First of all for corporate accounts the corp code does determine the term or upgrade schedule the account or every line on it has. and yes that corp code can and very often decide the price of the device. If someone is on a company code with lots of revenue they can beat promo pricing on any phone but the Iphone plus it dictates whether there is adminstsation fees applied. As for regular consumer accounts it's simply 12 month, either your eligb or not, not such thing as a consumer preup, No such thing as monthly on consumer, not sure what you mean by 1 2 or 3.?
    I am referring to corporately paid accounts only, not corporately reimbursed.

The corp code determines their tier which determines how fast they are fully eligible without a pre-hup fee.

The corp code determines pricing only for non-data devices, all data devices are the same a consumer, unless you add on renewal credits dictated by the agreement with said corporation and Rogers.

What I meant by the 1, 2,or 3 was years.
    11-06-08 08:55 PM
    I just got a HUP to the Bold and renewed for 3yr yesterday, but I had to pay $299! Can I get a credit? Also, when do the new "your choice" plans become available?

I bought mine 2 weeks ago for $299 and I called in yesterday for a credit.
    I got myself a credit of Free Call Display for my 3-year term and 3 Months of unlimited Data. Since you just got yours a few days ago, they should be able to oblige you to something.

Regards,

Stephen P.
    11-07-08 11:34 AM
    I am referring to corporately paid accounts only, not corporately reimbursed.

The corp code determines their tier which determines how fast they are fully eligible without a pre-hup fee.

The corp code determines pricing only for non-data devices, all data devices are the same a consumer, unless you add on renewal credits dictated by the agreement with said corporation and Rogers.

What I meant by the 1, 2,or 3 was years.
    Corp paid accounts and reimbursed are done the same, yes the MSD code tells you what tier they are but not their renewal cycle. That is determined by the code and other factors one of which is revenue on the account. Trust me on this, I do hups daily. Now the MSD code dose tell us what tier the account is so the customer can get anywhere from 50.00$ to 200.00$ of the hardware of their choice, any phone or air card rogers sells. Some times the customer is better of getting their tier discounts plus data over promo price, I've see the N95 for 0.0 dollars on tier discount when promo price was 150.00$. With corp pricing there can be 3 different prices on the same phone. The thing is to look long term at what the cost will be. Corp prices and consumer prices are not the same, the 50.00 mail in rebate is already applied to corp accounts so they are always that much less. Corp doesn't qualify for the mail in program..
    11-07-08 03:36 PM
    Corp paid accounts and reimbursed are done the same, yes the MSD code tells you what tier they are but not their renewal cycle. That is determined by the code and other factors one of which is revenue on the account. Trust me on this, I do hups daily. Now the MSD code dose tell us what tier the account is so the customer can get anywhere from 50.00$ to 200.00$ of the hardware of their choice, any phone or air card rogers sells. Some times the customer is better of getting their tier discounts plus data over promo price, I've see the N95 for 0.0 dollars on tier discount when promo price was 150.00$. With corp pricing there can be 3 different prices on the same phone. The thing is to look long term at what the cost will be. Corp prices and consumer prices are not the same, the 50.00 mail in rebate is already applied to corp accounts so they are always that much less. Corp doesn't qualify for the mail in program..
    Took conversation off public forum.
    11-07-08 05:25 PM
    I have been waiting for well over a month now for the 8310 and was told today it wont be available until Nov. 30th!!! The offer is through retention because I've had some major problems with my 8120 but I was wondering, let's say the 8900 comes out around xmas (just throwing a date, nothing serious) will I be able to get it through retention when the phone is first released?
    11-11-08 11:54 AM
    hi. Will Rogers allow shipping to Vietnam an un-lock Bold?
    What will be the last price?
    Thanks
    11-11-08 12:10 PM
    Great thread Matthew and keep up the good work. Here's my question:

I recently got a Curve 8330 and I don't have a data plan because I'm almost always near wi-fi. Because I have no data plan, I really don't want to rack up any data charges. I take it that even without a data plan, I still receive some data through the Edge network so I was wondering if you could help me out with stopping that. I would like to stop ALL data (of course everything is data, but I mean what Rogers calls data and will charge me for).
    1. I have selected "off" under Data Services in the Mobile Network Options. Is that enough or do I need to do more such as call Rogers to get a data block?
    2. Is there a way to check how much data I have used so far? Under Options>Status>File Free the number seems to keep increasing but I'm not sure if this is the data that I've used or not. Could you clarify that for me?
    3. What features will I lose when I have the data block? Of course I'll lose browsing when not using Wi-Fi, Blackberry Messenger, but I'm not exactly sure what else.
    Thanks a bunch for your help!
    11-15-08 04:08 AM
    Well, to clarify about your "blocking data" question, even if you phone Rogers, they are unable to block data on your phone. There is no current way to view data usage until the end of the month on your bill, however if you call into Rogers and get a decent rep, they can tell you how much data you have used. Now lets say you did find a way to block data, everything that uses data such as Blackberry Messenger, Email, any data capable apps, etc. will not longer work.
    11-15-08 12:15 PM
    Well, to clarify about your "blocking data" question, even if you phone Rogers, they are unable to block data on your phone. There is no current way to view data usage until the end of the month on your bill, however if you call into Rogers and get a decent rep, they can tell you how much data you have used. Now lets say you did find a way to block data, everything that uses data such as Blackberry Messenger, Email, any data capable apps, etc. will not longer work.
    1. Earlier in this thread you were saying that you are a high school student and you had questions of your own, so no offense but I'm looking for an answer from someone who hopefully works for Rogers and knows their stuff.
    2. I know FOR A FACT that you can call Rogers and have a data block put on your account because I know people who have done it.
    3. Which features specifically other than BB messenger and email? I'm just wondering which ones are considered to "use data". Losing BB messenger is a bit unfortunate, but I'm not too worried about losing email and the internet because I spend probably 80%-90% of my time in a wi-fi area.
    11-15-08 03:09 PM
    1. Earlier in this thread you were saying that you are a high school student and you had questions of your own, so no offense but I'm looking for an answer from someone who hopefully works for Rogers and knows their stuff.
    2. I know FOR A FACT that you can call Rogers and have a data block put on your account because I know people who have done it.
    3. Which features specifically other than BB messenger and email? I'm just wondering which ones are considered to "use data". Losing BB messenger is a bit unfortunate, but I'm not too worried about losing email and the internet because I spend probably 80%-90% of my time in a wi-fi area.
    You can have data blocked so that you don't incur any charges through Rogers. They can Block Mobile Internet and such services but the fact remains that you're on a Curve and the browsing isn't that great. Basically, all functionality that most people want from blackberry connectivity is completely gone.

I spend a lot of time in wi-fi areas, about 90% of the time, too but for the most part, I just can't be bothered running around searching for a wi-fi signal. Just a note, 8330 does not have wi-fi and is not even a Rogers phone. You are probably talking about the 8320, which makes specifications different. Please be wary of model numbers you identify as it makes our referencing much easier. And please don't berate other members, many of them are very knowledgeable and don't hold employment with Rogers. Thanks for your question, I hope I have provided you with a satisfactory answer.
    11-15-08 11:31 PM
    hi. Will Rogers allow shipping to Vietnam an un-lock Bold?
    What will be the last price?
    Thanks
    Rogers does not unlock phones, there are many stores that can do that for you. Rogers does not ship to Vietnam, it's just way too much (I send packages back "home" all the time, it's not cheap.) and Rogers will never ship to a territory they do not service.

I don't know what you mean by last price, Rogers is not a place where you purchase phones, we are a telecomm. service provider.
    11-15-08 11:37 PM
    I have been waiting for well over a month now for the 8310 and was told today it wont be available until Nov. 30th!!! The offer is through retention because I've had some major problems with my 8120 but I was wondering, let's say the 8900 comes out around xmas (just throwing a date, nothing serious) will I be able to get it through retention when the phone is first released?
    Unfortunately for you, I don't do retention offers because otherwise I would send the 8310 sitting next to me, just waiting to be activated lol. Chances of you getting the 8900 through retention IF and WHEN it is available to Rogers customers, will be very likely. At that time, call Rogers and speak with a retentions rep to see what they can do for you.
    11-15-08 11:40 PM
    Most Blackberry Models directly ordered from Rogers Corp. are backordered, some stores may still have them in stock though.
    But since it's a retention offer, your only choice is to wait.
    11-16-08 03:23 AM
    Hello Mathew,

I have a couple of questions to ask, I just ordered and received my BB 8220 with the 1GB BIS data plan from Rogers. The 8220 really suits my daily life style but I'm thinking of purchasing a BOLD and maybe a iPhone from Pasific Mall. Both phones come in sealed boxes and the BOLD is in a Rogers box. If I swap my SIM card into the BOLD and/or iPhone will my 1GB data plan work in either of those phones?

Thanks
    11-16-08 05:21 AM
    Hello Mathew,

I have a couple of questions to ask, I just ordered and received my BB 8220 with the 1GB BIS data plan from Rogers. The 8220 really suits my daily life style but I'm thinking of purchasing a BOLD and maybe a iPhone from Pasific Mall. Both phones come in sealed boxes and the BOLD is in a Rogers box. If I swap my SIM card into the BOLD and/or iPhone will my 1GB data plan work in either of those phones?

Thanks
    The Bold yes but the iPhone, maybe. Since You are on BIS with your 8220, it might not be compatible with the iPhone since the iPhone normally uses a data service plan and not a BIS service plan.
    11-16-08 10:06 AM
    I spoke with a customer who was using a BIS data plan on a Iphone and he was happy with the way it worked, but I asked him if he used all the functions and he said no so my take is much like matthew.gips that it might work depending on what you are trying to do. Just remember the Bold and Iphone are very different phones, when it comes to business applications the Bold beats the Iphone hands down but when it comes to gadgets and toys the Iphone wins. Personally I like the bold, cool media players are a dime a dozen but no other phone has the features to send and receive information like the 9000R.
    11-16-08 10:58 AM
    Thanks for your input. It'd be nice to have that 8310 beside you but I can't argue with hopefully getting an 8900. And if Crucial's post from yesterday is correct it should be sooner rather than later!
    11-16-08 06:03 PM
    Hi all, new BB user here. I got the Bold. =)

my question. GPS is that a data charge for usage?
    11-20-08 07:59 PM
    Hi all, new BB user here. I got the Bold. =)

my question. GPS is that a data charge for usage?
    Yes it is. Welcome to the family!
    11-21-08 09:21 AM
    @ Matthew.gip - Thanks. I think I'm becoming a BBM addict ahaha

Thanks for letting me know. Well at least my first 3 months of data is unlimited to play withit
    Last edited by Dangles; 11-21-08 at 02:54 PM.
    11-21-08 02:43 PM
    for matthew.gip....

i am seeing in other forums online that there is new blackberry plan which includes 10K SMS, 10K MMS, CID, EVM, Who-Called, UL BIS email and 500MB of data for $30. apparently the code for this plan is: VP30BB500.

can you confirm if this plan exist? thanks
    12-01-08 09:45 AM
    for matthew.gip....

i am seeing in other forums online that there is new blackberry plan which includes 10K SMS, 10K MMS, CID, EVM, Who-Called, UL BIS email and 500MB of data for $30. apparently the code for this plan is: VP30BB500.

can you confirm if this plan exist? thanks
    It exists. You've already got about as much info as anyone else I know.
    12-01-08 11:05 AM
    @ matthew.gip

thanks for confirming... just changed my data plan to this.. was not going near the 6gb i had previously had and saved myself $15 from the smartphone valu pack
    12-01-08 01:54 PM
    I have a question. I have a Rogers Bold unlocked and I'm using it on TMobile here in the states. I absolutely LOVE it but there is one thing that is starting to get
    annoying. My HTML email option is disabled and locked is there anyway to unlock it and enable
    HTML email? If so help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:42 PM
    I have a question. I have a Rogers Bold unlocked and I'm using it on TMobile here in the states. I absolutely LOVE it but there is one thing that is starting to get
    annoying. My HTML email option is disabled and locked is there anyway to unlock it and enable
    HTML email? If so help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you check if it is changed to enable HTML email in the options?
    Go to your message list, press the menu button go to options, 'Email Settings' and then 'Enable HTML Email' change it to YES if it is at NO.

If that does not fix it, I don't know.
    12-03-08 05:04 PM
951 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD