to see the bill, I cannot make changes to it, (work pays).

Used to show this on the bill: (this was to my understanding, the 7 MB plan.)

Corp. Blackberry & Voice Plan 65.00
    Text Messaging 2.00
    Unlimited Evn/Wkend Option 12.50
    Savings: Eve & Wknd Option Cr -5.00
    Savings: Eve & Wknd Option Cr -5.00
    Call Display 0.00
    Company Calling Option 0.00
    9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee 0.50
    System Access Fee 6.95
    Corporate Basic Voicemail 0.00

I just noticed the bill now shows:

Corp. 250 Unlimited Eve/Wknds 25.00
    BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 1GB 30.00 - Does this mean I now have 1GB instead of the 7MB ?
    Text Messaging 2.00 - Also, what does this mean?? how many texts can you send for $2.00 ?
    Unlimited Evn/Wkend Option 12.50
    Savings: Eve & Wknd Option Cr -4.00
    Savings: Eve & Wknd Option Cr -4.00
    Savings: Corporate Discount 20% -2.00
    Call Display 0.00
    Company Calling Option 0.00
    9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee 0.50
    System Access Fee 6.95
    Corporate Basic Voicemail 0.00

If so, what would be included? email, sms, web, IM etc

Thanks
    MikeyB
    Last edited by mbfrosch; 11-18-09 at 11:25 AM.
    11-18-09 07:44 AM
    Retentions? How do I get hold of them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    call them and ask to speak to customer relations

my upgrade wasn't till oct 2010.. and my wife was dec 2010.. we both got upgrades to the 9700 ..
    11-19-09 08:39 AM
    thanks, i'll give it a try, and post the (favourable i hope) results
    11-21-09 07:37 AM
    Hey,
    I have the 30$ BB value plan. Is there anything else I can do other than the things listed? (MSN, AIM, Yahoo IM, Google Talk, Email, and BBM)

Can I use facebook mobile aswell, or any other things such as news on the go, or scores with this value plan?
    Thanks
    11-21-09 04:47 PM
    I'm buying the Bold 9700 next week, this is going to be my first BB. I want to add a bigger MicroSDHC Memory Card to the phone. I would like to know which card is better for the Bold 9700. The first one is the ScanDisk 8Gb, Class 2 (SDSDQ-8192-C11M) or the Lexar 8Gb Class 4 (LSDMI8GBASBNAA). Thank you for comments.
    11-22-09 01:03 AM
    I'm buying the Bold 9700 next week, this is going to be my first BB. I want to add a bigger MicroSDHC Memory Card to the phone. I would like to know which card is better for the Bold 9700. The first one is the ScanDisk 8Gb, Class 2 (SDSDQ-8192-C11M) or the Lexar 8Gb Class 4 (LSDMI8GBASBNAA). Thank you for comments.
    Since you did not mention price I am assuming they are botht he same so I would go for the Lexar, they are both good brands

From Wikipedia, - Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SD Speed Class Ratings

SD Cards and SDHC Cards have Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":[8]

* Class 2: 2 MByte/s - 13x
    * Class 4: 4 MByte/s - 26x
    * Class 6: 6 MByte/s - 40x

SD and SDHC cards will often also advertise a maximum speed (such as 133x or 150x) in addition to this minimum Speed Class Rating. Important differences between the Speed Class and the traditional "X" speed ratings are; 1) the ability of the host device to query the SD card for the speed class and determine the best location to store data that meets the performance required, 2) class speed defines the minimum transfer speed. Even though the class ratings are defined by a governing body, like "X" speed ratings, class speed ratings are quoted by the manufacturers but unverified by any independent evaluation process.
    11-22-09 11:25 AM
    TenOfZero

Thank you for comments. The cost are as follows.
    ScanDisk 8Gb, Class 2 (SDSDQ-8192-C11M) - $30
    Lexar 8Gb Class 4 (LSDMI8GBASBNAA) - $65
    These prices are from Future Shop.
    11-22-09 04:48 PM
    Go for the Sandisk honestly the speeds will not make a huge difference in day to day usage, yes files will copy over faster but once there on there to play the music/videos it'll all be the same. Pictures may save slightly faster, but in my opinion it's worth a 116% premium. Just buy 2 8Gb cards and a nice coffe from starbcuks, lol :-p
    11-24-09 06:36 PM
951 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD