Question for the Rogers rep, I travel through northwestern Ontario, i get 0 service between thunder bay and Kenora, do you know if they will be putting up a tower in the Dryden area any time soon?
    Cannot tell you for sure. As far as cell tower placement goes, I wish I could refer to a Rogers Telecom Engineer for you but my fingers don't reach that far into Rogers.
    01-05-09 10:45 AM
    Welcome to all the Rogers Reps who have recently joined!

An updated post with directory should be made as I have lost track of who is who.
    01-05-09 10:46 AM
    Chances are, the $17.50 EPP Plan. The option of the $23 corporate plan might also be there under another code but same company.
    or even possibly eligible for the $18 corporate plan
    -200 daytime mins
    -free caller id and VM
    -unlimited eve/weekends

similar to the EPP but free cd and vm
    01-05-09 10:59 PM
    Cannot tell you for sure. As far as cell tower placement goes, I wish I could refer to a Rogers Telecom Engineer for you but my fingers don't reach that far into Rogers.
    yea we don't have the ability to find out when the towers will be up, also when speaking to TE, they can only give an approx 6-8month average of when it will be up and running
    01-05-09 11:02 PM
    Sorry I have another question about the BB Messenger and pin-to-pin.
    Which one of these count towards data? I've been hearing people say onlu bbm uses data but I want to confirm. As I already know, all other IMs uses data so I'm looking for one that doesn't. Not that it matters much since I'm on the 500mb data plan, but its still a nice thing to know.

So anyone know which does or does not data??

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 11:45 PM
    Sorry I have another question about the BB Messenger and pin-to-pin.
    Which one of these count towards data? I've been hearing people say onlu bbm uses data but I want to confirm. As I already know, all other IMs uses data so I'm looking for one that doesn't. Not that it matters much since I'm on the 500mb data plan, but its still a nice thing to know.

So anyone know which does or does not data??

Thanks.

All of them use data really. In shorter words, every little bit counts. Minus your Rogers HomePage of course.
    01-08-09 02:24 AM
    Hi, I have the 6GB data plan for use with the iPhone, if I have a Blackberry can I just pop my SIm in and use it with the 6GB or would I have to call in and notify Rogers? Thx

Also, I am on the $25 Plan 250 Mins, Eves&Weeks @6pm, am I able to apply my Student numbe to get the additions $5 off of the $25 plan?

Thanks You so much!
    01-10-09 02:22 AM
    Hi,

I just recently bought a unlocked curve 8310 that was originally on at&t. I am looking to use this on rogers as I already have a contract with them. I was just wondering what settings I will have to change on the phone to use it on rogers? Also what is the best plan that an existing customer can get for a blackberry? I dont use the phone to talk too much so I dont need a plan with a lot of voice mins.

Thanks.

P.S. This is my first blackberry device
    01-10-09 01:17 PM
    Hi,

I just recently bought a unlocked curve 8310 that was originally on at&t. I am looking to use this on rogers as I already have a contract with them. I was just wondering what settings I will have to change on the phone to use it on rogers? Also what is the best plan that an existing customer can get for a blackberry? I dont use the phone to talk too much so I dont need a plan with a lot of voice mins.

Thanks.

P.S. This is my first blackberry device
    Just go on the $17.50 plan, and add the data value pack
    -200 daytime minutes
    -Unlimited eve/weekends from 6pm-7am
    -Caller id
    -Enhanced Voicemail
    -Unlimited texting
    -500mb of data a month

With the system access fee and taxes your bill should average around $60 a month
    01-11-09 09:37 AM
    Hi, I have the 6GB data plan for use with the iPhone, if I have a Blackberry can I just pop my SIm in and use it with the 6GB or would I have to call in and notify Rogers? Thx

Also, I am on the $25 Plan 250 Mins, Eves&Weeks @6pm, am I able to apply my Student numbe to get the additions $5 off of the $25 plan?

Thanks You so much!

I was once a Iphone user, had the 6gb data plan and the only issue i had i wasn't receiving emails and unable to pin so im pretty sure you'd have the same issue.
    Settings wise you don't have to change anything since it is standard on the BB to automatically pick up a new network.

No you wouldn't be able to get the $5 off your monthly bill.
    And i would recommend just changing to the $17.50 plan
    200 daytime minutes and unlimited eve/weekends
    Unless you have the "network calling feature"
    01-11-09 09:41 AM
    Hi I tried to send a PM to some rogers representatives.... And I never got a reply. Could a Rogers rep PM me??
    Thx

01-11-09 11:46 AM
    Hi I tried to send a PM to some rogers representatives.... And I never got a reply. Could a Rogers rep PM me??
    Thx

This issue has been taken care of.
    01-11-09 11:27 PM
    Just go on the $17.50 plan, and add the data value pack
    -200 daytime minutes
    -Unlimited eve/weekends from 6pm-7am
    -Caller id
    -Enhanced Voicemail
    -Unlimited texting
    -500mb of data a month

With the system access fee and taxes your bill should average around $60 a month
    Bear in mind, this cost will go up $5 (plus taxes) as of Tuesday for the $30 data value pack.
    01-11-09 11:29 PM

Thanks You so much!
    It is possible but I am not sure Rogers will do it as that promotion already ended and you are taking advantage of a new promotion. Double dipping is as bad as it sounds, double dipping, and Rogers tries to curb this type of situation from happening.
    01-11-09 11:31 PM
    Hi Matthew.gip i would like to ask if i ca downgrade my voice plan from $25 to $20 or ( lower ) and then get add a data plan could i do that ? i was thinking of getting the $30 blackberry data value pack
    and the bill is on my dad's name and he does not speak english do i need to put him in the phone or something ?
    also my contract is almost over would i be able to get discount on my data plan or maybe voice plan ?
    thank u...
    01-13-09 02:39 AM
    Hi Matthew.gip i would like to ask if i ca downgrade my voice plan from $25 to $20 or ( lower ) and then get add a data plan could i do that ? i was thinking of getting the $30 blackberry data value pack
    and the bill is on my dad's name and he does not speak english do i need to put him in the phone or something ?
    also my contract is almost over would i be able to get discount on my data plan or maybe voice plan ?
    thank u...
    I'm not sure if we have $20 voice plans anymore but I would speak with Rogers about it since they have more pull on their end than I do.
    01-13-09 10:38 AM
    If any such person wishes to ask about becoming a dealer, I would just like to state that it requires EXTENSIVE CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS and is nearly impossible these days.

To become a dealer, not only do you require a number of years working IN the wireless industry (5+ years) but you also have to find a right location since as per any Rogers dealer agreement, you can not have a dealership store within a certain number of kilometers from another one.

Any PINs, PMs, posts about this matter will be directed to contact Rogers Business Relations department.

Once again, to make this clear, I work for a Rogers DEALER as a CORPORATE ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE. I would ask that all other Rogers Reps. on this forum do the same with regards to anything out of your power, provide the advice and redirect to the proper channel.
    01-13-09 10:50 AM
    I'm not sure if we have $20 voice plans anymore but I would speak with Rogers about it since they have more pull on their end than I do.
    You can still get certain $20 plans, but they don't give you a lot of daytime minutes or any perks (incoming, network calling etc.)
    its only $5 but it makes a huge difference since you may have my5, network calling or even incoming if you had your plan a while ago.

**just to let you know the data value pack is also contract base**
    01-13-09 07:15 PM
    Hi,
    I'm currently on the $45 my5 (10) student plan and the $30 Blackberry data value pack. With all the added stuff it comes to around $87 a month. My friend on Tellus has the exact same My5 (10) student plan but for $25 bucks instead of 45. Whats up with that? you would think rogers would match the competition, not charge an extra $20.
    01-13-09 08:55 PM
    Hi,
    I'm currently on the $45 my5 (10) student plan and the $30 Blackberry data value pack. With all the added stuff it comes to around $87 a month. My friend on Tellus has the exact same My5 (10) student plan but for $25 bucks instead of 45. Whats up with that? you would think rogers would match the competition, not charge an extra $20.

Chances are, you probably have the MY5 (10) with any 10 numbers to call/text/etc within CANADA but your friend on TELUS probably has just the 10 LOCAL numbers she can call/text/etc.
    01-14-09 01:24 PM
    I'm in duncan BC, do you know if vancouver would be a local call? If so then I could probably downgrade to the $25 plan.

Chances are, you probably have the MY5 (10) with any 10 numbers to call/text/etc within CANADA but your friend on TELUS probably has just the 10 LOCAL numbers she can call/text/etc.
    01-14-09 01:41 PM
    Ok, my friend is with Rogers and when she sends an MMS say, to me, one might send but if she tries to send another one right after then it won't send and she gets a message that says "Unknown account".
    I am with Bell and have never had this problem, so i'm assuming it's a rogers problem and not a BB problem.
    Any thoughts?
    01-19-09 10:37 PM
    I'm in duncan BC, do you know if vancouver would be a local call? If so then I could probably downgrade to the $25 plan.
    I'm not familiar with cities in BC but as long as Rogers says it's in your local calling area, it should be fine.
    01-20-09 12:39 AM
    Ok, my friend is with Rogers and when she sends an MMS say, to me, one might send but if she tries to send another one right after then it won't send and she gets a message that says "Unknown account".
    I am with Bell and have never had this problem, so i'm assuming it's a rogers problem and not a BB problem.
    Any thoughts?
    I'm not sure actually. I would direct her to BlackBerry Technical Support on the Rogers side. 1866ROGERS1, don't dial from the blackberry though.
    01-20-09 12:40 AM
    Im a Rogers Rep. as Well with Motion In Ontario and can help with any problems or concerns.

Thanks!
    Cordero
    01-24-09 11:33 AM
951 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD