sweet! thanks for the reply
    09-13-08 02:39 PM
    Concidering business plans, i have the following eating a hole in my pocket each month.

Voice: $45 (450/Unlimited Eve/Weekend Plan)
    450 Weekday Minutes
    Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes (9pm-7am)
    Unl. Incoming Local Calls
    Can. Long Distance Saver 100 Minutes
    Savings: Can. Long Distance Saver 100 Discount (-$10.00)

Services & Add-ons: $15 ($15 Smartphone Value Pack)
    Call Display with Name Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    2,500 Text Messages
    1,000 Picture & Video Messages
    WhoCalled
    Mobile Backup

Data: $30 ($30 6GB Promo)
    Self explanatory

Other fees: $7.45
    911 Emergency Svc Access Fee ($0.50)
    System Access Fee ($6.95)

TOTAL DAMAGE: $97.45*
    *Assuming i've stayed within my limits and have not exceeded any amounts of specified usage and without GST added on yet.

To sum it up, i have not found a plan from another provider that can beat this plan yet. This is based on web surfing through sites and not actually speaking to a representative to negotiate possible changes or promotional prices, etc.

Based on what is presented above so far, has anyone encountered better deals? I am interested in better deals (aren't we all) and possible future options/changes to my current plan.
    10-02-08 09:21 AM
    Concidering business plans, i have the following eating a hole in my pocket each month.

Voice: $45 (450/Unlimited Eve/Weekend Plan)
    450 Weekday Minutes
    Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes (9pm-7am)
    Unl. Incoming Local Calls
    Can. Long Distance Saver 100 Minutes
    Savings: Can. Long Distance Saver 100 Discount (-$10.00)

Services & Add-ons: $15 ($15 Smartphone Value Pack)
    Call Display with Name Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    2,500 Text Messages
    1,000 Picture & Video Messages
    WhoCalled
    Mobile Backup

Data: $30 ($30 6GB Promo)
    Self explanatory

Other fees: $7.45
    911 Emergency Svc Access Fee ($0.50)
    System Access Fee ($6.95)

TOTAL DAMAGE: $97.45*
    *Assuming i've stayed within my limits and have not exceeded any amounts of specified usage and without GST added on yet.

To sum it up, i have not found a plan from another provider that can beat this plan yet. This is based on web surfing through sites and not actually speaking to a representative to negotiate possible changes or promotional prices, etc.

Based on what is presented above so far, has anyone encountered better deals? I am interested in better deals (aren't we all) and possible future options/changes to my current plan.
    You need to consider a few things. Does your workplace provide a better voice & data package you can use? The smartphone value pack is a great value and a real keeper. You are really getting a good price from what I can see because you do have a great amount of data, minutes and options. But if you PM me the name of your workplace, I can look in to whether your company has a V&D package that would be less expensive for you. You really are paying for what you get.
    10-02-08 09:36 AM
    im looking to upgrade to the bold and i am willing to resign my contract agreement at the 299 price point. but i just realized that the 6 gb data plan promo is expired. is there anyway that if i call rogers and have them look into how much money ive put into my account (over 2000) will they make an exception and put me on it? or just dont bother and head to my regular rogers dealer and sort it out there?
    10-02-08 11:52 AM
    im looking to upgrade to the bold and i am willing to resign my contract agreement at the 299 price point. but i just realized that the 6 gb data plan promo is expired. is there anyway that if i call rogers and have them look into how much money ive put into my account (over 2000) will they make an exception and put me on it? or just dont bother and head to my regular rogers dealer and sort it out there?
    PM me your information to access your account, I will look into what I can bargain for your on your behalf.
    10-02-08 01:28 PM
    Hi Guys,

Is there any way to increase the number of rings b4 the phone kicks to voicemail. I have the settings maxed on my 8310 but would like to get 20 to 30 secs of ring tone.

Is it a setting that can be changed at Rogers end ??

Thx.
    10-04-08 09:59 AM
    hey guys!! im frequently having questions for the guys down at rogers about my curve 8310 and was wondering if you guys could add me on blackberry messenger so i could ask you guys some questions on here too!

one question that i have right now is about html email! i just upgraded my curve to 4.5 but when i called rogers asking them y im not getting html emails they said its cause they dont support that os just yet? is anyone else getting html email with rogers on their bb? when is rogers going to support this? so many questions!!!!! lol THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS very much appreciated!

PIN#:207ED4E1
    10-06-08 01:14 AM
    The RIM e-mail solution is a highly optimized one. Right now the BIS on Roger's end is configured to send text only e-mails to save OTA data. The 4.5 OS update is accompanied by a BIS update as well that allows the BIS to send HTML messages down, if your device requests it. The BIS actually remembers your preference and will send the more compressed text-only packets if you disable HTML e-mail on your end (there's a setting in the Messages app).

So, quite bluntly, until Rogers upgrades their servers to support the 4.5 OS and the accompanying BIS upgrades, you won't be getting the HTML packets OTA, so the BB will just render them as plaintext.
    10-07-08 09:33 AM
    hey guys!! im frequently having questions for the guys down at rogers about my curve 8310 and was wondering if you guys could add me on blackberry messenger so i could ask you guys some questions on here too!

one question that i have right now is about html email! i just upgraded my curve to 4.5 but when i called rogers asking them y im not getting html emails they said its cause they dont support that os just yet? is anyone else getting html email with rogers on their bb? when is rogers going to support this? so many questions!!!!! lol THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS very much appreciated!

PIN#:207ED4E1
    Yes I am on Rogers and I do get html email. After you install OS 4.5 you will need to go to Email Settings then turn "HTML Email" on.

Hope this helps.
    10-07-08 09:49 AM
    hey i order a Bold on Oct 2nd and the lady said it was in stock at the time but now they telling me it's on back order

do u have any idea when rogers will get the bold in??

thanks
    10-08-08 03:02 PM
    hey i order a Bold on Oct 2nd and the lady said it was in stock at the time but now they telling me it's on back order

do u have any idea when rogers will get the bold in??

thanks
    you're better off going to a dealer that has it in stock. My store currently is carrying stock of the Bold.
    10-08-08 03:43 PM
    Hi Guys,

Is there any way to increase the number of rings b4 the phone kicks to voicemail. I have the settings maxed on my 8310 but would like to get 20 to 30 secs of ring tone.

Is it a setting that can be changed at Rogers end ??

Thx.
    I don't believe so but call Rogers tech support to check that out.
    10-08-08 03:44 PM
    you're better off going to a dealer that has it in stock. My store currently is carrying stock of the Bold.
    but the store cant give me the 299 price as rogers rep can or they can???

also can store give me the same deals as rogers rep??

250 weekdays unlimited after 5, free rogers to rogers for $25
    smartphone value plan for $10
    and email plan for $15
    Last edited by damdam; 10-08-08 at 04:12 PM.
    10-08-08 04:07 PM
    but the store cant give me the 299 price as rogers rep can or they can???

also can store give me the same deals as rogers rep??

and email plan for $15
    the store can definitely give you the price of the phone but as for offering certain retention plans to customers, we have less power with that.
    10-08-08 04:47 PM
    and email plan for $15
    Man, I want that plan... they must like you.
    10-09-08 02:53 PM
    Man, I want that plan... they must like you.
    Wow, $25 voice + $10 smartphone value pack + $15 unlimited e-mail

I would like that as my plan too, but I'd change the $15 part to $25 500mb add on option.

Hey, Matthew.Gip do you think that would be possible? Do I have to renew my agreement or can I just update my wireless plan and essentials?
    10-10-08 09:52 PM
    Hey Matthew,

I have a question I bought the blackberry bold through Rogers and have a rogers account. However, I will be moving to Dubai at the end of the month and would like to use my bold there with data. I heard that this could be a problem and I would have to get my pin released from Rogers for it to work elsewhere. Is this true? If so do I just called a rep and ask them to 0000 out or release my pin. Thanks for your help!
    10-11-08 10:45 AM
    Wow, $25 voice + $10 smartphone value pack + $15 unlimited e-mail

I would like that as my plan too, but I'd change the $15 part to $25 500mb add on option.

Hey, Matthew.Gip do you think that would be possible? Do I have to renew my agreement or can I just update my wireless plan and essentials?
    That plan is most likely a retention plan, of which I have no power over. As for the $10 smartphone value pack, if youre a student then you get $5 off any $15/$20 value pack.

Best bet is to call retentions and hope to get somebody lenient on the line.
    10-12-08 02:59 PM
    Hey Matthew,

I have a question I bought the blackberry bold through Rogers and have a rogers account. However, I will be moving to Dubai at the end of the month and would like to use my bold there with data. I heard that this could be a problem and I would have to get my pin released from Rogers for it to work elsewhere. Is this true? If so do I just called a rep and ask them to 0000 out or release my pin. Thanks for your help!
    Rogers will probably send you back and forth between them and RIM but Rogers does have to release it. Usually on the BIS is enough for some I've seen but calling in to Blackberry Tech Support is your best option.
    Relletti likes this.
    10-12-08 03:01 PM
    Hi Matthew....I have a question similar to Mikhol's os September 8....I'd like to get a BB Storm, but have pretty much given up on the rumours of Rogers getting the 9500 GSM version. If I get the Vodaphone (GSM) version to run of Rogers, would you anticipate any problems? I'd need to add a data plan to my great employee voice plan...would that be possible without problems? By the way, I'm off contract (it expired in August). Thanks in advance for your help!
    10-12-08 04:16 PM
    Hi matthew, i know you cant say an official date or anything but is there some truth to the 9500 coming to rogers in this Q4? I mean we hear rumors but is it true or false?
    10-12-08 10:38 PM
    Hi matthew, i know you cant say an official date or anything but is there some truth to the 9500 coming to rogers in this Q4? I mean we hear rumors but is it true or false?
    it is very possible but Q4 is not in yet so I can't confirm anything. Even the pipeline seems to have come to a good stand still. However, I do believe Rogers and RIM would not let apple hog the touch smartphone market without having some plan to take some back. And with the way Apple has treated it's vendors, some good kick in the arse to Apple might be good.
    10-12-08 11:21 PM
    Hi Matthew....I have a question similar to Mikhol's os September 8....I'd like to get a BB Storm, but have pretty much given up on the rumours of Rogers getting the 9500 GSM version. If I get the Vodaphone (GSM) version to run of Rogers, would you anticipate any problems? I'd need to add a data plan to my great employee voice plan...would that be possible without problems? By the way, I'm off contract (it expired in August). Thanks in advance for your help!
    It's very possible and there would be no problem as the only requirement is that it is a GSM phone and just ensure that Vodaphone releases the PIN from their system for the phone when using it in Canada. Once that is done, I can add a data plan to your account with no problems and you can be off to enjoy.
    10-12-08 11:24 PM
    retention plans AND regular plans offer network calling.
    this is incorrect, only the Mega Time plans or the odd Promo Small Business plans include UNC. Retention plans will only include Rogers to Rogers mobile, not Fido, or Rogers Home Phone.

Sadly, no one can bring back a plan that is expired... Not Retention, not a manager, no one, sorry...
    10-14-08 03:33 PM
    this is incorrect, only the Mega Time plans or the odd Promo Small Business plans include UNC. Retention plans will only include Rogers to Rogers mobile, not Fido, or Rogers Home Phone.

Sadly, no one can bring back a plan that is expired... Not Retention, not a manager, no one, sorry...
    Good call! I completely forgot I wrote that.
    10-14-08 09:44 PM
951 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD