GIP: Price This Out for Me:
    700 Daytime Minutes
    Unlimited Evenings and Weekends at 6
    Rogers-to-Rogers
    Unlimited Incoming
    2500 SMS
    $15 Email and Messenger Plan
    Caller ID
    You're asking the world of me to give you a definite price on that. Rogers currently does not have any plans that include both Rogers-to-Rogers Calling and Unlimited Incoming calls. What you are looking at, without the Unlimited Incoming is:

$75 750 Minutes
    $15 Smartphone Value Pack
    $15 Email and Messenger Plan
    $7 6pm Evening Option

This quotation is based on plans and options availabe within the Ontario region and subject to availability and may expire with limited notice. Bear in mind, this is without the Unlimited Incoming Calls feature. On a 3 year term and it is possible that this offer may not be available anymore due to the coming of Q3 with expiry of current plans and promotions in lieu of new ones being added.
    07-29-08 02:04 PM
    Oh, thanks for writing back GIP! I just wanted to see the various costs of all those options. I also wanted to ask you, my buddy bought a Rogers 8310 from a guy and he cannot set up his email because when he tries to set up a new BIS account it tells him that an account already exists. Is there any way he can get around that so he can set up his email. Also, what information do you need to link a Hotmail account to your blackberry?
    07-31-08 03:26 PM
    I currently (but not for much longer) work for rogers. I don't know anything more than physical hardware though, I'm a service technician.

That said, since I will be leaving I do have one question....

Can I just get a data plan with no voice added without getting dinged?

If not, what would be my cheapest option?
    07-31-08 03:43 PM
    Oh, thanks for writing back GIP! I just wanted to see the various costs of all those options. I also wanted to ask you, my buddy bought a Rogers 8310 from a guy and he cannot set up his email because when he tries to set up a new BIS account it tells him that an account already exists. Is there any way he can get around that so he can set up his email. Also, what information do you need to link a Hotmail account to your blackberry?
    As far as I know, the PIN on the 8310 is probably reserved by RIM and needs to be freed up. Call up Rogers or RIM customer service and they should be able to settle it.

For a hotmail account, as for setting up hotmail, reference here:
    http://http://forums.crackberry.com/...ail-my-bb-549/
    07-31-08 04:11 PM
    I currently (but not for much longer) work for rogers. I don't know anything more than physical hardware though, I'm a service technician.

That said, since I will be leaving I do have one question....

Can I just get a data plan with no voice added without getting dinged?

If not, what would be my cheapest option?
    You can get a data plan without a voice plan, calls would simply be $1.00 per minute. Any other data plan excluding $15, $25 & $30 promotional plan are eligible for activation without voice plan.
    07-31-08 04:15 PM
    That is a tough sell, sounds like your company has a corporate offer with Bell. You, as an employee alone, does not necessarily posses the purchasing power as your company would. Rogers would be able to offer you, in terms of a business plan, would be the $45 feature plan plus the smartphone value pack with the 6pm option added on. However, the data is not possible as at my level, 1GB of BES data is $100.

$45 + $7 6PM option + $15 smartphone value pack
    450 minutes
    Unlimited Incoming Local Calls
    Evenings and Weekends at 6pm
    Call Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    2500 text messages

Which company do you work for? Perhaps Rogers has a plan on file that I can look into. PM me if you are uncomfortable disclosing employment information.
    did the plan above include data?

i ended up calling rogers on monday because i needed to get my bb working for work. here is what they gave me:

-250 min wkday
    -free after 6pm
    -CD
    -VM
    -Unlimited Texts
    $25

+ $40 for 7MB DATA (BES)

For the wireless portion i got it for $25 before SAF/911/TAX. Because they can't discount data i just included the $40 data plan (7mb for BES). So in summary, i got everything above for $65 before all the taxes or $81.86 tax and fees in. Not the greatest plan by anymeans but im happy with what i got, especially the wireless portion. But if the plan you mentioned above included any data on the BES network, i got screwed
    08-01-08 02:21 PM
    did the plan above include data?

i ended up calling rogers on monday because i needed to get my bb working for work. here is what they gave me:

-250 min wkday
    -free after 6pm
    -CD
    -VM
    -Unlimited Texts
    $25

+ $40 for 7MB DATA (BES)

For the wireless portion i got it for $25 before SAF/911/TAX. Because they can't discount data i just included the $40 data plan (7mb for BES). So in summary, i got everything above for $65 before all the taxes or $81.86 tax and fees in. Not the greatest plan by anymeans but im happy with what i got, especially the wireless portion. But if the plan you mentioned above included any data on the BES network, i got screwed
    sounds good, a retention plan is what you got. Not a bad plan by any means, similar to corporate plans without hardware discounts. Good job!
    08-01-08 02:24 PM
    Matthew, wasn't there a company wide conference call today at rogers? I believe I read somewhere, and that it might actually shed light to the release date.

Cheer.
    08-01-08 07:41 PM
    Matthew, wasn't there a company wide conference call today at rogers? I believe I read somewhere, and that it might actually shed light to the release date.

Cheer.
    If there was, I didn't attend lols. I went golfing =D
    08-01-08 11:09 PM
    Let's start sticky Rogers Reps on Crackberry who members can ask directly for help or advice on Rogers products!

Please tell us your location and what dealership you work for.

My name is Matthew. I work out of Toronto for Mobile Wireless.
    You do know this is against the Business Code of Conduct right?... Or, are third-party dealers exempt from policies..
    08-04-08 08:45 AM
    You do know this is against the Business Code of Conduct right?... Or, are third-party dealers exempt from policies..
    So I supposed Rogers reps doing the same thing on HowardForums would be guilty of the same thing if what you're saying is correct.
    08-05-08 02:18 AM
    I have a rogers question, but not necessarily a blackberry question.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Rogers is going to increase their SAF?

Also, If Bell/Telus get away with charging for incoming text messaging, will Rogers jump on the bandwagon too?
    08-05-08 06:47 AM
    I have a rogers question, but not necessarily a blackberry question.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Rogers is going to increase their SAF?

Also, If Bell/Telus get away with charging for incoming text messaging, will Rogers jump on the bandwagon too?
    Really good questions. Unfortunately, Rogers Reps are not at liberty to answer those questions, nor really do I know the answer to them.
    08-05-08 11:00 AM
    oh that sucks, but is it possible to use an AT&T phone with Rogers?

thanks for your input!
    Call AT&T and ask for the unlock code. I did and they gave it to me over the phone, no cost and I am not an AT&T subscriber. Unlike Rogers, they will give them out.
    08-11-08 11:13 AM
    does rogers limit the ability for wifi on wifi capable mobiles?
    08-22-08 06:04 PM
    does rogers limit the ability for wifi on wifi capable mobiles?
    WiFi has nothing to do with Rogers. Especially in terms of hardware, Rogers has no real control over it. If the phone is WiFi enabled, then WiFi is dependent on the connection to the Wireless Router.
    08-22-08 11:58 PM
    wath would be the best plan BB rogers already have 6G plan but looking for good voice plan need help
    08-24-08 10:17 PM
    wath would be the best plan BB rogers already have 6G plan but looking for good voice plan need help
    You should check out the website, under Blackberry Voice and Email plan, though I'm not sure you can get it without the actual data plan included :S
    08-25-08 08:51 PM
    To be realistic with you, we don't make a measure of what we think the BEST voice plan would be for you because you could use more or you could use less. How many minutes do you realistically see yourself using each month and what features are important to you?

If I told you the $25 Mega Time plan was the best but you always managed to go over since you called a lot of people out of the Rogers Network, it's really my fault for not having put you onto a MY5 plan or something.

The 6GB data plan, however, is the best you can get until August 31st!
    08-25-08 09:16 PM
    not sure if this is a quesiton you can answer, but I wanted to activate the $30/6gb plan on my new 8310 as when I ordered it, the rep said to call in when I actually got the phone. Well, the rep who I spoke with said the plan was not available in her system anymore, and it wans't in anybody else's either, but it is not supposed to be finished until the 31st...
    08-26-08 01:42 PM
    its still available i got it the bold on this plan today so i dunno what thy are talking bout
    08-26-08 07:18 PM
    Hey Matt,
    Still looking to get the bold, wanted to know if you can give me some insight into which retail stores have them...i've been trying to call the retail stores in the dowtown toronto area but they NEVER answer the phone, let me know and if you get commission based on it i would come to your location and give it to since you've answered so many questions.
    Thanks a lot.
    2072e8ba
    08-26-08 09:26 PM
    not sure if this is a quesiton you can answer, but I wanted to activate the $30/6gb plan on my new 8310 as when I ordered it, the rep said to call in when I actually got the phone. Well, the rep who I spoke with said the plan was not available in her system anymore, and it wans't in anybody else's either, but it is not supposed to be finished until the 31st...
    I suspect the tele-sales staff are under instruction to ignore the 6 Gb plan.

Last edited by Reed; 08-27-08 at 12:58 PM.
    08-27-08 11:04 AM
    PM Me and I'll see what I can do for you.
    08-28-08 12:19 PM
951 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD