Nope.
    If you activate through the store, you pay the activation fee and get your phone there.
    If you call into the call center you ORDER it through them and they ship it to you (like 2 business days if you live in toronto, if not sooner) through UPS.

Make sure that regardless of HOW you activate it that you TELL THEM YOU ARE PORTING OVER FROM FIDO and give them the telephone number and account number.
    Okay I get it now thanks. Futureshop is selling the bold for 199.99 instead of rogers price of 299.99. so i can buy it from there, and its possible to have them port over my fido number an everything you think?
    06-27-09 10:56 AM
    Hi, just a couple question here.

I am a prospective new Rogers wireless customer and was wondering how I would go about getting the 6g/$30 plan for a blackberry. I have read about the code you have to tell them to add so that the 6g plan for iphone or android will work on a blackberry. Since I am porting my phone number over from Telus, would I be able to just walk into a rogers wireless store and say I want the blackberry bold, and I want the 6g/$30 plan and just add the code ...... to the plan please? Would that work or is getting rogers to make the 6g plan work for the blackberry only work for people that have been on rogers for a while?
    Thanks.
    Yes. The 6GB Blackberry promotional data plan for $30 is available for new BOLD activations. There is no longer a need to add the APN3CON soc to the account to trigger it. It is blackberry specific.

Okay I get it now thanks. Futureshop is selling the bold for 199.99 instead of rogers price of 299.99. so i can buy it from there, and its possible to have them port over my fido number an everything you think?

Yes, just make sure you tell them you are porting. They are able to do so.
    06-27-09 11:15 AM
    All fight Im just a little worroied about the future shop people not knowing what to do as opposed to someone if i bought it at rogers. but the $100 difference is just WOW. So ill be going monday. ill post back to tell how it went. Thanks for your help. i really truly appreciate it
    06-27-09 04:43 PM
    No problem. First question to ask the rep is "do you know how to do a new activation and port a number during the process?" if they say yes, you will be fine.
    In theory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 04:56 PM
    All fight Im just a little worroied about the future shop people not knowing what to do as opposed to someone if i bought it at rogers. but the $100 difference is just WOW. So ill be going monday. ill post back to tell how it went. Thanks for your help. i really truly appreciate it
    Yes, let us know how it went and tell me if you got the blackberry 6g/$30 data plan.

I don't see it anywhere on the rogers website.

Is this plan currently available? I know it is available for android and iphone, but i haven't seen it say it is available for the blackberry.
    06-27-09 06:32 PM
    its available for every device you just have to call in and have it added. They don't usually advertise it for devices that aren't being advertised at much. They just launched the iphone and HTC phones so the data for those is advertised more heavily.
    06-28-09 01:57 PM
    Yes, let us know how it went and tell me if you got the blackberry 6g/$30 data plan.

I don't see it anywhere on the rogers website.

Is this plan currently available? I know it is available for android and iphone, but i haven't seen it say it is available for the blackberry.
    . Yeah its avaliable until July 31st. Just call and tell them to activae it.
    06-28-09 09:41 PM
    hey... I have a question. I traded my iPhone for a bold and was told that the bold was about 6 months old. Am I able to use the warranty?

It is a Rogers Bold. I do not have the reciept etc but wouldn't rogers know the date of purchase? Could they transfer the warranty over to me?

Thanks in advance
    06-29-09 08:07 AM
    rogers will support the warranty of a device for the first 12 months. On a data device that warranty is a replacement warranty so just speak with data tech support and if they can't fix the problem for you they will replace the device.
    06-29-09 11:35 AM
    Hi, i was hoping one of you rogers reps can help me find a plan that isnt to costly since im a university student. So i basically wanted features such as caller id and text messaging and maybe some long distance minutes because my university is about 40 km from home and i will be commuting.
    07-02-09 09:50 PM
    Hi there,

I am not a big phone person and I was wondering if I could have my blackberry for data only. I currently have the 6gb BB plan and would like to keep it, but I would like to remove my voice plan ... is that posible ? Basically I want my BB for only e-mail. I'm still under contract so I would ahve to be an early cancelation fee, but I'm ok with that.

So basically, will rogers allow me to just use my blackberry as a web/email device.
    07-02-09 10:47 PM
    Hi there,

I am not a big phone person and I was wondering if I could have my blackberry for data only. I currently have the 6gb BB plan and would like to keep it, but I would like to remove my voice plan ... is that posible ? Basically I want my BB for only e-mail. I'm still under contract so I would ahve to be an early cancelation fee, but I'm ok with that.

So basically, will rogers allow me to just use my blackberry as a web/email device.
    Yes, it is possible, and you will beable to make phone calls, at $1 per minute.
    There is a $10 per month charge for the DATA only plan on BB's..
    Call Customer service and they can give you the specifics on if you would receive a cancelation fee. It's possible that you won't.
    07-03-09 12:44 AM
    Thanks for the prompt reply !!

Do you know why there is a 10$ extra fee if you go Data only? Is there any way to get out of it ?
    07-04-09 11:23 AM
    the fee is so that your line remains active and usable for calling if you decide to do so. No there is no way out of it.
    07-04-09 12:42 PM
    Thanks fadetoblack1985 :-) I thought it's why the 6.95 SAF was for but oh well, nothing we can do about it.

thanks everyone !! :-)
    07-04-09 03:16 PM
    no problem, the 6.95 SAF is used for network upgrades and maintenance.
    07-05-09 01:33 PM
    no problem, the 6.95 SAF is used for network upgrades and maintenance.
    I know this may be a dreamy question, but is there ANY speculation that the SAF is going to be removed once and for all anytime soon? Canadians are the only ones paying SAF. Why is it only us?
    07-05-09 02:27 PM
    I know this may be a dreamy question, but is there ANY speculation that the SAF is going to be removed once and for all anytime soon? Canadians are the only ones paying SAF. Why is it only us?
    We have as many subscribers as there are people in some cities in the US.

The US carriers have WAY more income over the Canadian carriers, and thus don't really NEED to charge a SAF as the costs are covered by the monthly plans offered.

There is always hope that the SAF will disappear, but keep in mind that it goes straight towards tower and network maintence, which is helping to build that 4G network we are all waiting for with speeds upto 50-70 Mb/s (Mega BITS per second which is about 5-7 MB MegaBytes per second).
    07-07-09 12:58 AM
    Hi my names J.R.
    I've worked in a Rogers Plus retail store for 11 months and recently have been working for a 3rd Party Call Centre doing Customer Care for Rogers - Feel free to shoot me any questions as any call centre rep would say - we've heard it all! Especially from cell phone customers!
    07-07-09 11:50 AM
    any of u rogers reps got some insight into my situation?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...00#post2985700
    07-08-09 02:24 PM
    any of u rogers reps got some insight into my situation?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...00#post2985700
    Posted in your other thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 01:41 AM
    Yeah the SAF is a way for them to advertise low prices and then rip you off, Canadian Tire dosen't charge me a store improvement fee nor does my grocery store, they use their profits for that. They should just increase all the plans by 7.45$ and get ris of 911 and SAF
    07-13-09 11:55 AM
    what's the point of that? then your still paying either way.
    07-13-09 01:16 PM
    Hello,

I have an blackberry 8900 with a voice plan with Rogers (No Data plan) and I had a couple questions about using the wifi connectivity.

I've configured my phone to use only a wifi connection to browse the internet on my blackberry (even turning the mobile network off while I'm browsing) but I still got charged $25 for about 1600 kb of data usage last month. I haven't added any apps or anything and the GPS is turned off, so I'm almost positive the data usage is from browsing the internet using wifi.

Am I correct in assuming it is free to use the internet browser with a wifi connection?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    07-13-09 01:51 PM
    I have sold a Storm to a Rogers user who is asking for the PIN to check something out. Is that normal?
    07-13-09 03:15 PM
951 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD