no worries, i wouldn't have made myself available if i didn't want to help people out
    03-26-09 12:20 PM
    Im glad that there are Rogers reps that are willing to help out struggling customers
    03-26-09 10:22 PM
    Anyone know how long it takes Rogers to ship the Curve 8900? The rep on the phone said there may be a delay because of high demand so expect 6 business days. Anyone recently buy one over the phone or online?
    03-27-09 01:07 AM
    They should get it to you within a week. They are very popular. I sold our stores last one in stock yesterday. But look for it within the next couple of days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 10:32 AM
    I have used a traditional cell for a long time but work is now requiring me to get a smartphone (that I have to pay for...we are small). Decided on the BB Bold. But I'm struggling with a plan. I travel to the US in spurts (busy times separated by dry spells) so I need a plan that accounts for that.

I've seen a couple of plans on other forums but not sure if they are true or not. Can you comment if the below is achievable? I would also much rather deal with a rogers rep face to face but I heard that retentions is the only group that can authorize these types of plans, and even then it's hit and miss.

250 Min anytime
    Evenings and Weekends after 6pm
    Unlimited Rogers to Rogers
    Unlimited Text
    Unlimited Incoming Calls
    Extended VM, Call Display, Call Waiting, Name Display
    500MB Data
    Bold for $99
    Total for that was quoted at $38 + $7 access fee

I've heard there is a US Data Roaming Plan out there as well
    $10 per month to opt in
    Then $1 per MB while in the states

Then I think I need to add on US Roaming Voice minutes or something like that. $40 a month for 60min?

So that is comes to a grand total of almost $100 a month (which is less than I am paying now but is still high in my mind)

I've been a Rogers Cell customer since 1993, and there honestly is no other carrier out there with better cell reception. Want to stay with Rogers but don't want my wallet to bleed rogers red. Any thoughts?
    03-27-09 04:30 PM
    check out the rogers site under business plans, the one i'm thinking of for you might be a little different then what you need but here it is:

$45 voice plan + $35 data value pack

plan includes the following:

550 daytime minutes
    free evenings and weekends
    100 canadian long distance minutes
    unliminted incoming calls
    500 mb data
    unlimited txt,pic,vid messaging
    call display, name display
    enhanced voice mail
    who called, mobile back-up

If this seems over-kill lemme know
    03-27-09 06:27 PM
    Wow, just called Rogers as I thought it was weird my credit card hasnt been charged yet. Turns out I didn't provide one apparently even though I gave him my card number twice and had him repeat it back to me twice. Have to call back tomorrow now and try and get it sorted out...
    03-29-09 04:42 PM
    good thing you phoned, human error can cause problems sometimes. I always recommend calling back a day or two later to check on things
    03-29-09 05:31 PM
    I've checked out the $45 Voice + $35 data type plans, but they apparently don't account for US Roaming fees/charges and the data plan in the US on this plan can get expensive. I want to stay away from the digital one rate plans as well.

You had also quoted list prices, what do you think would be a good discounted rate for the plans you quoted? Can the actual rogers authorized dealers provide discounts on plans or can only Rogers Customer Service / Retentions do this?
    03-30-09 07:51 AM
    I've checked out the $45 Voice + $35 data type plans, but they apparently don't account for US Roaming fees/charges and the data plan in the US on this plan can get expensive. I want to stay away from the digital one rate plans as well.

You had also quoted list prices, what do you think would be a good discounted rate for the plans you quoted? Can the actual rogers authorized dealers provide discounts on plans or can only Rogers Customer Service / Retentions do this?
    The only department that can really offer the discounts is Customer Retentions/Relations.

Other departments like billing can offer credits and such but usually there are problems and the person on the other end doesn't do it properly and you end up paying more for it. One thing i've learned is never trust the customer service rep over the phone, they are extremely busy and although they don't mean to mess things up, the high pressure of the situation and trying to help so many people in one day can cause problems. So if another department says your getting a credit for something call back a day or two later to confirm.

The only real thing dealers can do is discount the hardware and accessories they sell you, we can also offer you plans that are not advertised, like the 17.50 plan that was advertised as a promotion but is still around.

Also, roaming in the states is not to bad, it depends on what your doing. If you send an email here and there and a couple bb messages you may get charged like 5-10 extra on your next bill. I wouldn't recommend using data services if you can help it. Also texting is by far the cheapest way to communicate while roaming. Receiving is free and its only 65 cents per text while your down there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    03-30-09 10:31 AM
    Wow what a nightmare. Here is my new story.
    Call Rogers last Wednesday and place my order
    Call back on Saturday they tell me that i didn't supply a credit card number (which I did) and to call back on Monday to supply it.
    Call back on Monday, they tell me my order was cancelled so I have to place a new one, half hour later I think Im at the end.
    Call today to follow up they said they have two orders on my account and neither are being sent out.
    Get transferred and another lady says they thought it was a duplicate order so they werent sending either out. After a few minutes she said she cleared everything up and the phone should be on the truck tonight and come tomorrow or Thursday.

Can't believe the hassle this is just to place an order, its almost like they could care less if I was a customer. So un-coordinated between departments its crazy.

Hopefully it comes tomorrow.
    03-31-09 01:24 PM
    Yes, any device that has wifi would be physically capable of talkspot, BUT it requires UMA software, which has NOT been released for the bold. It is NOT a hardware issue, the device is fully capable, but rim has not released said capability's because the carriers don't want it. That said, even the latest beta releases DO NOT have UMA capability's for the bold. The 8900 however, IS a talkspot device, and IS preloaded with UMA software.
    Hey guys I've got a question about UMA and the Wifi on the 8900. I just signed up for a new 3 year contract with rogers 45$ BB voice plan (my5 canada wide 150 anytime minutes evening and weekends after 9pm 500mb data) and the 15$ addon stuff either way back to my question lol...I've got my wireless setup but first of all im not sure wether or not when browsing im using my data or wireless and when connected to my wireless the UMA icon pops up and i cant recieve calls or text messages I know this is the rogers thread but maybe someone could provide some insight into this if possible? Thanks
    03-31-09 06:15 PM
    hi i live in toronto and my plan comes with
    $45 a month + $6 caller ID
    250 daytime minutes
    free incoming
    free after 6pm
    500mb
    free instant messaging & email
    i was wondering if 500mb is alot in a month?
    04-02-09 12:47 AM
    250 daytime minutes
    free incoming
    free after 6pm
    500mb
    Yes, that is tons. Be very hard to go over that.
    04-02-09 01:14 PM
    Question:
    I have the $25 blackberry value pack. It comes with unlimited email, and instant messenger but obviously I need to be connected to the rogers net work to receive it. Since it is using data, this won't cost me any extra correct?
    04-02-09 01:15 PM
    no it won't cost you extra because your package includes unlimited im and email. It will only cost you if you connect to the browser
    04-02-09 01:35 PM
    250 daytime minutes
    free incoming
    free after 6pm
    500mb
    on your particular device 500MB is the same as like 250,000 txt emails. or 500 minutes of youtube. for the average consumer its more then enough. I have 5 email accounts on my blackberry and i use it all the time for work and personal use and have never gone over 100MB

Cheers
    Last edited by fadetoblack1985; 04-02-09 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    04-02-09 01:37 PM
    no it won't cost you extra because your package includes unlimited im and email. It will only cost you if you connect to the browser
    I'm loving my new BB, but Im havin a **** of a time connecting to my campus' Wifi. It wont redirect me to the login page, any sugestions?
    04-02-09 01:49 PM
    talk to campus tech support, they have a special set-up for wifi so your gonna have to get the instructions from them
    04-02-09 06:21 PM
    Hey Matthew, good to see a Rogers person here! You DID say that you didn't mind questions, so hopefully this is ok with you and the mods:
    I HAD an iPhone. I used my same SIM card, they told me I didn't need one, the one I've had since 2004. Got RID of my iPhone to buy this Curve from "some guy" and I made a test call, that worked, so I bought it. NOW I can't register my BB (you know to get the email and all that)... I go to the host routing table, click register now, and I never get a message back. The edge is all in lower case letters.... I have been told it is because my SIM is SO OLD and that all I need to do is buy a new one... hours and hours spent on tech support line, and they say do this do that, pull battery, go to this website, and no matter what I do, I am not able to create an account. They said they don't see ANY phone registered to me at ALL? And yet I can call, text, use the browser... I'm SO CONFUSED, AND TICKED...
    Advice?
    Dina

Well please feel free to direct any Rogers related questions I can answer! I am also available for account maintenance as well!
    04-03-09 07:23 PM
    Hey there, that's great news.... I'm from Oshawa, Ontario, and I just got a similar plan... 500 mb as well... I gotta say the plans they are offering now are a bit better than what they used to be (is it just that or am I parting with my money easier than I used to??? - hmm.....)
    Now, only I could get my BB8900 to work, I'd be allllll set!

Yes, that is tons. Be very hard to go over that.
    04-03-09 10:07 PM
    I'm loving my new BB, but Im havin a **** of a time connecting to my campus' Wifi. It wont redirect me to the login page, any sugestions?
    try this. so follow the normal procedures to connect to wifi....enable wifi in manage connections, then let it connect. now open your browser and go into bookmarks and under wi-fi services there should be a bookmark called "wi-fi hotspot login" <--- click there.

i have the same problem at my school. sometimes it redirects me to the login page and sometimes it doesn't. then i learned about this link in the bookmarks and i always use this now and it always works properly

04-05-09 08:10 AM
    does using the following apn info fall under the category of our bb plan data? for me would be the 500mb limit, or does it use another another type of data that would be charged separately?

im asking because some apps asks us for the apn info.

Regular Rogers WAP
    (not using phone as modem)
    APN: goam.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap

IP: 208.200.067.150.
    or

OR

Rogers internet.com settings
    (to use phone as modem, full-blown HTML stuff)
    APN: internet.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap

IP: Same as goam, 208.200.067.150

any representative that can answer that?
    04-07-09 05:32 AM
    i'm not sure what your asking really....but it doesn't matter which type of data your using (wap or full html) it will still come off the same data plan. So if you have 500MB of data and you use your bb as a modem its just going to go through the data faster than normal. But since your on a Bold you can do full html browsing on it anyway.

Hope this helps, i'm not 100% sure what you were asking.

Cheers
    04-09-09 10:44 AM
    try this. so follow the normal procedures to connect to wifi....enable wifi in manage connections, then let it connect. now open your browser and go into bookmarks and under wi-fi services there should be a bookmark called "wi-fi hotspot login" <--- click there.

i have the same problem at my school. sometimes it redirects me to the login page and sometimes it doesn't. then i learned about this link in the bookmarks and i always use this now and it always works properly

thanks Im pretty sure I tried that out already. But wont hurt to try it again next time I'm at school. Cheers.
    04-09-09 10:33 PM
951 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD