If I called the Blackberry Support line and asked them if they could change my BIS settings or whatever so that the Rogers Mall, Get More Apps, Get More Games, Flickr, Facebook, Myspace, etc service books don't get sent to my phone every time, is that even possible? Would they do that, or would I just be wasting my time?

Alternatively, I could just delete the books on each reset or each time I re-send them. I figured out which ones to delete by trial & error, but ideally I'd like them to just not be sent in the first place. And, before anyone says it, yes, I know I can hide the icons.

The way I look at it is that I'm the one paying the bills and I'm definitely not paying Rogers to tell me what I want or need to have in terms of apps on my own personal phone... even less so since it's not even from them, it's a Verizon Storm.
    I am going to get an unlocked Telus Storm 2 & use it on Rogers. Is the Verizon Storm 2 working fine on the Rogers network? Is the EDGE quick enough for browsing? Did it require a lot of work to set up the phone on Rogers?

Thanks.
    12-25-09 01:07 AM
    Date of 9700 is unkown, all is speculation...

Storm 2 is unknown all together...
    Dear Reps

When I port from FIDO to Rogers can I keep my current student plan & just add a data plan to it? My student plan gives me unlimited incoming, FIDO to FIDO & FIDO to Rogers free, 100 weekday mins, weekends & evenings free. So if possible I would love to continue with this & just add a data plan to it.

Will I still have to pay the activation fee if I port from FIDO to Rogers? Will the system access fee still continue?

Can Futureshop or Best Buy do the porting and activation for free or do should I just get the phone from there & get it activated though the Rogers customer service to get the activation fee waived?

Will I be able to use GSM on Rogers with the Storm 2 (9550) once the new GSM network of Rogers is up & running since it is a CDMA phone?

I am a new Balckberry user & this will be the first time I will be changing a service provider so have no knowledge of how all this works and any help will be highy appreciated.

Thanks.
    12-25-09 02:13 PM
    Dear Reps

When I port from FIDO to Rogers can I keep my current student plan & just add a data plan to it? My student plan gives me unlimited incoming, FIDO to FIDO & FIDO to Rogers free, 100 weekday mins, weekends & evenings free. So if possible I would love to continue with this & just add a data plan to it.

Will I still have to pay the activation fee if I port from FIDO to Rogers? Will the system access fee still continue?

Can Futureshop or Best Buy do the porting and activation for free or do should I just get the phone from there & get it activated though the Rogers customer service to get the activation fee waived?

Will I be able to use GSM on Rogers with the Storm 2 (9550) once the new GSM network of Rogers is up & running since it is a CDMA phone?

I am a new Balckberry user & this will be the first time I will be changing a service provider so have no knowledge of how all this works and any help will be highy appreciated.

Thanks.
    I'm not a Rogers rep but if you're getting an S2 and don't plan on taking advantage of a Rogers BB then why do you want to port to Rogers? You can add BlackBerry data on Fido.. the exact same prices as Rogers and you don't have to leave. Therefore you can keep your plan with Fido and also use your S2 with data.
    12-28-09 10:38 AM
    I just got my bold 9000 unlcoked and I'm experience this prob only when making outoging calls and message.. no problem with incoming..

SIM CARD Barred & Sim Toolkit Error

do u know what this means?
    01-08-10 10:50 PM
    Dear Reps

Thanks.
    Generally speaking, you will be treated as a new Rogers customer and will have to choose a Rogers plan and pay the rogers fees (activation, monthly, gov't). You may do the port at FutureShop or Best Buy, at any Rogers store, or via Rogers customer service. You may use the Storm 2 on the Rogers network as long as it is unlocked, but you will not be able use the 3G network. Rogers has had a GSM network for forever now, so I'm not sure what you mean by "new GSM network".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 02:32 PM
    I just got my bold 9000 unlcoked and I'm experience this prob only when making outoging calls and message.. no problem with incoming..

Ok this is the third time you've asked the same thing. Call technical support.

01-09-10 02:33 PM
    Ok this is the third time you've asked the same thing. Call technical support.

OK Ms. bandwith police.. Whats wrong with me asking.. when i didn't get any clear solution..

If u think im wasting bandwith by me asking questions, then u are wasting even more by leaving dumb remarks.. u could have just as easily left me a PM.. but u like to post ur stupid opinions to waste bandwith on the forum... If u cant help then STFU
    01-14-10 01:55 AM
    OK Ms. bandwith police.. Whats wrong with me asking.. when i didn't get any clear solution..

If u think im wasting bandwith by me asking questions, then u are wasting even more by leaving dumb remarks.. u could have just as easily left me a PM.. but u like to post ur stupid opinions to waste bandwith on the forum... If u cant help then STFU
    Clearly "call technical support" was advice. You've posted numerous times and nobody has any ideas except for you to call Rogers, so do yourself a favour and give that a shot.

01-14-10 11:04 AM
    hello everybody, hope somebody her can help me

i received my bill from december, 35$ overcharge for talktime
    i never bust usually

at the beginning of the month i had a bb8900 with talkspot, was using a lot talkspot to speak with ppl who are not in my Top10

around 18-22 december i received a 9700, UMA being disabled/not supported
    i contacted rogers to remove the TalkSpot option and to add a number to my TOP10 (this is the number i used to reach a lot using talkspot)

now i got the bill with overcharges...
    my question is: if i removed the talkspot option at the middle of the month...am i being chargeed for the calls i did prior to that date using talkspot?!

any help would be appreciated sry for poor english
    01-14-10 12:39 PM

you must phone the phone in 2g mode. it will not make calls if youre on 3g. the phone will not have the same frequencies as rogers bands so the 3g will not work.
    01-17-10 01:08 PM
    Hopefully someone will have an answer to this weird question.

A month ago I bought an unlocked Nokia E72 for my bf. It came with a converter thing for the plug because its the UK edition. He can talk on the phone and text BUT the internet runs EDGE only and not 3G.

I have been doing research online and can't seem to find out if there is a firmware update so that it can run the 3G network instead. EDGE sucks and takes forever to load and thus makes the internet practically useless.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
    01-20-10 09:35 AM
    b.b.p

It's hard to say without seeing your account, but removing talkspot partway through the bill cycle shouldn't effect it. I would call in and have someone look over your usage with you to see where the overages came from.
    01-20-10 09:36 AM
    not sure if this is something you guys can answer but i'll ask anyways

i bought a 8900 from rogers through future shop and i didnt get the extended warranty.

originally, they told me i had a 1 year warranty on the phone and a 1 time replacement for the battery. my phone (only when browsing) has been randomly shutting off and my battery is turning to **** so i've gone in and talked to them about it a couple times... everytime, a new answer

and also if my phone is infact deemed defective do i get a NEW phone or a refurb in return. and is there a 1 time replacement or is there a new warranty on the replacement.

its a lot of questions but any feedback would be helpful as employees at future shop are dopes
    01-25-10 10:45 AM
    ^ just a guess, but you may have to go through technical support with rogers in order to get a replacement. If you've had your 8900 for over 30days or used 30 minutes you will more than likely get a refurb. That being said, I've never had a problem getting refurbs and they are usually better than the original brand-new unit that I had!

The warranty through rogers/rim is one year from time of purchase, so if you get a replacement 6 months in, you have 6 more months (I believe).

That being said..I went through 3 8900s before switching to the bold.

01-26-10 02:09 PM
    ^ just a guess, but you may have to go through technical support with rogers in order to get a replacement. If you've had your 8900 for over 30days or used 30 minutes you will more than likely get a refurb. That being said, I've never had a problem getting refurbs and they are usually better than the original brand-new unit that I had!

The warranty through rogers/rim is one year from time of purchase, so if you get a replacement 6 months in, you have 6 more months (I believe).

That being said..I went through 3 8900s before switching to the bold.

alright, thanks a bunch for the feedback!!
    01-26-10 06:10 PM

which OS you are using? Your sim card is a 4000 series?
    01-29-10 10:02 PM
    Hi,
    I'm a high school student at a boarding school.
    My phone is not functioning properly, so I bought an unlocked 8520 AT&T phone. I contacted Rogers saying that I would like to add on to my plan the 30 dollar value pack where I'd get caller ID, voicemail, unlimited text, unlimited instant messenger (BBM) and unlimited email. However, my email said that since my machine wasn't from Rogers, it would be not compatible. how does this make sense? why should it matter that it is a rogers phone? i'm just paying or the service...

It says that its unlocked. Is that even reasonable to say that it isn't compatible when it says that its a blackberry plan? Shouldn't it technically work with any blackberry that is unlocked or locked for Rogers?

Whats the service books?

If you plan on using an unlocked device from another carrier (Non-Rogers
    Device) you will need to subscribe to the $20 Smartphone Value Pack as
    well as the $15 Personal Email on Blackberry. As stated in the previous
    emails we are unable to guarantee the functionality of the handset as it
    is not a Rogers? device. We have personalized plans for Non-Rogers
    devices.

This is what they wrote me back with when I asked why it mattered if the handset is from Rogers or not... Still didn't quite get the answer I was looking for.. but I think I'll try calling and hopefully it'll be possible.

Who knew getting phone plans would be so complicated?!?!
    02-02-10 12:38 AM
    Hey guys... Just wondering if Rogers ever gives out unlocking codes to customers. I have an 8900 with a voice and data plan. I travel to the states a lot and I can't continue with the roaming charges. Everytime I call and request the unlock code, they try to sell me one of the roaming packages.

However, I would prefer unlocking the phone and just swapping out sims. So does rogers ever give out these codes and what would be the best approach to get this.

02-02-10 02:09 PM
    Hey guys... Just wondering if Rogers ever gives out unlocking codes to customers. I have an 8900 with a voice and data plan. I travel to the states a lot and I can't continue with the roaming charges. Everytime I call and request the unlock code, they try to sell me one of the roaming packages.

However, I would prefer unlocking the phone and just swapping out sims. So does rogers ever give out these codes and what would be the best approach to get this.

Sorry they don't provide unlock codes.
    02-03-10 06:13 PM
    Thanks... I guess I'm just gonna buy one.

02-03-10 06:15 PM
    Hey there, Maybe u can help me too???

How do I get that rogers bb sig off my emails?

"Sent from rogers blah balh blah..."
    HELP- It's soooooo UGLY
    02-06-10 09:00 PM
    Hey I'm not a rep, but all you need to do is log into yous bis account and you can change the email signature from there.

02-07-10 07:22 AM
    Hey I'm not a rep, but all you need to do is log into yous bis account and you can change the email signature from there.

I just did that now, thnx so much
    02-07-10 10:23 AM
    Hi all - very new to the 9700/ BB world!

Maybe a stupid question - so I pre-apologize.. but I am currently with Rogers under a 15.00 plan (unlimited emails/IM) but no data. If I send a voice/picture note within BBM to another BB user - does that incure additional cost? Or is that free as long as I am sending to another BB user?

Thanks in advance!
    02-13-10 12:19 AM
    I am planning to go to the Philippines for one month and would like to bring my bb. I wanted to use it mainly just for email and bbm. I am planning to get the $25 data plan and then add the $50 intl data plan for 10MB (for a month). Will this be enough (only text email and bbm)? How is data being charged for intl use? Is it based on the data being received and send and not based on the connection or roaming?
    I just don't want to be surprised with the bill I will be getting....
    Thank you for your assistance
    02-15-10 07:35 AM
951 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD