Hi, I was wondering if a Rogers rep could assist with a few questions that I have?

I have recently been provided with a Blackberry Javelin that I want to hook up with Rogers. I don't however want to sign onto a contract just month to month billing. Is this possible? If so when looking at the Rogers website or plans brochures what type of plans would I be eligible to purchase? from what I can see they all say on new activations with 3 year plans. I am currently with Telus and really want to switch to Rogers. The Telus plan is taken care of already.

Thanks in advance.
    The only month to month plans are pretty garbage. Starting at $25 for 150 anytime minutes and going up from there. As for data all the good packages are on terms so the only option is to add data at like $25 a month and then add a value pack separately at $12-$15 a month. I don't know why everyone hates contracts so much but if you were willing to sign one then you can get a way better deal for voice and data.

Cheers
    05-21-09 06:21 PM
    Hi, I have been with rogers for 5 months now, and i absolutly love my pearl 8220. On a 3 year term i got the bb messenging35 which gives me 350 daytime plus my5 and unlimeted text,instant messaging,picture, adn video messaging.

Now the thing is that I'm always signed in to my messengers, Yahoo, and Windows, thats why i got that plan.Only problem being my phone has wifi, but i cant access it cause apparently my plan is incompatible with data, which i dont get cause messengers are a form of data. The woman at rogers told me that i had an amazing plan and that if i ever swtiched i wouldnt be able to get it back. Maybe i'm just hoping that she was wrong and that theres some way for me to keep my plan and get data on my phone, cause they said i couldnt even add a data plan to my phone without changing my plan. Could you maybe shead a little light on this for me or give me a better option so that i can optimize my bb. Thanks
    05-21-09 06:59 PM
    Hi, I have been with rogers for 5 months now, and i absolutly love my pearl 8220. On a 3 year term i got the bb messenging35 which gives me 350 daytime plus my5 and unlimeted text,instant messaging,picture, adn video messaging.

Now the thing is that I'm always signed in to my messengers, Yahoo, and Windows, thats why i got that plan.Only problem being my phone has wifi, but i cant access it cause apparently my plan is incompatible with data, which i dont get cause messengers are a form of data. The woman at rogers told me that i had an amazing plan and that if i ever swtiched i wouldnt be able to get it back. Maybe i'm just hoping that she was wrong and that theres some way for me to keep my plan and get data on my phone, cause they said i couldnt even add a data plan to my phone without changing my plan. Could you maybe shead a little light on this for me or give me a better option so that i can optimize my bb. Thanks
    Yeah the package you have gives you unlimited messaging meaning bb messenger and yahoo etc however it doesn't give you data usage. The thing is your sim card is programmed right now to not allow data which is why the browser on wifi won't initially work. If you go into your browsers settings then you can change it to work on "wifi only" and then you should be able to use the browser and other data features while on wifi. Otherwise i'm unsure how else to fix your package you can always take the $35 data value pack that comes with 500mb of data which on a blackberry is basically unlimited plus free texting etc.

Cheers
    05-21-09 10:06 PM
    Hi!

I currently have a contract with Fido that ends at the end of August. I want to switch to Rogers and get the Blackberry Bold. I've checked a bunch of stores and noticed that the Bold is cheaper at Circuit City. If I switch over to Rogers now would i have to pay a fee? If so, how much is it? I spoke to someone at Fido and she said that I wouldn't have to pay to switch.... but when I spoke to a rep at Circuit City she said that i'd be charged $20/month from now until august. So, can i just call and switch my plan to Rogers and then go to Circuit City and buy the phone (with the 3 year contract)? Or would i have to go to CC and get them to call for me (but i think they'd still charge me)?

Also, why is it cheaper at Circuit City? Does getting the phone at Rogers include some sort of service or something that Circuit City doesn't have?

And last question... will the Bold get any cheaper in the next month or so?

Thanks in advance!!!

In Fido, there's something called Interband Porting Policy (Ask any Fido Rep in store and they'll see it in the sales system reference section)

From Fido to Rogers: No ECF under certain conditions (see below)
    From Rogers to Fido: Yes ECF, max ECF of $100 + Tax./Phone Line

Fido to Rogers No ECF Conditions:
    ECF is only waived under 3 conditions
    a) Must transfer out (port out) your number from Fido to Rogers (If you get a new number from Rogers, ECF Applies)

b) The contract length of Fido (2 or 3yr) has to be the same with Rogers. (For eg. If you originally signed a contract with Fido for 3 years, you will have to sign a contract with rogers for 3 years)

c) You have to be a Fido customer for a minimum of 1 year.

Ask Rogers Rep's/Fido Rep's (*611) for more info, I'm not at work now, can't access the reference page.
    05-21-09 10:47 PM
    Hi all,
    This looks like an open thread so I have a plan price question for the Rogers reps.

I'm considering putting together my first package (using a BB 8800) and I have been reading some of the 'is my plan any good' threads.

Several of the threads suggest that there is a 33% off of value packs.

The $35 Smartphone Data Value Pack looks like it would suit my needs but if I can get 33% off, that would clinch the deal.

Or, are there any 'new deals' in the pipeline?

tia
    No, the 33.3% is not a Value Pack discount, rather it's a discount for specific future add on services. (for eg. detailed billing).

You can confirm that with Reps in Rogers (*611), But I bet every single rep will give you a different answer...

Quoting back to my post on April 30th(Page 30), someone asked the same question like you did.

No, the 33.3% is not a Value Pack discount, rather it's a discount for specific future add on services. (for eg. detailed billing).

However, this might be different for "certain" customers. When the BB Value Packs first came out, the reps thought the value pack had a $10 discount, the reps applied a $30 Blackberry Value Pack($30 BB VP does not exist anymore) and then a -$10 Credit. Which was then later clarified by a note in the system.
    05-21-09 10:56 PM
    The only month to month plans are pretty garbage. Starting at $25 for 150 anytime minutes and going up from there. As for data all the good packages are on terms so the only option is to add data at like $25 a month and then add a value pack separately at $12-$15 a month. I don't know why everyone hates contracts so much but if you were willing to sign one then you can get a way better deal for voice and data.

Cheers

Thanks for your response. So what would happen in the case that I signed a contract already having the hardware?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 11:13 PM
    If both fido and rogers are available in your area then you will infact be charged for changing carriers just like if you went to bell or telus or koodo or virgin etc... So my advice would be to wait until the end of your contract since it is over soon and get a phone with rogers at that time, unless you really hate fido and want your bold right now type of thing. Keep in mind rogers is coming out with some awesome new phones in the near future, like the storm2, two HTC android phones as well as a couple others, so soon the bold won't even be the best blackberry offered by rogers.
    Really, has this been confirmed?
    05-22-09 08:33 PM
    Thanks for your response. So what would happen in the case that I signed a contract already having the hardware?

you would have to go on a contract of your choice starting with a 1 year up to a 3 year. You would also not be available for an upgrade until your first year is up (unless your on data then its 2 years)
    05-23-09 01:25 PM
    Really, has this been confirmed?
    storm 2 hasn't been "confirmed" but it pretty much is confirmed for arguement's sake. The other devices have been confirmed as well like the two HTC's
    05-23-09 01:26 PM
    storm 2 hasn't been "confirmed" but it pretty much is confirmed for arguement's sake. The other devices have been confirmed as well like the two HTC's
    Sorry, what do you mean by this?
    05-23-09 02:19 PM
    Sorry, what do you mean by this?
    its been confirmed verbally but not documented official as of yet.
    05-23-09 02:35 PM
    its been confirmed verbally but not documented official as of yet.
    By another at your location? I do hope your right, I have an itch I just can't scratch until Rogers carries this device.
    05-23-09 02:46 PM
    By another at your location? I do hope your right, I have an itch I just can't scratch until Rogers carries this device.
    it was confirmed by one of our liasons to rogers corporate....just hold tight and you will be able to get one soon enough
    05-23-09 03:18 PM
    it was confirmed by one of our liasons to rogers corporate....just hold tight and you will be able to get one soon enough
    Awesome!! thanks!
    05-23-09 03:20 PM
    you would have to go on a contract of your choice starting with a 1 year up to a 3 year. You would also not be available for an upgrade until your first year is up (unless your on data then its 2 years)
    So does that mean I would have to buy another blackberry or I could sign a contract without purchasing the hardware?

Thanks

05-24-09 10:50 PM
    you can sign a contract with your current device and do not have to take a new device on
    05-25-09 12:48 PM
    you will have to refresh my memory, what do you need me to get back to you on?
    Hi fade,

You are Rogers rep and two of us need two new contracts/plans. I wanted to see what you can do for us (what kind of plans, pricing, etc.).

Please, get back to me (PM or email)?

thx.
    05-25-09 01:22 PM
    HI!!
    I�m tired of waiting for a Storm on Rogers, so I think I will be getting a Bold.
    I will be on my works Tellus BES server , but I have been with Rogers (Cantel) for over 15years,
    I have a Motorola V551 Phone, My contract is done.
    I hardly ever go over min. in my plan, hardly ever Text message, but will more with qwerty kbrd.
    I want unlimited tethering, most of my calls are Between 4 and 5 in the afternoon

My plan..
    200 Anytime Plan $25.00
    Call Display w/Name Display $ 7.00
    System Access Fee $ 6.95
    911 Access fee $ 0.50
    Gst $ 1.97
    Pst $ 3.16
    Total $44.58

Additional Services
    Network Features
    - Group Calling, Busy Transfer, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting,
    - No Answer Forwarding and Transfer Calls
    Detailed billing
    Windsor/Detroit Rate Following ..does this include data..??

What else do I need and what will it cost??
    05-26-09 02:37 PM
    HI!!
    I�m tired of waiting for a Storm on Rogers, so I think I will be getting a Bold.
    I will be on my works Tellus BES server , but I have been with Rogers (Cantel) for over 15years,
    I hardly ever go over min. in my plan, hardly ever Text message, but will more with qwerty kbrd.
    I want unlimited tethering, most of my calls are Between 4 and 5 in the afternoon

My plan..
    200 Anytime Plan $25.00
    System Access Fee $ 6.95
    911 Access fee $ 0.50
    Gst $ 1.97
    Pst $ 3.16
    Total $44.58

Additional Services
    Network Features
    Detailed billing

How can u manage with 200 min for the entire month? U r a magician.
    05-26-09 06:19 PM
    HI!!
    I’m tired of waiting for a Storm on Rogers, so I think I will be getting a Bold.

My plan..
    200 Anytime Plan $25.00
    System Access Fee $ 6.95
    911 Access fee $ 0.50
    Gst $ 1.97
    Pst $ 3.16
    Total $44.58

Additional Services
    Network Features
    Detailed billing

all you need is data. Either the $25 data value pack (comes with unlimited email, text, bb messenger, instant messenger, call display, voice mail) or if you want browsing for with the $35 data value pack (500mb data, unlimited text, call display, voice mail)
    05-28-09 10:42 PM
    How can u manage with 200 min for the entire month? U r a magician.
    Many people don't even use their phones for calls anymore. The majority of cell phone use these days is texting, email and instant messaging services such as bb messenger, yahoo/msn messenger etc.
    05-28-09 10:43 PM
    my friend just got an 8220 pearl flip phone and shes having trouble installing her sim card, any suggestions at all
    05-30-09 01:23 AM
    what sort of problems? won't fit? won't stay in? won't register to the network?
    05-30-09 01:31 PM
    Many people don't even use their phones for calls anymore. The majority of cell phone use these days is texting, email and instant messaging services such as bb messenger, yahoo/msn messenger etc.
    Agred. I hate calling people. I find texting is straight to the point. I text on average 8,000/month.

05-30-09 05:04 PM
    When can we expect the Magnum?!

05-31-09 01:07 AM
951 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD